X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    ric flair would be proud

-clears throat- WOOOOOOOOOO!
    "Lose it. It means go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in possession of one's faculties.
    Three fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!."

Comment

Leaving it a bit late :O

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
        Leaving it a bit late :O
        let's skin'em
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

The Seizure podcast is up, there's a news story on the main page. Just no post here. Kind of surprised there's been no The Hunt one released yet though.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Now Available:
            'Seizure' (SGU Episode #215)

This is one we have been waiting for! "Seizure" saw not just guest appearances from two Stargate Atlantis cast members, plus the amazing Lou Diamond Phillips and Victor Garber, but also some advancements in SGU's overall storyline. Earth and the Lucian Alliance have managed to blow up two naquadria-rich planets in order to dial the 9-chevron address to Destiny ... so what happens when both sides want to use Langara (Jonas Quinn's homeworld) to try it again?

This week on the podcast Diana Botsford is back to talk about "Seizure" with David. We'll talk about Rodney McKay's character and his interactions with Destiny's crew, Colonel Telford and his shifting priorities, and the beautiful visuals and colors of the episode. We'll also discuss the heroes acting in an underhanded way, Rush being trapped in a simulation with Amanda Perry, and whether "Seizure" should really be called an Atlantis "crossover."

Call the Podcast Hotline! We're editing our show on "The Hunt," so here's your chance to call in and share your reactions to Monday’s new episode "Common Descent" (now at 9/8c on Syfy). Call in by the end of the day on Friday to be a part of that show.

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/0...dcast-seizure/
            Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2011-04-11.mp3
            Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

CALL US! Dial up the hotline by Friday night and leave us a voicemail (any time, day or night). Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

Dial: (951) 262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

... or e-mail a brief recording to webmaster (at) gateworld (dot) net.

Thanks to everyone for listening and participating in the show!
            Last edited by Darren; 18 April 2011, 05:23 AM.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Special brief, bonus podcast with me and David talking about today's cancellation-cancellation news coming on Monday.

David and Diana on "The Hunt" coming some time between then and next Monday!

Comment

A little disappointed not to hear the two GateWorld Gurus talk about the 'crossover' episode, but Diana is a fantastic sub and/or guest on pretty much every occasion so that mostly made up for it

Quite looking forward to the next, sure-to-be-depressing podcast. At least, as much as one can look forward to a discussion on the worst possible news the franchise could have gotten.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Quite looking forward to the next, sure-to-be-depressing podcast. At least, as much as one can look forward to a discussion on the worst possible news the franchise could have gotten.
                  Although I skipped that SGU cancellation podcast back in December (felt already way too depressed), I'll try to listen to this one.
                  sigpic

Comment

Now Available:
                    BONUS PODCAST: Stargate's End?

Yesterday news broke that Stargate Universe will not be continuing on in movie form, and that the SG-1 and Atlantis movies have been permanently mothballed, as well. GateWorld's Darren and David called an emergency session of the GateWorld Podcast to talk about (and commiserate over) the news. Has MGM lost faith in the Stargate franchise, or has the studio decided to let it lay fallow and rejuvenate it in a few years? How long will it take to come back? And what is GateWorld going to do now?

We want to hear from you. It's a sad time for Stargate fans, and we want the GateWorld Podcast to be a place where you can share your disappointment and frustrations, but also your fond memories of the past 14 years of Stargate. And what do you think the future may yet hold? Call the Podcast Hotline and leave us a brief message, and we'll continue to air your thoughts in the weeks to come.

We also have four episodes of Stargate Universe still to enjoy! So watch those new episodes Monday nights on Syfy, and leave us a voicemail with your thoughts on Stargate's final hours.

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/0...stargates-end/
                    Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2011-04-18.mp3
                    Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

CALL US! Dial up the hotline by Friday night and leave us a voicemail (any time, day or night). Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

Dial: (951) 262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

... or e-mail a brief recording to webmaster (at) gateworld (dot) net.

Thanks to everyone for listening and participating in the show!

Comment

First seconds in and already weeping.
                      sigpic

Comment

Heh, I'm all ready to point out that for GW this is like you guys setting a new land speed record in fastest podcast turnaround time....and then I add it to iTunes and see that it's only 22m long

Bit of a downer, but that's pretty much to be expected. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing what podcast themes you guys come up with once SGU finishes.

Comment

Hi All

Have been absent off the boards, avoiding spoilers. Twin Destinies just aired...hence my absence.
                          RE: End of the Franchise. I concur with Darren. I think Darren said this when SGU's cancellation was announced. SG needs a hiatus. I will miss it dearly. I would love to see how SGU ended up....AND the Atlantis Movie AND the SG1 movie....I have a feeling though that....perhaps in a year or so time, cooler heads will prevail in MGM and we may get the magical triumverate of SG1 SGA and SGU in a kick ass movie tying up all the threads....we can but dream

For now, I just wanted to say thank you to all involved.

S'n'T
                          "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                          Sara O' Neill's father;
                          COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Russell actually had this one edited and delivered the same day we recorded it! It was all queued up and ready to launch this morning. Land speed record, indeed.

Comment

Aside from the frequent thanks he gets in the podcasts, I actually have no idea who Russell is. You guys should get him on the show sometime

Comment

I have been busy elsewhere and not been following SGU, but had to watch Seizure and listen to the pod. Brilliantly insightful and entertaining as always. Also I thought Diana was spot on re SG1 versus SGU in the characters using techno talk debate. I also liked that a lot of things I found niggling (which I have been wresting with in my own review of the episode) were highlighted too. Even if I don't watch certain eps, I will be keeping up with the pods, and catching up with some of the earlier ones.
                                Last edited by Thunderbird 2; 19 April 2011, 01:23 PM.
                                Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                                Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X