• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are there plans to continue the podcast next year ?? just wondering
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Ah, but of course.

We have the next three months pretty well mapped out already, leading up to SGU's return. There was some talk at one point of moving to a biweekly format, at least while the show is on hiatus, but we just have too much we want to talk about. The earliest that might happen would be next summer (if we did decide to go that route).
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Episode #73 is now available!

We’re wrapping up 2009, a big year of transition for the Stargate franchise, on this week’s podcast! Darren and David will look back on the last 12 months, from the final bow of Stargate Atlantis in January to the SGU premiere, our trips to the Stargate conventions in Vancouver and Chicago, Comic-Con, plus the long lead-up to the start of the third Stargate series. We’ll also get David to weigh-in on “Justice,” and hear from some listeners on their personal Stargate high-points of the year.

Our last show of the year wraps up with a special treat for Stargate fans: “PX-75309,” a parody song by the band Sci-Fried! To hear more and learn about the band, visit them at Sci-FriedBand.com.

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/1...ear-in-review/
        Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2009-12-16.mp3
        Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

This Week's Listener Question: What is the single greatest strength and the greatest weakness of Stargate Universe so far?

Leave a voicemail on the hotline or e-mail us a brief voice recording!

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

NEW NUMBER! Dial: 951-262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks to everyone for listening to the show this year! Happy Holidays, and we’ll see you in 2010.

Comment

HI guys

Great podcast. Didn't get a chance to call in for the discussion, but the SG moment for me of 09 was.......THE PODCASTS!!!

During the long-drought of no new eps...the podcast was a life line to prevent total DTs!!!

Well done the D-Men!

Talk soon all

S'n'T
          "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
          Sara O' Neill's father;
          COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Apologies if I missed this somewhere else, but . . .

Is there still a problem with downloading the interviews
            via iTunes? Nothing past Joe Flanigan on 10/17/2009
            is showing up.

Thanks as alwyas for a great show, site, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by EngrGGG View Post
              Apologies if I missed this somewhere else, but . . .

Is there still a problem with downloading the interviews
              via iTunes? Nothing past Joe Flanigan on 10/17/2009
              is showing up.

Thanks as alwyas for a great show, site, etc.

i am also expericing this
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working on this. Thanks for the head's up!

Comment

was impressed with the stressing of the "opinions" side of the show at the end of the latest episode... i gots to say i was pretty disappointed with the guest host on episode 50 that took great joy in telling the story of the time he cut a guest or some-such off because he didn't agree with their opinion... glad to see you guys are better than that...

Comment

Hi All!

A post to wish all here a very Merry, Safe and Peaceful Christmas and also, a prosperous New Year.

Thanks for all the great discussion, debate and "dissection" of SG in '09! Roll on '10!!

Best to all!

Paul
                    Sara O' Neill's father;
                    COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Merry Christmas Everyone
                      Mac Jackson
                      Singer/Songwriter of
                      "Harmony Constant"
                      [email protected]
                      myspace.com/harmonyconstant
                      youtube.com/MacWJack
                      Our Music is at iTunes and Amazon:
                      http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...tant&x=19&y=22

Comment

Best to all the Podcast crew and listeners from chilly Ireland!

Looking forward to more great SG debate in 2010!

S'n'T
                        Sara O' Neill's father;
                        COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Hey I love listing to to the pod cast, i live in Australia and we have only just started SGU, we have just finished Darkness. Although i have caught up by watching online. I think That SGU is a very different sort of show and darkness was the first time i really felt like i was watching stargate. I have really enjoyed your pod cast, and although i don't agree with everything you say, i realize that they are options.

xx Lady

Comment

Catching up on the podcasts and am listening to #60 with great interest. I did my Master's thesis on fanfiction and fanfiction writers, based in narrative theory and, like your guest, built my work from the original work of Henry Jenkins and also de Certeau's idea of textual poaching.

I'm delighted that you've (GW) seriously looked into the topic of fanfiction and didn't just slam it out of hand.

Edit: Now I'm 37 min in and wanted to add this. One of you guys, don't know who, mentioned the "big question" of 'why' people do this thing, why they write it.

That was one of the driving questions of my own thesis. The "why." I based my own paper also in something called "uses and gratifications theory." The theory places more focus on the consumer, or audience, instead of the actual message itself by asking “what people do with media” rather than “what media does to people” (Katz, 1959). That's important.

I think Louisa did a good job explaining some of what drives fanfic writers, and for anyone here who's interested, fanfic research is a growing and rich field for research. There are many angles to take (slash, not slash, poaching, not poaching, public domain versus proprietary ownership). I hope the podcast inspires future scholars.
                            Last edited by Pol; 02 January 2010, 03:11 PM.
                            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

the single greatest strength and weekness of SGU is that it is so different from the other two stargate series, but yet still in the same universe.
                              this is a strength because it gives new life to stargate in general, and fans who came to SGU may become interested in the other two series and help them live on in the way of movies.

this is also a weekness because many fans will not like this and stop liking stargate (i personily know several people like this) and then there is the chance that too many poeple will leave and the show will be cancled.

how i feel like i am answering an english question on my exam when i right like this!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback on the FanFic podcast, Pol! I'm glad to hear that another scholar thinks we did a decent enough job with the subject.

Announcement!

Due to my lack of Internet over the holidays persisting well into January, we'll be taking an extra week off (unless David has arranged something without my knowing ... Hmm.). Episode #74 will be along next week, on Wednesday, January 13.

So you still have a few more days to call in with your thoughts on SGU so far!

Comment

Working...
                                X