Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys, I finally caught up on the last 3 podcasts I missed. So belated Happy 50th! I hope to hear from your guests again, they were all great.

I don't think I ever said "thank you" for including my comments in your show, so: thank you

About Season 7 Podcast:

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
    I must say, I didn't agree with what you guys said in your podcast about season 7.
    I highly enjoyed that season, and just about every episode.
    I was a bit disappointed when you guys didn't like some of the episodes, but that's ok.
    lol, I usually disagree with Darren and David.
    I still can't believe they were so awfully negative about season 6 (my personal favourite) and that now despite saying over and over how disappointed they were by season 7 they still gave it better notes than season 6! But to each their own and in any case each podcast is fun to listen to, no matter how much I don't agree with it Keep up the good work guys.

I also have 2 questions for future reference:

1. Who is Darren's favourite character? David said many times he likes Daniel the best but I don't think I heard Darren state his preference?

2. I absolutely love the podcasts with Tame and I was wondering why is she the only Mod to appear on the show? Would it be possible to have the others? Personally I'd love to hear what Skydiver has to say, especially since her opinions may vastly differ from yours.. Anyway, just a thought.
    There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
    sigpic
    awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Hi Guys!

Yes I agree with Col Aga with comments on Tame...More Tame please! And Also, any chance of other Mods? Keep up good work all!

Sn'T
      "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
      Sara O' Neill's father;
      COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Just popping in to Thank you as well for enjoying my time on the Podcasts I keep telling them I have more then one fan
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I count two fans and at least three sock puppets, Tame!

No, actually Tame is being promoted and will be wall-to-wall in next week's show. Before I hit the road, let me say thanks to her for stepping up and sitting in for me!
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by col aga View Post
            About Season 7 Podcast:

lol, I usually disagree with Darren and David.
            I still can't believe they were so awfully negative about season 6 (my personal favourite) and that now despite saying over and over how disappointed they were by season 7 they still gave it better notes than season 6! But to each their own and in any case each podcast is fun to listen to, no matter how much I don't agree with it
            Just the way the world works, folks. Personally, I was surprised they were so easy on Season 7 compared to how they felt about Season 6.

That said, I love the Stargate History podcasts and I find them to be the best thing you guys are doing right now. Will you guys still be doing them (the Atlantis seasons) while SGU is airing it's first season? Just wondering.
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

YAHH For Tame!!

Wo! Wo! Wo!

S'n'T
              Sara O' Neill's father;
              COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Meant to say

Who is Kevin Cole?? Does he work for MGM?

S'n'T
                Sara O' Neill's father;
                COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Episode #53 is now available!

What happens to your soul (or mind, or spirit, or consciousness) when you step through the Stargate? Or when your body is demolecularized and transmitted by a transporter? In this week’s podcast GateWorld’s Darren and David get metaphysical, looking at a variety of science fiction problems and different religious ways of explaining the soul-body connection.

Also this week:

Comic-Con Debrief! David reports on his trip to the big event, and we mash together the latest news from the world of Stargate and new additions to GateWorld.

Listener Mail! Some meaty questions and comments from podcast listeners in this week's show

This Week's Listener Question: Should the Stargate program be made public? What good (or harm) would this do to storytelling in the Stargate universe?

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Give us your thoughts on this week's listener question, leave feedback on the podcast itself, or talk about anything Stargate-related you want.

Dial: 616-712-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks to everyone for listening and contributing to the podcast!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirt'n'Tie View Post
                    Meant to say

Who is Kevin Cole?? Does he work for MGM?

S'n'T
                    Kevin Coll runs FusedFilm.com. Sorry I neglected to mention that!

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                      That said, I love the Stargate History podcasts and I find them to be the best thing you guys are doing right now. Will you guys still be doing them (the Atlantis seasons) while SGU is airing it's first season? Just wondering.
                      We'll make it thru SG-1 this summer, and then come back and pick up Atlantis 1-4 (we did 5 after it aired) when SGU goes on hiatus.

Comment

Ya see!!

That's what I love about these guys! Leave a question and it's answere *snap* like that!

Loved the podcast guys...

Will mull over this weeks q.

Adios

S'n'T
                        Sara O' Neill's father;
                        COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

This Week’s Listener Question:
                          Should the Stargate Program be made public? What good (or harm) would this do to storytelling in the Stargate universe?

God No! Not only would it change the major dynamic of the franchise but it would lose the feeling of "this is us now" that has keep the franchise fresh and possible for us. The moment it becomes public then it's not our universe. Plus, we've seen enough alternate worlds where that plays out to satisfy the viewers.

Thanks so much.
                          PS- Thilled you loved my "soul" comment
                          Mac Jackson
                          Singer/Songwriter of
                          "Harmony Constant"
                          [email protected]
                          myspace.com/harmonyconstant
                          youtube.com/MacWJack
                          Our Music is at iTunes and Amazon:
                          http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...tant&x=19&y=22

Comment

Hello, I just listened to episode about the soul. Interesting note, there is a major study underway to prove the existence of 'out of body' experiences. If they exist it will scientifically prove the existence of the soul. The test goes like this:
                            25 hospitals around the world have fitted surgeries with shelves full of easy to remember but hard to guess pictures, newspaper clippings, messages and objects. The key point is that the items can only be seen from the top of the room, where most people seem to view the room from in an out of body experience. The test will study 1500 patients over 3 years.

This can disprove the out of body experience as an actual physical event but not disprove the soul. positive results will prove both.

Comment

Hey Guys,

I loved this weeks podcast it made me think a lot. I had a serious debate/discussion with my Priest about it

Answering this weeks listener question

My answer would have to be a big no!! I think it would change not only the story telling but the audience way of viewing, what I mean is, when we watch at the moment we can imagine that this is our world today, that it could be anyone of us going through the gate, but if it was public it would be much harder for us the audience to put ourself in SG1's shoes.

IMHO, I do think if TPTB have a great desire to make the Stargate public then it should only be done when they're filming the last ever SG1 movie and show the harm/wars and political unrest that would undoubtedly happen as a result, Earth is just not ready to hear a secret that big.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

This week's podcast, I liked the question. Although it did go rather in a rather spiritual direction, which as a physics student, doesn't agree with me much!

This week's question:
                                "Should the Stargate Program be made public? What good (or harm) would this do to storytelling in the Stargate universe?"

I think it would be a new direction for the new SG1 movie. The bad guys are all gone, both SG1 and SGA are over, SGU is set accross the universe, so why not? It seems like it would be a bad idea to bring in a new enemy, I think there's only so long you can drag the old team out to fight new bad guys. Maybe it's time for a shake up?
                                sigpic
                                http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                                http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X