• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
    Keep the gate spinning,
    ED
    non spinning is way cooler then spinning
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Hey guys, the last podcast you answered my voice comment about the finale for Battlestar, saying that neither of you have seen it. So if you have time, could you do a follow-up and tell us what you thought of it now that you've seen it. Thanks
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
        Good podcast but I'm curious as to why you guys didn't answer my question. I wasn't trying to turn it into a bah Voyager/yay DS9 discussion, I just wanted to hear your thoughts on the two shows (and Enterprise too).

Ah well. Some other time, eh?
        We actually did talk about this one at some length. The total recording time for this episode was a record 2 hours, so we cut out a good amount to get it down to a listenable length. David and I are in agreement that anything over about 1 hour is just too long ... even if it's all gold.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Loved the Open Line podcast it was a nice change of pace and almost like getting a peek into the minds of D&D

of course I believe I should have my own podcast for the heck of it without either of you so it would be a completely rationale podcast but that is just me

Completely enjoyed the show and I look forward to more of that...and the arguments too
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
            We actually did talk about this one at some length. The total recording time for this episode was a record 2 hours, so we cut out a good amount to get it down to a listenable length. David and I are in agreement that anything over about 1 hour is just too long ... even if it's all gold.
            Oh yeah? Agh. I would love to hear that some day. 2 hours of you guys talking away about awesome Sci-Fi shows is okay by me.
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
              Oh yeah? Agh. I would love to hear that some day. 2 hours of you guys talking away about awesome Sci-Fi shows is okay by me.
              gw podcast 35.5 the lost episode

Comment

You know there is not a lot of Stargate Related Podcasts out there, I think the fifth race and gateworld are the only active podcasts around. I'd start one but I don't have Itunes adn I think you need Itunes to have a podcast. I had actually wanted to start one while watching each episode of stargate and atlantis and if I had I would of done universe as well.

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                Loved the Open Line podcast it was a nice change of pace and almost like getting a peek into the minds of D&D

of course I believe I should have my own podcast for the heck of it without either of you so it would be a completely rationale podcast but that is just me

Completely enjoyed the show and I look forward to more of that...and the arguments too

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate4Eva View Post
                  You know there is not a lot of Stargate Related Podcasts out there, I think the fifth race and gateworld are the only active podcasts around. I'd start one but I don't have Itunes adn I think you need Itunes to have a podcast. I had actually wanted to start one while watching each episode of stargate and atlantis and if I had I would of done universe as well.
                  LOL SG4eva well I actually didn't mean to have *my own* podcast as in my own personal away from GW podcast. I just meant that D&D should take the week off and let me run amok on one weeks podcast and talk about anything I wanted to .... Then it would be more rationale...because well first..I am a female and we are just more sane (yes that is a joke fellas ), second there has yet to be a podcast that addresses the complete and utter need and seriousness of THUNKING and why we must do it I mean have you looked at Ronon's arms??? or Jack's bare feet/fingers or.... Shepperd's smirks or Mitchell's eyes.... Daniel's pants...or lack there of

Then we have all the strong role models in our females ... Sam can do some pretty amazing stuff even the girls are pretty over the top intelligent...Remember the little girl who could out techy Sam?? Or Janet and how she could quell any man with just a look....and a needle

Somehow I just don't see D&D sitting down with a cuppa and doing Jack's feet justice But ask KatG and I will bet $$ she could make you understand it
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

LOL SG4eva well I actually didn't mean to have *my own* podcast as in my own personal away from GW podcast. I just meant that D&D should take the week off and let me run amok on one weeks podcast and talk about anything I wanted to .... Then it would be more rationale...because well first..I am a female and we are just more sane (yes that is a joke fellas ), second there has yet to be a podcast that addresses the complete and utter need and seriousness of THUNKING and why we must do it I mean have you looked at Ronon's arms??? or Jack's bare feet/fingers or.... Shepperd's smirks or Mitchell's eyes.... Daniel's pants...or lack there of

Then we have all the strong role models in our females ... Sam can do some pretty amazing stuff even the girls are pretty over the top intelligent...Remember the little girl who could out techy Sam?? Or Janet and how she could quell any man with just a look....and a needle

Somehow I just don't see D&D sitting down with a cuppa and doing Jack's feet justice But ask KatG and I will bet $$ she could make you understand it
                    *reads*

Can someone point me to the GW Mental Asylum?

This post has gender bias. I demand that such a podcast would mention some thunking of the females.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      *reads*

Can someone point me to the GW Mental Asylum?

This post has gender bias. I demand that such a podcast would mention some thunking of the females.
                      But...but...I don't Thunk females

so that would be a D&D podcast

and besides we call that being WOWed

Comment

But...but...I don't Thunk females
                        That is why GW needs to hear my voice
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by xenomorph1211 View Post
                          Hey guys, the last podcast you answered my voice comment about the finale for Battlestar, saying that neither of you have seen it. So if you have time, could you do a follow-up and tell us what you thought of it now that you've seen it. Thanks
                          Please don't! I haven't seen yet the back half of the last season of BSG and I try to stay completely spoiler-free, so please don't talk about anything that could take away/diminish the pleasure of watching it. I'm sure there are many other fans who agree with me..

And now, my favourite season 2 episode.

There are so many great episodes in this season that picking just one is really hard. I'm sure most people will go with "The Fifth Race", and while I love it as well, there are other episides I like even more.

First of all, our first time-travel episode: 1969. It was perfect, light, hippy and just pure fun. Who didn't laugh upon seeing Teal'c?

Then there is A Matter of Time, which not only focuses on Stargate and introduces Major Davies, but also manages to be a character piece, giving us some backstory for Jack.

Serpent's Song is the type of episode sorely missing in the latter seasons: there's not much action but a lot of character development. Every member of SG-1 and even Janet and General Hammond have their chance to show what they are made of when their worst enemy asks for their help. Wonderful episode.

I should mention also "In the serpen't lair" - one of the best second parters in SG-1 history and "In the line of duty" - introduction of the whole new arch, race and character development for Sam.

But my absolute favourite is "Secrets". It's the whole Stargate show compressed to one episode. We've got Earth politics and off-world travel in the same episode, character development for each member of SG-1 and even Hammond, introduction of the new and very important character - Jacob, expanding show's mythology and nice continuity (Air Medals for saving the world, Sha're storyline, return to Abydos, Apophis and Heru'ur - all in the same episode)

It doesn't matter which aspect of the show is your favourite, "Secrets" has it all.
                          There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                          sigpic
                          awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

We've recorded this week's podcast (which may be going up a little early, since I'm traveling all day tomorrow), and we do talk about the BSG finale. For spoiler protection the entire conversation is saved for AFTER the main podcast, after the wrap-up and music.
                            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                              We've recorded this week's podcast (which may be going up a little early, since I'm traveling all day tomorrow), and we do talk about the BSG finale. For spoiler protection the entire conversation is saved for AFTER the main podcast, after the wrap-up and music.
                              i am looking forward to it.

gw's resent BSG addict talking here

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                                i am looking forward to it.

gw's resent BSG addict talking here
                                Haha well, it might not be what you're looking for then. I get the feeling that Darren didn't like it too much.

Hmm. This could be interesting. Can't wait!
                                sigpic
                                "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                                DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Working...
                                X