This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
    go to sidereel.com and search for SGU.. Sidereel will have links not just to Hulu and Amazon and iTunes, but sites like megavideo where you can watch it (and i know that megavideo has that stupid time limit thing, but there are other sites.. just a suggestion)
    I am fully aware of places on line that I can find unauthorized copies of the episodes. However, I like Stargate as a franchise too much that I would like to have my viewing counted either through actual TV numbers or through official countings that I am sure Hulu and Amazon/Itunes provide.
    This is the only way to continue the show. If it is hugely popular in viral version online it doesn't mean the people that shell out the money get any money so they won't continue the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramses818 View Post
      I am fully aware of places on line that I can find unauthorized copies of the episodes. However, I like Stargate as a franchise too much that I would like to have my viewing counted either through actual TV numbers or through official countings that I am sure Hulu and Amazon/Itunes provide.
      This is the only way to continue the show. If it is hugely popular in viral version online it doesn't mean the people that shell out the money get any money so they won't continue the show.
      I know how ratings work...that is why I watch SGU on the TV and rewatch online... you seemed impatient so I was giving you another option..well then you're only option it seems atm is to wait the week and watch it on hulu/syfy.com.. because I don't think SGU is popular enough to have Netflix stream after the epidose airs.. they probably will wait until season 2.0 is on DVD to stream it..
      sigpic

Comment

Will the "Intervention" podcast be up soon?
        sigpic

Comment

Just a few minutes away ...
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Now Available:
            'Intervention' (SGU 201)

Stargate Universe returns to television with the premiere of Season Two, "Intervention!" That's the topic of this week’s show, as GateWorld's Darren and David share their opinions about the episode and new developments on board the Destiny. We'll discuss the resolution of last spring’s many cliffhanger moments and the set-up for new story elements in Season Two -- plus the new Lucian Alliance characters, Rush's ploy to regain control of the ship, and plenty about T.J., Caine, and those super-powerful aliens.

Remember that Mondays are our new release day for the GateWorld Podcast. Be sure to tune in before Tuesday's new episode of SGU! And you can leave us a voicemail on the hotline any time up until Saturday to get your thoughts on the show.

Show Notes: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/1...-intervention/
            Direct Download: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/med...2010-10-04.mp3
            Feed: http://www.gateworld.net/podcast/itunes_podcast_rss.xml

Listener Question: What did you think of this week's new episode of Stargate Universe, "Aftermath?"

Leave a voicemail on the hotline or e-mail us a brief voice recording!

CALL US! Dial up the hotline by this Saturday and leave us a voicemail (any time, day or night). Give us your thoughts on this week's episode, speculate on what's going on or what's to come in the show, or talk about anything Stargate-related that is on your mind.

Dial: (951) 262-1647 (long distance rates apply)

... or e-mail a brief recording to webmaster (at) gateworld (dot) net.

Thanks to everyone for listening and participating in the show!

Comment

awesome Podcast as usual!! You guys touched topics that were big discussion points in the threads. It was great to hear your POV!
              was there no listener mail this week or just no room to include it?
              sigpic

Comment

Actually zero voicemails this week, which is the first time in recent memory. I'll chalk it up to our hiatus, and not the loss of love.

Seriously folks, CALL the HOTLINE!

Comment

so happy this is back
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                    Actually zero voicemails this week, which is the first time in recent memory. I'll chalk it up to our hiatus, and not the loss of love.

Seriously folks, CALL the HOTLINE!
                    I was going to, but the week seemed to get away from me and it was Sunday before I knew it oh well.. I will make sure I call in this week!
                    sigpic

Comment

Hi all...

A belated weigh in on the season premiere, as I was mulling over my reactions, and wanted to read/hear what others thought as I digested. One week later, I'm still a little disappointed:

1. The near-universal jeopardy of the cliffhanger was too quickly swept away (i.e., Scott just 'stepped over to the underside,' doctors stoned-in to treat the massacre victims, etc).

2. Beyond the ST: Voyager comparisons (competing crews forced to cooperate on a single ship) which many worried might be coming, the TJ B-story (and Chloe's out-of-left-field healing) screamed of BSG's mysterious god-presence interventions. Even if it's well-explained as the season continues, this first episode's setup was LITERALLY deus ex machina for TJ, her baby and our castaways; and being so BSG/Lost-derivative doesn't invite me to stick around to whether, nevermind how, they might differentiate SGU as the season goes on.

3. As I think Darren described, therefore, the overall episode was just weak resolution, strange issue, convenient resolution, predictable issue. And the planetary exile in particular--while well-shot--seemed like a time filler, rather than actually moving the plot along.

IMHO, 'Intervention' certainly didn't live up to its season finale setup, and sadly, didn't set up much original or engaging to carry us into season two.

Sadly, methinks I sense a declining, "Enterprise"-esque shadow looming over the show. I hate that seems the case, but I worry... Here's hoping "Aftermath" is more "Mulligan!"

Comment

Originally posted by Darren;11954459

[b
                        Listener Question:[/b] What did you think of this week's new episode of Stargate Universe, "Aftermath?"
                        I thought 'Aftermath' was excellent and better than 'Intervention'. I love Young's storyline so far. We have the baby loss, the drinking and having to mercy kill one of his officers. He's going dark places this season and I can't wait to see how far the writers will take it.
                        "Right now, you do not strike me as someone who could intimidate a 10-year-old out of his lunch money, much less run an interstellar empire."

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Mitchell View Post
                          I love Young's storyline so far. We have the baby loss, the drinking and having to mercy kill one of his officers. He's going dark places this season and I can't wait to see how far the writers will take it.
                          Oh boy. I have such an emotional disconnect from this character. I don't quite see how the guy is not having to be sedated permanently or is suiciding... he's practically a walking ghost to me when I watch. With all the wrong decisions, anger and trust issues from S1, compounded by the complete failure over the season cliffhanger plus all new on-board enemy (albeit sorted a bit), baby issue *and* now having to off Riley? Let's hope Telford steps up or Greer whips Scott in shape fast enough to take over.

Of course, the whatever it is they are meeting next episode could also just magically take all Young's troubles away .

Comment

I just hope Young manages to get a grip because it would be a shame to lose such a fine officer.

Comment

Darren, David; I just wanted to say cheers for doing your podcasts. For the longest time I didn't bother with them because podcasts generally aren't my thing, but after thoroughly enjoying the first few of Tame's podcasts I've gone back and started listening to the main Gateworld ones. And I have to say--love it. The two of you play wonderfully off of one another and I enjoy the insight you both share and share with us fans.

And in this aggravating time when I'm without internet access until my PC gets fixed (I'm in an internet cafe now), you guys have really been sustaining my necessary Stargate and Gateworld fix. I'm currently up to podcast #33, so I've still got plenty to keep me occupied until I return to the land of the (online) living
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                                And in this aggravating time when I'm without internet access until my PC gets fixed (I'm in an internet cafe now), you guys have really been sustaining my necessary Stargate and Gateworld fix. I'm currently up to podcast #33, so I've still got plenty to keep me occupied until I return to the land of the (online) living
                                I feel for you. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X