Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the podcasts. Just wish we had them a little sooner than Mondays. By the time it rolls around I'm excited for the episode the next day not the one from a week ago. I guess it's nice to have a rehash of the last episode to freshen people's memories just before the new one.

Comment

I agree on the podcast's timing, for sure. It is far from ideal. There's just no way we can record before the weekend, with David working full-time and me 8 hours ahead of him. If he could rush home by 5 pm, it's already 1 am for me. If I get up early, he's packing it in for the night. We crunched all the possible permutations (including trying to fit it into his lunch break!) and couldn't make it work before the weekend.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Does the Stargate vs. BSG podcast have major BSG spoilers? I still haven't seen past Season 1 of BSG so i just want to make sure I'm not spoiled before I have.
        "Right now, you do not strike me as someone who could intimidate a 10-year-old out of his lunch money, much less run an interstellar empire."

Comment

hmmm we seem to have a lack of Podcast today...
          sigpic

Comment

Now Available:
            'Aftermath' (SGU #202)

Stargate Universe continues its second season with a gut-wrenching episode that is sure to break a few hearts, as we say goodbye to one of the show's supporting cast members. In this week's podcast GateWorld's Darren and David talk about how that astonishing scene impacted them. We'll also discuss Rush's huge discovery on the ship, his hallucinations (or are they?!), the implications of gaining control over Destiny, plus that pesky problem of what to do with the Lucian Alliance survivors.

And we'll hear what podcast listeners thought about "Aftermath," too! Call into the podcast hotline this week to share your thoughts on the newest episode of SGU.

Before we launch into the main discussion, David will also give us his report from Seattle on the recent Propworx auction — which included the sale of one of SG-1's two Stargates. Find out more about upcoming auctions at StargateArtifacts.com.

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/1...gus-aftermath/
            Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2010-10-11.mp3
            Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

Listener Question: What did you think of this week's new episode of Stargate Universe, "Awakening?"

Leave a voicemail on the hotline or e-mail us a brief voice recording!

CALL US! Dial up the hotline by this Saturday and leave us a voicemail (any time, day or night). Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

Dial: (951) 262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

... or e-mail a brief recording to webmaster (at) gateworld (dot) net.

Thanks to everyone for listening and participating in the show!

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Mitchell View Post
              Does the Stargate vs. BSG podcast have major BSG spoilers? I still haven't seen past Season 1 of BSG so i just want to make sure I'm not spoiled before I have.
              I'm pretty sure we recorded that after the BSG finale, so yes -- major, major spoilage!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                I'm pretty sure we recorded that after the BSG finale, so yes -- major, major spoilage!
                Thank you, It makes me want to start picking away at BSG again and hopefully find the sets for cheap.
                "Right now, you do not strike me as someone who could intimidate a 10-year-old out of his lunch money, much less run an interstellar empire."

Comment

Hoorah, up to podcast 44. I'll catch up this season if it kills me
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Oh man, I just started episode 50 and I howled that it kicked off with "It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To"....and I live alone, so I can only imagine what my neighbours must think
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Nothing to say about Awakening?

Comment

I am waiting for next week's podcast.Likes to see your opinion on Pathogen, but, will still listen this weeks . Doing a great job.

Comment

Sorry about this week's delay, folks! Our editor suffered a perfect storm of terrible circumstances that delayed the show.

Should be up by day's end.

Comment

Thanks for the update. I'm newbie to the forum but a long time podcast junkie.

Comment

Now Available:
                              'Awakening' (SGU #203)

Darren and David are back this week for another brand new episode of Stargate Universe! "Awakening" aired last week, and it's our main discussion topic. We'll talk about the crew's discovery of an Ancient seed ship, our theories about the aliens on board, and the loss of a major character. We'll also discuss Young's relationship with Telford, where Rush is at, and more.

And at the top of the show we'll also talk more generally about setting our expectations for an episode, audience sophistication, and the pace of the first half of the new season.

Want to join our conversation about "Pathogen?" Call into the podcast hotline by Saturday and leave us a message!

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/1...gus-awakening/
                              Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2010-10-18.mp3
                              Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

Listener Question: What did you think of this week's new episode of Stargate Universe, "Pathogen?"

Leave a voicemail on the hotline or e-mail us a brief voice recording!

CALL US! Dial up the hotline by this Saturday and leave us a voicemail (any time, day or night). Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

Dial: (951) 262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

... or e-mail a brief recording to webmaster (at) gateworld (dot) net.

Thanks to everyone for listening and participating in the show!

Comment

Listened. And I gotta say I'm starting to get a little disappointed with you two seeming to join in the anti Rush brigade.
                                If anything, I think it's a little ridiculous that they haven't uncovered Rush's new favourite hiding place yet. I mean, the guy is very obviously not in a condition where he thinks all that clearly, spending those lengthy amounts of time in a "secret room" out of contact (incidentally: why out of contact? makes no sense that the bridge of all things would be communications proof ) with anyone. Plus we spent more time "missing" Rush this episode (in the scene with Young and the others at the bulkhead) than Rush spent looking at the gate factory. It's starting to grate that noone is just going and looking for him. Where's Greer with the latent suspicions? Or Young? I don't buy his sudden unconcern with Rush's whereabouts.
                                From a storytelling point of view, it will make the explosion that much bigger when the crew discover Rush "hid" the bridge, but still.

Comment

Working...
                                X