Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys, have u seen that preview for SGU, what do u think? is it good, the new gate design we get a 4 frame preview of look sweet, but im interesting in other POV, universes preview good/bad?

for those who missed it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcQeNKVkHKM

Comment

Another Question: It often seemed like Stargate (Both shows) was about Humanity itself taking steps to fight in the Milky Way & The Pegasus, leading to almost Propagandistic feelings of "Earth is Awesome". But above all else, seeming like our characters were just the spearheads to Earth, taking leaps into their eventual fate as alactic players.
      Do you think The Stargate Mythology will be stunted without a series giving us a growing sense of what Earth as a character is doing?

Comment

For open line night!!!! Is there a reason why there is no section on the website with links to the various online video players with episodes of stargate (either in parts or full)?

Also, what do you think about doing a flashback episode or movie showing us the evolution of the four great races from stargate? We don't really know about them beyond what we have heard in snippets? Do a ancient/nox/furling/asgard centric episode or movie.

Comment

Another question for open line night.

Do we get any indication in either series as to why there are so few even earth level advanced races in existence? They make mention of the fact that the Gould enslave their worlds and the Wraith eat them. And that Earth developed because the gate was burried and the Genni by being underground. But Galaxies are huge. It would make sense that there would be other planets like ours. There are very few that we actually see that are of a comparable tech level. Maybe other comparable tech level races have been exploring and upset the Gould just as we did.

Comment

Hi guys!

Wow, still catching up on the podcasts! I know I am late for this week's discussion for open line night...but I had to ask... I popped over to Mr Mallozzi's Blog a couple of days back and asked, with Atlantis now sitting off SF bay, which gate has dominance? Mr M. kindly responded and said that the Pegasus Gate is dominant!! Mmmmm....what think you guys?

Anyway that was my open line question!!

Many thanks guys and please keep up the good work... I only wish I could get to Vancouver and catch up with you guys this year...

Shirt'n'Tie
            "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
            Sara O' Neill's father;
            COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Episode #35 is now available!

This week is the second installment of the GateWorld Podcast’s open line night! It’s where you pick the topics we talk about and share what’s on your mind. Up in this week’s installment: time-shifting vs. live viewing, Battlestar Galactica and LOST (beware of spoilers for LOST Seasons Two and Three), the Stargate Universe characters and character deaths, GateWorld criticisms, Stargate Worlds … and much, much more!

Also this week:

Stargate News! The latest headlines from the Stargate universe

Preview! We'll play you the new 30-second teaser for Stargate Universe

Listener Mail! This week you set the topic for the main discussion

This Week's Listener Question: What is your favorite episode from Season Two of Stargate SG-1, and why do you like it so much?

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Give us your thoughts on this week's listener question, leave feedback on the podcast itself, or talk about anything Stargate-related you want.

Dial: 616-712-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks for listening and contributing!
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

In regards to the listener question...

"The Fifth Race", "The Fifth Race", "The Fifth Race", "The Fifth Race", "The Fifth Race", "The Fifth Race"!!! I love every second of the episode, from the Ancient Repository to the visit to Othalla. The episode balances humor, mythology, and character interaction in a tight package that I consider to be the absolute best of the series.
                sigpic
                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Hey all

Still catching up....Re: SciFi vs SyFy..... Darren, I laughed out loud when you mentioned the endless meetings for some NY Marketing firm....I made the EXACT same point on Mr M's blog when the name change news broke...Great minds think alike eh? I was tempted to mention something about "Emperor" + "New Clothes" ..but decided against...Anyway...back to listening for me...Am reviewing Season 2 and will contribute this week...Thanks again guys (and to all here) for the lively and informative discussions!!

Shirt'n'Tie
                  "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                  Sara O' Neill's father;
                  COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

you should make the audio version of "‘Frantic’ available for download like you do interviews.

unless legal issues would be involved of course.

loved the podcast
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Listener Question: They say you never forget your first....oh back to Stargate. My favorite Season 2 episode was "Message In A Bottle", it was the first SG-1 episode I saw and will always be one of my favorites. After a couple more episodes, I was hooked for life.

I can't wait to hear the "crazy fan" podcast. Although I love Stargate it is really my only "geeky" pleasure. I was afraid if I went to the Stargate Con I would be surrounded by costume wearing, WoW playing, Ancient speaking fans. Everytime I thought of the Con I pictured a Trekkie convention, hopefully the GateWorld dinner will help shed a little light on it for me

Comment

Good podcast but I'm curious as to why you guys didn't answer my question. I wasn't trying to turn it into a bah Voyager/yay DS9 discussion, I just wanted to hear your thoughts on the two shows (and Enterprise too).

Ah well. Some other time, eh?
                        sigpic
                        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Listener Question: Since it is impossible to pick one favorite out of any of the first 8 seasons, I will say that the second half of the season is much stronger and exciting then the first. Whether it is the great time travel episodes such as 1969 and Out of Mind, the Mytholigy expanding episodes such as Touchstone(N.I.D.) and The Fifth Race or the touching, edge of your seat episodes like Show and Tell and Serpent's Song the writers turned a corner and became more adventurish in their stories. They even remembered to give us an episode focused on the Stargate itself with A Matter of Time and a fun body swap dose with Holiday. This was the season were the show really started to spead it's wings.

Check out my blog about the MacGyver movie when you find the time.
                          at youtube.com/MacWJack

Thanks as always guys
                          Mac Jackson
                          Singer/Songwriter of
                          "Harmony Constant"
                          [email protected]
                          myspace.com/harmonyconstant
                          youtube.com/MacWJack
                          Our Music is at iTunes and Amazon:
                          http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...tant&x=19&y=22

Comment

chevron 8 locked???

gotta love the Fifth race
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

FAv ep from series 2... well thats not so easy, i guess everyone will say the fifth race, but id personally say "a matter of time" why? well its the first time we see that the stargates true weakness, up until now its been stuck with the 38 minute window, but with time dilation it blows out to weeks...
                              close second of "1969" setting up the classic line in 200, "whos your daddy" lmao.
                              To me series two is one of the strongest of the pre-sci-fi series

k ttyl

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                                chevron 8 locked???

gotta love the Fifth race
                                Yup, that was an amazing moment for me, and the first one that comes to mind when I think of the high points of Season 2.

Feedback on the open line night and the discussion over SGU characters you're looking forward to: I'd like to put in my .002 cents (or is it dollars?) and say that I too am particularly anticipating Chloe (due to being a type of character who hasn't been done before) and Doctor Rush (cos he sounds enigmatically awesome... or is it awesomely enigmatic?).

Keep the gate spinning,
                                ED
                                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                                X