This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren View Post
    I'm very sorry about this delay, everyone. I don't want to point fingers, but I've been just as frustrated (probably moreso) than everyone else waiting for this show to be finished and ready to publish.

To complicate matters, David has been wrapping up his work with Propworx and relocating back to Phoenix, and is now doing intense training for his new employer. But he's excited to have more time for GW than he has for the last year or so.

It's not due to a loss of enthusiasm for Stargate on our part, however. We have some fun things in the works heading into the Stargate Rewatch.
    We understand. Riiiiiiiiight, people?

Comment

Originally posted by syfygyrl View Post
      We understand. Riiiiiiiiight, people?
      Right!
      sigpic

Comment

If you're desperate for new Stargate podcasts, The Fifth Race is back from its podfade/editing problems (I think the episode released this week was recorded in December or something like that), so there's that. The Gatecast is a pretty good Stargate related podcast too.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
          I'm very sorry about this delay, everyone. I don't want to point fingers, but I've been just as frustrated (probably moreso) than everyone else waiting for this show to be finished and ready to publish.
          May I ask what problems you are having? Is there anything I can do to help?

Comment

I'm sure the podcast will be out 'next monday' - right?...
            Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
            Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Take it from someone who is transitioning to a new area... It takes a lot of time.

Darren... Could you give us an update?

Comment

David tells me he's about halfway through the edit. He hasn't done it for some time so he's a little rusty, plus he's working crazy hours for his job training.

I do hope it's done over the weekend and up early next week, but obviously I'm not able to make any promises. It'll be ready when it's ready. Hopefully we'll settle back into a routine soon.
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Thanks for the update Darren - its frustrating waiting - but thats only a sign of how good the podcast is!
                  Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                  Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Here are some things that bothered me in the podcasts

One of the presenters asked what happened to the cars in an episode where they travel to a world where there are a few drones and a big mothership comes at the end.

The answer is the drones shot them. IF people were driving away from the Gate and the drones were following them, then obviously the drones shot up all cars because it is technology.

You only need 100 individuals to create a viable population not a few thousand. And even with some inbreeding things will eventually fix itself out.

BUT that said there is no way the team would have survived, there is no way they would have known how to build houses, shelter, plant crops etc etc and at the same time been able to gather enough food.

The knowledge passed on would be very limited unless there were some very detailed books which there weren't, possibly only a few math and physics books by boy wonder. AND there is no way the team had the collective knowledge of all of mankind, most likely only very small bits, and most of that would have been lost. So NO the planet could not have handled a few dark ages just one would have messed everything up and the religious hallelujahs would have taken over. And instead of producing and working people would have spent all day in religious temples wasting time and praying to a “higher power”

And the ship seen leaving in the Novus montage doesn’t have to be a settler ship it could simply be the first space ship they built.

But of course this is a tv show so plot holes are always there, and the last 10 episodes of the series were far superior to anything else they were fantastic

Season 1 just had way to much menstruation and not enough entertainment.

This is how you make a tv show

You need 75-80% entertainment, and the other 20-25% you can sprinkle with story/emotions/menstruation what ever but 75-80% needs to be either action, quality drama or comedy, when you try and monkey around with this formula you get basically season one - 99% menstruation and 1% entertainment.

Also on a side note it always seems that the Stargate people need a gun to their head to produce something good, last season of Atlantis was by far the best and so was season 8 of SG-1 which was where the producer thought it would stop, but then it got carried for another 2 seasons and people thought the final one would be 11 not 10

Comment

Probably wrong place for this, but -

Originally posted by I-Like-Pie View Post
                      This is how you make a tv show

You need 75-80% entertainment, and the other 20-25% you can sprinkle with story/emotions/menstruation what ever but 75-80% needs to be either action, quality drama or comedy, when you try and monkey around with this formula you get basically season one - 99% menstruation and 1% entertainment.
                      Ooh, how I do love percentages. So you're saying that story and emotions aren't entertainment? Not sure what exactly you mean by 'menstruation' here, but in my opinion season 1 had quality drama, which was very entertaining for me. Expressing your opinion is one thing, throwing around random numbers and words is another matter.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by I-Like-Pie View Post
                        Also on a side note it always seems that the Stargate people need a gun to their head to produce something good, last season of Atlantis was by far the best and so was season 8 of SG-1 which was where the producer thought it would stop, but then it got carried for another 2 seasons and people thought the final one would be 11 not 10
                        I think you'd struggle to find many people that would agree with you that the last season of SGA was the best, and personally I'd say season 8 of SG-1 was the show's weakest by far.

Comment

Any news on the podcast?

Comment

Things are developing behind the scenes, but I still don't have it in my inbox. Hopefully we are close ...
                            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Hi Guys!!

I leave you all alone for a wee while and all hell beomes untethered!

Lovin' the idea of the ReWatch....am looking forward to the episode commentary!

Best from the Emerald Isle

S'n'T
                              "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                              Sara O' Neill's father;
                              COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

What happened to the podcast for Gauntlet?

Comment

Working...
                                X