X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good podcast guys thanks for the mention

Season 7... one word... fraiser....
    Heroes P1/2 and Lost City, both at the top of my list
    Lost city, the beginning of the spin off and Heroes the fall of Fraiser...
    Those 2 i could watch over and over again (and i have almost once a month at least since i got the DVDs.)
    Both are in my top 5 of best SG1/SGA eps

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
      Episode #51 is now available!

Trade in your space guns and alien ships for flowers and chocolate! This week GateWorld Forum’s Tame Farrar joins David and Darren to talk about romance and relationships in the Stargate universe. Do romantic relationships between main characters add to the show, or detract from it? How much is too much? And do relationships on the show require a “happy ending?” Shippers especially won’t want to miss this discussion about a major fandom phenomenon.

Also this week:

Stargate News! The latest news from the world of Stargate

GateWorld Features! What's new on the site?

Interview Preview! Hear a preview of our interview with long-time producer John G. Lenic

This Week's Listener Question: What is your favorite episode from Stargate SG-1 Season Seven, and why do you think it’s the best?

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Give us your thoughts on this week's listener question, leave feedback on the podcast itself, or talk about anything Stargate-related you want.

Dial: 616-712-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks to everyone for listening and contributing to the podcast!
      YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks guys well I'm of to go listening lol thanks again
      Made by the wonderful Lahela

Comment

My favorite episode is "Fallen (Part 1)". Why? Because of DANIELS RETURN!! To his physical self anyway.
        Also it weakens Anubis when his powerful weapon is destroyed, not by a lot but enough to save everyone
        WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN WW2!

Spoiler:
        Germany Chiefed Poland.
        England broke their NAP with Germany because Poland was their ally.
        England and its allies defend from German attacks, but suffer heavy losses as Germany has level 10 rams.
        France got Chiefed.
        Japan decided to scout America.
        America got pissed off, and sent a couple waves with 10k Imperians at them, with 1k catapults for sh!ts & giggles.
        America cut Japan to 90 pop.
        Germany sends a Chieftain Train at the USSR, gets loyalty down to 1.
        USSR builds up troops with their lvl 20 resources and lvl 20 barracks before the Chieftains can hit again. Walls go back up to level 20. German Chiefs were all destroyed.
        Germany just keeps sending troops although it's clear they cannot take USSR.
        Eventually troops run out since USSR can produce them faster.
        USSR, Britain and the USA simultaneously hit Germany with their own Chieftains, and Chiefs.
        Hitler deleted his account...
        USSR, change their name to Russia...

Comment

That Podcast was very interesting got a little bit heated there lol but was all good you guys make me laugh when ever i listen to these lol

Cant wait for the next Podcast that one should be good

Keep up the good work i love it

Comment

David how cool are you adding that music Once again I must say it is an honor and a privilege to be part of the Podcasts! What a fun and fantastically in depth discussion. For those that think there is too much agreeing going on in previous podcasts should definitely tune in

Also the news bits have added even more to my excitement for SGU

Thanks again for having me on.....and don't forget...GateLove with Tame coming soon to a town near you
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

^Figured we'd do something different instead of the Stargate music. Joel is awesome, but 50 podcasts can get a bet repetitive. We might start branching out more as the topic permits.

I loved every second of this episode. Thanks for joining us, Tamera!

Comment

Hey guys...loved the last podcast about shipping...even as a shipper myself...you guys brought up a few points that I actually never really thought about before...especially the fact that I TOTALLY agree with you on, especially after hearing all the opinions on the new Harry Potter movie...that you can never keep fans happy...eww

Anyway...SG-1 Season 7 I really think is my favorite season of the series simply because of how many fantastic episodes there are in this single season. Most of all my all time favorite are part of these 22 episodes. Grace, Heroes, Evolution, Lost City...there is also the return of Daniel which is of course epic. But there are also some really fun episodes in the mix as well...one of those for me is Space Race. I loved the episode...in the light of the major storyline of this season, the search for the lost city and a power to help them defeat Anubis...I don't know, it was a break in the story that I was looking for, and to just have alot of great scenes and humor.

I think it could be safe to say that this season is one of the most epic when you look at the vastness of some of these episodes, like Evolution, Lost City, and Heroes. The A Story of this season was the climax of many seasons, not just one...

But...if I had to choose one episode to call my favorite...I still couldn't, because it would be tied between both Heroes and Lost City.

And I really think it's because of the character moments that are all over these episodes. We of course have the death of a very loved character that I thought was honored very well with the storyline of Heroes...and I also just love the concept of "what if?" that the episode is asking. It's funny because whenever I watch this episode again, I always wonder what it would be like if they had to do the same thing with Atlantis....

And of course Lost City. Jack once again gets all the Ancient knowledge...like in the Fifth Man, which is another one of my favorite epis of all time. This two parter I think is my favorite of all the 2 parters in SG-1. It's so huge, epic...and yet...it is still personal with the danger of losing Jack, and how the team is reacting to that possibility. There are so many great character moments between Jack and the other 3.

And...even though we didn't know it at the time...it was the beginning of what would become a whole new story with new characters and new possbilities...

And of course...we cannot forget the introduction of what would become another main character, Elizabeth Wier. Who is a character we have yet to see in the series because she is a leader, a woman...and not military. My reaction to this was whoops, screams plenty of grinning. I loved her from the moment she was protecting her cab in the street.

Anyway...I could go on forever why I love Lost City...plus...the battle is bloody amazing effects and action...and Anubis finally dies. It's always a great feeling to see your heroes beat the bad guy...FINALLY

But my all time favorite moment in Season 7...in Grace...when Sam finally sees Jack. "I was wondering when you were gonna show up."
                Last edited by KezatheAscended; 16 July 2009, 12:05 AM.
                Far from home
                A man searches for hope.
                Far from home, he finds it.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                  David how cool are you adding that music Once again I must say it is an honor and a privilege to be part of the Podcasts! What a fun and fantastically in depth discussion. For those that think there is too much agreeing going on in previous podcasts should definitely tune in

Also the news bits have added even more to my excitement for SGU

Thanks again for having me on.....and don't forget...GateLove with Tame coming soon to a town near you
                  Great to see you back on the Podcasts

You made some really good points and i for one was a Sam Jack love fan lol

Great show all 3 of you

And GateLove with Tame lol that bit was one of the funniest all be sure to call in

Comment

I really like the podcast. It was very interesting! I really like Stargate because the relationships are so much in the background and off-screen or simply not there. Of course, a bit of shipping is fun, but I really appreciate the not shipping driven stories.

I am a relatively newbie on Stargate, so I can't say anthing for this week's question (I have the DVDs at home but I haven't got so much time to watch s7, yet - still stuck in s5).
                    This heart was like a tardis
                    I went and lost the key in a fight

Facebook | Twitter | Livejournal | Last.fm

Comment

I haven't been on my computer for more than 3-4 minutes in a while, but recently I have found the time to catch up on the podcasts, except episode 51, which I am not really fond of the topic anyways.

Listener Question: Season 7 is my favorite season of SG-1, and that makes it impossible to choose a single favorite episode. It features some of my favorite episodes from any season, "Heroes" and "Lost City" obviously will be among any fans top picks. But it's also the episodes that throwback to SG-1 history, "Fallout" "Chimera" "Enemy Mine", and I feel like I am forgetting someone...oh ya, Daniel Jackson returns!! "Evolution" also introduces us to a new formidable enemy and in my opinion the coolest piece of Ancient technology, Telchak's Healing Cube. While there are tons of high points the worst episode has to be Avenger 2.0. I almost turned it off halfway through the first time I watched it.
                      Last edited by quade_1; 16 July 2009, 12:58 PM.

Comment

This Week's Listener Question: What is your favorite episode from Stargate SG-1 Season Seven, and why do you think it’s the best?

As much as I love Season 7 because of great episodes like Lost City, I have to say the 2 problems I have with the season is the quick dismisal of Jonas and the under play of Daniel not having his memory. It seemed like it could have been a perfect thread for a few episodes but never used after the season premier.

Thanks as always
                        Mac Jackson
                        Singer/Songwriter of
                        "Harmony Constant"
                        [email protected]
                        myspace.com/harmonyconstant
                        youtube.com/MacWJack
                        Our Music is at iTunes and Amazon:
                        http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...tant&x=19&y=22

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                          I'm probably in the minority but IMO season 7 is the weakest of the first 8. Yes, it has amazing Lost City and very good Heroes, Fallen/Homecoming, Grace and Death Knell and a few other decent ones but overall majority of the episodes were "meh" or even worse.

My main problems are: lack of the team, strange Jack's absences which go unexplained and a very poorly and classlessly handled exit of Jonas. I know Daniel fans - among them you - rejoice and good for you but there are also fans who weren't extatic about it, myself included. In retrospective I liked Jonas much, much better than Daniel from seasons 7-10 so season 7 would be pretty low on my list because of that; even if it didn't have lots of other problems.

One of those other problems is season 7 abandoned mythology in favour of sci-fi cliches, usually poorly handled, like Space Race, weird humour (Avenger 2.0), boring (unless you happened to be a fan of this particular character) one-man shows like Enemy Mine etc. Oh, and the worst The X-files rip-off ever: Resurrection.

My favourite episode? Here I'm not original: Lost City. I'd say these 2 last episodes are worth enduring this season's many missteps. Lost City has everything: the team, great mix of drama/humour/action/character development. Every character has something to do and gets a chance to shine. It's one (well, two actually ) of the SG-1's finest episodes.

I also like Grace very much, because it's an interesting foray into Carter's psyche in an extreme situation. Grace also continues the trend of experimenting with various forms of storytelling and trying something new instead of repeating the same formula every week. And finally it's worth seeing just for stellar performance of Amanda Tapping.
                          There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                          sigpic
                          awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Hmmm.

General comments on S7

In some ways I think S7 was the beginning of the end rather than S6. S7 even more so than S6 IMO has that 'it's our last season; we're not anticipating another, let's get this all tied up' feel about it. Lost City is just such an outstanding climax to the Anubis storyline that it was always going to be hard to provide anything afterwards that matched it in terms of spectacle.

S7 is also incredibly patchy in terms of story-telling with brilliant episodes such as Grace and Death Knell keeping company with the more average episodes of Revisions, Resurrection, Fallout, Avenger 2.0...

The need to work around RDA's absences was much more apparent in S7 and given RDA's absences, I always thought it was a shame some way couldn't have been found to have accommodated Jonas remaining if not on SG1, then within the SGC as a recurring character. As nice as it was to have Daniel back (and yes, I was happy to have him back), it was a huge shame the price of that was losing Jonas.

Favourite episode

I'm going to go with Heroes because it's just an outstanding piece even with its flaws.

I love Heroes as a concept - the external viewpoint of the reporter and his camera team looking into the work of the SGC; the hostility of the team to being examined and put under the microscope. Excellent guest star in Saul Rubinek who made the character work. I also love the peek we get into a different SG team via Colonel Dixon and his team (again, great guest star with Adam Baldwin). Pt 2 never quite works as well for me with too much time given over to the tease of who died but the stark impact of Janet's death, the nature of her death, is emotional for both the characters and the audience. The discussion between Daniel and the reporter over the value of the videotape and the truth it captured of who Janet was, is truly heart-wrenching.

I also want to give a shout-out to Orpheus - a rather undervalued episode which dealt with both the life-changes that had happened to Teal'c and Daniel. While Daniel finding peace with his Ascension and return is nicely played, for me the examination of Teal'c's self-doubt about his strength as a warrior given tretonin and the loss of his symbiote is the true gem of the story, and wonderfully played by Chris Judge. When Teal'c, Bra'tac and Rak'nor all turn as one in the battle just a stunning moment of direction and action.
                            Last edited by Rachel500; 17 July 2009, 01:20 AM.
                            sigpic
                            Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                            My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

It's a hard question. Season 7 is a mix of really good and really bad episodes. I'm looking at the episodes list and finding a lot of my all time favorite's episodes, all though it's not SG-1 best season FMHO.

My favorite must be Lost City 1&2 (followed closely with Grace, Heroes and Life Boat). It seems to me that Lost City have it all- a mix of humor, emotions, action and an epic story. In the 6-8 seasons we don't see a lot of the team together, like it used to be, and this episode stands out for me. We see the team go on a mission together, and from the start there are great team moments. And off course, the great special affects in the fight scene- maybe the best of its kind in the whole franchise.

Six.
                              ~We do not stop playing because we grow old,
                              we grow old because we stop playing.~
                              ~ Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Hi Guys,

I loved this weeks podcast. Thanks for including my thoughts.

Answering this weeks listener question

My favourite ep of S7 has to be "Heroes", it was amazingly well written and acted by everyone involved! I think this is an ep that I both love and hate all at the same time, I loved the fact that we were seeing the SGC through different eyes (the camera crew) and how defensive/protective the SGC personnel were being it made me feel much the same way. I liked the interviews too, Sam's nervousness and Teal'c refusing to answer was very funny.

Then we saw Janet die...I was totally in shock! I hadn't found fandom yet so I had no idea it was coming, I kept saying to myself its scifi no one really dies, she'll be back, then I saw Sam walking down the hall crying and I just knew that Janet was really gone! By the time Teal'c gave Sam the words about Janet I was in tears. I still get emotional watching even now.

The best acting on the ep came from Don S Davis IMHO he was so moving in that scene where he's watching the documentary with Emmett Bregman.

My one complaint about the whole episode (apart from WTH did they kill Janet?) is, where was Cassie??? It was so wrong that she wasn't there!

But yeah, it was good and I'm guessing some of the tears the characters shed were real ones for how the actors felt as well.

(Sorry Darren and David I could make it any shorter )
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Working...
                                X