Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so will visitation be up before next monday or are the podcast now a week off? not that its a big deal, but i love listening to ya'll. i just recently found the gwpodcast and this website. its the bomb.com. lol. just cant wait to hear you theorys and insights into the stargate universe

Comment

Very enthusiastic podcast by David and Diana . Shame though that Diana didn't comment on the mission (big enough? important enough?), saving that for one of the hiatus podcasts, are you?

Also, having watched Resurgence:

Spoiler:
      So much for Young sitting in the central chair being a big deal .

Comment

Kelara:
        Spoiler:

Yeah - how about Young in the chair? Kinda cool how Rush sits there for science stuff and Young sits there for military. Interesting collaboration between the two, huh?

We'll talk about the big mission in a few weeks, yep. I don't know if you're into the science end, but I spent a lot of time over Thanksgiving at the NYC Rose Space Center. They have several terrific exhibits on the Big Bang. Firstly, there's this wrap-around walkway where you "walk forward" in time and learn about current theories on the event, distances, how entropy fits in, etc:
        http://www.amnh.org/rose/cosmic-moreinfo.html

There's also a 10 minute show narrated by Liam Neeson that further gets into theories behind the bang and what it means for the future of the universe:
        http://www.amnh.org/rose/hayden-bigbang.html
        (There's a link to the script on that page -- it's a short piece and well worth the read)

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Botsford View Post
          Kelara:
          Spoiler:

Yeah - how about Young in the chair? Kinda cool how Rush sits there for science stuff and Young sits there for military. Interesting collaboration between the two, huh?
          "Interesting" is a good way to phrase it .

Spoiler:
          It certainly makes sense to handle it that way, also with Eli there in non- emergency situations.
          Although I have to admit, since I have been thoroughly in the "Young is just a jerk" camp all through season one (opposed to you and David ), I'm scratching my head at this "new, gentle" version of Young. He didn't even yell at anyone during the battle scenes .

Also, thanks for the links!

Comment

no podcast yet? very sad!
            Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
            Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by mparsons1981 View Post
              no podcast yet? very sad!
              you have nothing else to occupy your time in your life?
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                you have nothing else to occupy your time in your life?
                thats right, all i do 24 hours a day is hit refresh every 10 secs on the podcast page
                Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by mparsons1981 View Post
                  thats right, all i do 24 hours a day is hit refresh every 10 secs on the podcast page
                  Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by syfygyrl View Post
                    Seriously?
                    No he's not serious. Since PA's post wasn't very friendly, mparsons1981 is being sarcastic.
                    sigpic

Comment

While we're waiting for Darren to be able to upload the next podcast,let's keep the comments and feedback centred on the Podcasts,not each other,thanks !
                      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Now Available:
                        'Visitation' (SGU #209)

This week on the GateWorld Podcast Darren and David are talking about "Visitation," the penultimate episode of Stargate Universe's fall season. Some old friends are back thanks to the miraculous intervention of some very powerful beings ... but what secret do they carry? We'll talk about the return of Caine and the others and what really happened to them on "Eden," the metaphysics of putting a human person back together, and Chloe's decision to start saying goodbye to her friends.

For Hogwarts fans we'll also wrap up the show with a little discussion of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1! (Beware of some spoilers.) And there is a big helping of listener mail this week, as Stargate fans weigh in on Destiny's mission and the series so far.

Join the discusssion! There are only two more installments of the podcast for 2010 — and it's not too late to share your opinion of SGU's mid-season finale, "Resurgence!" Call the GateWorld Podcast Hotline this week to be a part of that show.

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/1...us-visitation/
                        Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2010-12-06.mp3
                        Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

Listener Question: What did you think of the mid-season finale of Stargate Universe, "Resurgence?"

Leave a voicemail on the hotline or e-mail us a brief voice recording!

CALL US! Dial up the hotline by this Saturday and leave us a voicemail (any time, day or night). Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

Dial: (951) 262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

... or e-mail a brief recording to webmaster (at) gateworld (dot) net.

Thanks to everyone for listening and participating in the show!
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Hey guys, I'm going to answer your Harry Potter Question that was at the end of the 'Visitation' podcast.

Spoiler:
                          Yes it was explained in the book by Dumbledore to Harry that the phoenix feathers in his and Voldemort's wand both came from Fawkes. Its on page 697 of Goblet of Fire.
                          Last edited by Darren; 08 December 2010, 10:49 PM.
                          "Lose it. It means go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in possession of one's faculties.
                          Three fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!."

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                            [B][SIZE="3"]Now Available:!
                            as usual i disagree with about half of what you and dave say but i do agree with you on the things you said about chain
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Thanks for the new podcast! Great work as ever.
                              And thanks for the bonus talk about HP 7.1
                              sigpic

Comment

Podcast or we'll torture you! ... I know... I know... no threats of violence but this is deserved! I can't go to sleep without listening to you guys talk about stargate and it's a few days overdue from the week of delays!

Darren or David might be reading this saying "What are you going to do? Painstick?" No... worse.. due to your podcasting we know which episode of every season of stargate you dislike the most! We'll tie you up and make you watch every episode you disliked and instead of commercials we'll play clips of the view!

Don't make us do it! Talk or else!

Tim

Comment

Working...
                                X