Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As this thread has gotten pretty quiet over the last few podcasts: Just wanted to let you know that I am looking forward to the 'cast on "Pain" later today . I always enjoy listening in and hearing your opinion on things.

Comment

I just wanted to say that I love love love the podcast. I feel like I have to wait longer for it over here in Japan! Its as much a highlight to my week as the episodes. Well maybe not *quite* as much. When I first heard my voice on the podcast, I felt like I won the lottery! Anyways, hurry up Itunes...need next podcast....
      sigpic
      Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
      O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
      Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
      O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Thanks, all! Glad to know our late-night yammering has some entertainment value to others.

#90 going up momentarily.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Now Available:
          Episode #90 - "Pain"

Last week fans tuned in to Stargate Universe for a little nightmare, a little hallucination … and a little "Pain." GateWorld's David and Darren are talking all about the new episode in this week's installment of the podcast, from Matt's cheatin' heart to Greer's dark side, from the trip across the void to alien ticks. Tune in to hear our discussion of the episode, and to hear what listeners thought of "Pain!"

RED ALERT! We're recording our next "Open Line Night" early, for release on June 2. If you have a question, comment, or topic of discussion on anything related to Stargate or science fiction, call the GateWorld Podcast Hotline by Saturday morning (U.S. time), May 22: (951) 262-1647.

That's in addition to your comments about Friday's new episode, "Subversion," which are due on the voicemail line by Monday. (If you’d like to participate in both shows, please leave two separate messages. Thanks!)

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/0...-podcast-pain/
          Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2010-05-19.mp3
          Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

This Week's Listener Question: What did you think of this week's new episode of Stargate Universe, "Subversion?"

Leave a voicemail on the hotline or e-mail us a brief voice recording!

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

Dial: (951) 262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

... or e-mail a brief recording to webmaster (at) gateworld (dot) net.

Thanks to everyone for listening!
          Last edited by Darren; 19 May 2010, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Hey everyone,

While I was listening to the pain podcast and the discussion on the FTL and Hyperspace drives, I remembered a theoretical real world form of FTL travel called the Alcubierre drive. The drive is kind of like a "warp drive" from Star Trek, this drive would warp space time and cancel out any of the temporal distortions associated with FTL travel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcubierre_drive

I hope this helps answer some questions about the Destiny's FTL drive.

Comment

Hi guys! Nice job with the podcast but again there was something wrong with the volume (Darren's voice was very loud and David's very low).

And since I'm nitpicking: "Grace" was in season 7 of SG-1, not season 6.

Also, Kino webisode no 25, with Greer and Scott talking, is up on MGM's site. I don't know if it's reapeared or been there the whole time, but I had no trouble with finding it. Kino ep no 26 is also available there.

However the main reason I'm writing is that I wanted to comment on something you said in a recent podcast (don't remember if it was for "Lost" or "Sabotage"). You said you started to understand the complaints about the way women in the franchise were written and you gave TJ and Vanessa as examples. I actually laughed when I heard that, because these 2 ladies are the best written women in the franchise since Sam and Janet, IMO. Me and my friends here on forum (females in their mid-twenties) are very pleased with them, simply because they seem real. They act like real people we know in RL and I applaud the writers for their efforts. The fact that TJ didn't know how to tell Young about her pregnancy or that James cried in the privacy of her own room doesn't make them weak or their portrayal sexist. Right now only Chloe's portrayal is very stereotypical (overly emotional, damsel in distress/love interest etc), but even this is slowly changing for the better..

Apart from that, keep up good work.
              There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
              sigpic
              awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Thanks, Petra! I'd love to get that opinion on the show. Would you perchance be willing to call in and share it audio-style?

Comment

Got anything special in mind for podcast #100?
                  sigpic

Comment

Nothing yet, but we have a couple of months to figure it out. Any suggestions?!

Comment

There was something wrong with the microphone sound in this podcast about episode Pain

I can say microphones because the music in the start was fine, and so was the female “computer “voice

But you two the commentators were all sounding like you were far away and there was this static noise.

Perhaps you should download the version your self, and listen to it, you can hear all the problems any time either of you speak

But on the bright side 90 podcasts and only one of them has bad audio

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                        Nothing yet, but we have a couple of months to figure it out. Any suggestions?!
                        Let me think about it.

Other than iTunes, isn't there another way to directly download new podcasts? So far I've had to download the mp3 with DownloadHelper, but sometimes it just isn't helping.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by I-Like-Pie View Post
                          There was something wrong with the microphone sound in this podcast about episode Pain
                          Everybody, we are definitely aware of the audio issues. We both listen to the show at least once before publication, but after it's recorded (in this case) there is nothing to be done. We know why it happened, we know how to fix it next time, but after the show is recorded there was nothing to be done this week.

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                          Other than iTunes, isn't there another way to directly download new podcasts? So far I've had to download the mp3 with DownloadHelper, but sometimes it just isn't helping.
                          You can download the audio files to your harddrive directly from the MP3 links; with iTunes; or with any of the podcast Web sites listen on the show notes page.

Comment

Thanks, Petra! I'd love to get that opinion on the show. Would you perchance be willing to call in and share it audio-style?
                            Sorry, no can do. For the next few weeks I won't have time to experiment with recording myself (I've never done anything like it). I'll think about it after the school ends though.

Egle, I always download podcasts from GW Podcast site and I've never had any problems.
                            There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                            sigpic
                            awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

I have to tell you guys i love the podcast. Rush is my fav he is just so complex you cant get a read on what he is going to do next .I have to talk about Subversion
                              Spoiler:
                              I loved the jack lines it never gets old and Daniel was nice to see there was alot of twists here How did rush KIVA name? How long has Telford been a spy for The Lucian Alliance but the biggest twist of them all a new Icarus Will rush open the gate what would happen then?

Kree Sha The Goa'uld goat

Comment

You can download the audio files to your harddrive directly from the MP3 links; with iTunes; or with any of the podcast Web sites listen on the show notes page.
                                Yeah, the last one worked for me. Thanks.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X