No announcement yet.

Shore Leave 31 July 10-12,2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am hoping to hear from the con registration staff soon. I marked my registration with email confirm but my mom didn't. I am so looking forward to the con. Hopefully Christmas shopping season brings more business into the restaurant and I will get more hours. I am paying down my credit card debit and starting to save for the con.

Comment

Here are some more add ons for my wish list

Sanctuary guests
      Robin Dunne (Dr. Will Zimmerman)
      Emilie Ullerup (Ashley Mangus)

Comment

My mom had a blond moment when she sent the check to Shore Leave. She forgot to sign it. They are going to call tonight to get her okay to send the check through and to sign it. All I got to say is that I will be checking the check next time before the envelope is sealed. But that means that my registration is already there. I am happy to hear that it has made it to the con and that means that I will have a low number. Last year, I was in the first hundred and I got to get a hot dinner before masquerade. The only down side to this years con is my friend Ellen [that I hung out with during several year of the con] has moved to Las Vegas and is not going to be there.
        Last edited by griffindorgirl; 06 November 2008, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Good news that the check will be processed! Too bad your friend won't be joining you at next year's Shore Leave. There are more new friends to make. That's what I've found each year 2006, 2007, 2008 for me.
          sigpic

Comment

I am so looking forward to the con. I am pulling 9 to 10 hour days this weekend. The guy I work with hurt his back and is on doctor's orders not to work until monday. Money in my pocket to pay my bills. I have already started to save and have $39 in change put aside for the con. I am hoping to have my new laptop by the con. My desktop is ancient and runs on ME. So I am hoping that I can use my tax return(I usually get a good amount back) to purchase my lap top. My mom has the wireless card and I am going to have my uncle install it into my lap top so that I can use the internet at the hotel. The Business Center is expensive to use for any length of time. I spent about $30 there last year.

Comment

Originally posted by griffindorgirl View Post
              The Business Center is expensive to use for any length of time. I spent about $30 there last year.
              I believe internet access at the hotel is $10 per day, so bringing your laptop may not save much money.

Comment

Originally posted by kimberlyrose View Post
                I believe internet access at the hotel is $10 per day, so bringing your laptop may not save much money.
                I was just on the Marriot site. It said they only charge for wired and not wireless. I am hoping that is the case. One of the reasons that I want to get a laptop is that I have alot of bookmarks and I can have them saved to the computer. I had to bring a list of sites with me when I used the business center. I also have alot of fanfiction.net alerts that come through to my email account. Last year on Friday afternoon, I had a 100 emails that I had to go through.

I am staying from Thursday through Monday. It just works out better that way. I don't have to worry about getting organized on Friday when I check in on Thursday. I have time to run to Wegmans and to get everything in my con bag that I need and everything else put away. Checking out on Monday means that I don't have to drive home after being at the con all day Sunday. As Shore Leave is my only planned vacation for the year, it works out great.

Comment

Originally posted by griffindorgirl View Post
                  I was just on the Marriot site. It said they only charge for wired and not wireless.
                  I could be wrong. I think she just said it was a charge for Internet access. (Or it could have changed in the last year.)

Comment

When I first went to Shore Leave in 2006, I booked late and stayed at the Marriott Courtyard just up the street from the Hunt Valley Marriott (HVM). Internet access there was free.

In 2007, we were at the HVM, and it was $10 per day...per computer. Since I had brought my lappie for pleasure...and Hubby had brought his for work...I was appalled at the cost!

I hope their policy has changed. It seems ridiculous that two hotels in the same chain...less than a half-mile from each other...have different pricing policies. I know full-service hotels offer more and have to make up the difference...but I'd rather pay more for my room than be nickeled and dimed to death.

Regardless of what the policy is next year, I'll just smile. Because at least, I'll be prepared for it.

Comment

The cost of the hotel should include internet access. Every year it has gone up. I will pay for the access but most hotels have it for free. Either way I am going to get my laptop and take it along to the con. I also can download and edit my photos on my computer which is a great thing.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                        Wonder when we'll hear from the registration committee?
                        I'm still anxiously awaiting the spreadsheet with the first (very large) batch of names and info. to begin sending out registration confirmations.

I don't know the number of pre-reg's yet but I heard it's pretty large.

I'll get them out as soon as I received them.

Comment

(g).....I was wondering how many tickets were left..

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                            There will be plenty left. I've gone the last three years, and there have been at least 1,000 people each time. Come on out!

sigpic
                            s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

I might not be getting a lap top. My mom is going to get the Wireless Card from AT&T. That means that her lap top will work at the Marriott without paying for the internet because the card connects to the internet. Instead of a laptop , I'm thinking about buying a new hard drive for my computer. That will be cheaper and I will be able to use it more.

I have worked alot of hours in the past week. I am hoping that with Christmas season, the restaurant will pick up. Our restaurant is in the mall and has been busy. Saturday was crazy with the arrival of Santa. I am glad that I am getting more hours which means more money to pay off my bills and to start saving for the con. The change bank is up to $39 for the con. I am planning on taking it to the bank when the piggy is full and exchanging it for cash.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                                Hi Sue

I don't believe Shore Leave has ever sold out through Pre-registration. Pre-reg does close in June so to get the best weekend package deal, pre-register.
                                Most that register now are going to get lower badge numbers which we call in batches for the autograph lines. Kind of the early bird gets the worm cliche.

I heard from my co-pre-reg Melissa and she asked for patience since due to RL issues, she won't be sending me anything until sometime next week.
                                I do know that she keeps them in numerical order as they come in.

Thanks all!

Comment

Working...
                                X