No announcement yet.

Shore Leave 31 July 10-12,2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got my hotel reservations.I am hoping to have a room near the front of the hotel. I specially requested for a room at the front for my mom. I have already started to save for the con. I am also working on paying the credit cards off. I am going to look forward to the con and my birthday weekend during the con.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
      Oooooh! Michael Dorn would be a very cool Star Trek guest!!!
      Had a photo op with him at DragonCon. He was personable, but the photo was the least best of all my photo ops this year, I think. *is sad* Then again, not everyone can be Mr. Anderson...

OT Question: Are you going up to the NJ con next weekend? I'm going to meet Claudia Black (and see Ben Browder again) at the Farscape con in Burbank. She's my last major cast member to meet.

Still would love to have Mitch Pileggi. At a con, I mean.
      Welcome to MY life!

Comment

Originally posted by griffindorgirl View Post
        Ben Brower
        Claudia Black

That's the new add ons for my wish least
        Just to clarify...wish LEAST (as in you don't care to meet them) or wish LIST (as in you do)? (I'm NOT making fun of you, just clarifying. I type a different word from what I mean or leave out words while rushing all the time.)
        Welcome to MY life!

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker View Post
          Taking the lead from Melissa, here's mine:

Richard Dean Anderson
          Amanda Tapping
          Joe Flanigan
          Tony Amendola
          Carmen Argenziano
          Robert Picardo
          Rachel Luttrell

Non SG people:
          Joe Morton
          Masi Oka
          Katee Sackhoff
          This is a really good list of desirables. I've met all of the SG ones you mentioned (well, seen Picardo on a panel but didn't actually meet), and they're all really good on stage and in person.

I've seen the non-SG ones in panels but haven't met them in person. All three were good in the panels; Katee was really late to the first one I saw at Comic-Con, but she was fun on stage when I've seen her since. (I seem to recall that the year she was slated for SL, they had to reshoot a scene so she couldn't come. Mary McDonnell was going to come in her place, but she had to work, too. In the end, Tricia Helfer came and was really well received.)
          Welcome to MY life!

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSamFan View Post
            Just to clarify...wish LEAST (as in you don't care to meet them) or wish LIST (as in you do)? (I'm NOT making fun of you, just clarifying. I type a different word from what I mean or leave out words while rushing all the time.)
            Type o. Wish list. I have a bad cold and have been under the dayquil medication as well as taking nightquil before I go to bed. It makes me a little loopy.

Comment

Originally posted by griffindorgirl View Post
              Type o. Wish list. I have a bad cold and have been under the dayquil medication as well as taking nightquil before I go to bed. It makes me a little loopy.
              That's okay. I'm a little loopy withOUT Nyquil or Dayquil.
              (and no comments from the peanut gallery about "little" loopy!)
              Welcome to MY life!

Comment

I just got my confirmation email from the Marriott. It took me calling them back and having to spell out my email phonetically for the email to come. If you get email confirmation make sure to have them email read back to you before you end the call.

Comment

Had a photo op with him at DragonCon. He was personable, but the photo was the least best of all my photo ops this year, I think. *is sad* Then again, not everyone can be Mr. Anderson...

OT Question: Are you going up to the NJ con next weekend? I'm going to meet Claudia Black (and see Ben Browder again) at the Farscape con in Burbank. She's my last major cast member to meet.

Still would love to have Mitch Pileggi. At a con, I mean.
                  I normally just do 1 con a year. I usually do Shore Leave (and am anxiously awaiting news of what my registration number is!!!)...but the trip to Vancouver is my biggest so far.

And I agree that Mitch Pileggi would be good too. I loved him both as Caldwell and as Skinner (on X-Files).

Hope you're well! I'll be in touch soon on Vancouver pix. I've been really busy since I got back!

Comment

I've seen the non-SG ones in panels but haven't met them in person. All three were good in the panels; Katee was really late to the first one I saw at Comic-Con, but she was fun on stage when I've seen her since. (I seem to recall that the year she was slated for SL, they had to reshoot a scene so she couldn't come. Mary McDonnell was going to come in her place, but she had to work, too. In the end, Tricia Helfer came and was really well received.)
                    Actually, Mary McDonnell was the guest that we had booked. She found out when she went to work on Friday morning that she would not be out by Noon to catch her flight as originally planned. Instead, she'd be shooting all day and all night. We were scrambling for a replacement. Katee had been contacted - and we thought that we could get her - so the webmaster jumped the gun and put her on the site (for about two hours). In the end, though, she wasn't able to go. That's when Tricia Helfer saved our butts! She was shooting that night too - but agreed to take the first plane out Saturday morning. She was a joy to deal with from beginning to end and I will always love her for agreeing to come at the very last second. She's a keeper!

Just so that you all know, I am reading the suggestions and keeping them in mind. I've been busy with personal and professional matters and haven't been able to make much progress lately -- but things are loosening up for me time-wise and I will start anew.
                    I did get turned down by someone that's been on some of your lists - no, I won't say who it is. Unfortunately - it's not totally up to me - they have to have room in their schedule - and in this case there wasn't. However, that same person may be able to get me to other possible guests - we'll see how it goes. I'm heading up to Vancouver in a few weeks and will meet with whoever I can find in town when I'm there.

Keep those suggestions coming. The best way for us to know who to try for is to listen to the fans themselves.

Thanks as always!

Kett

Comment

Originally posted by Kett1701 View Post
                      Actually, Mary McDonnell was the guest that we had booked. She found out when she went to work on Friday morning that she would not be out by Noon to catch her flight as originally planned. Instead, she'd be shooting all day and all night. We were scrambling for a replacement. Katee had been contacted - and we thought that we could get her - so the webmaster jumped the gun and put her on the site (for about two hours). In the end, though, she wasn't able to go. That's when Tricia Helfer saved our butts! She was shooting that night too - but agreed to take the first plane out Saturday morning. She was a joy to deal with from beginning to end and I will always love her for agreeing to come at the very last second. She's a keeper!

Just so that you all know, I am reading the suggestions and keeping them in mind. I've been busy with personal and professional matters and haven't been able to make much progress lately -- but things are loosening up for me time-wise and I will start anew.
                      I did get turned down by someone that's been on some of your lists - no, I won't say who it is. Unfortunately - it's not totally up to me - they have to have room in their schedule - and in this case there wasn't. However, that same person may be able to get me to other possible guests - we'll see how it goes. I'm heading up to Vancouver in a few weeks and will meet with whoever I can find in town when I'm there.

Keep those suggestions coming. The best way for us to know who to try for is to listen to the fans themselves.

Thanks as always!

Kett
                      Have fun in Vancouver Kett. I wish you good luck in finding guests.
                      Last edited by griffindorgirl; 02 November 2008, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Thanks as always!

Kett
                        We have faith in you, Kett!

Enjoy Vancouver. I wish I were there...

Comment

Thanks as always!

Kett
                          Here's who else I'd like:

John de Lancie
                          Tom McBeath

sigpic
                          s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker View Post
                            Here's who else I'd like:

John de Lancie
                            Tom McBeath
                            Tom would be quite cool. Garry Chalk also. (Ok, I'm partial to character actors )

Robert Picardo! I saw him at one really horrible con but he really went out of his way to be upbeat and positive to the fans. (He had a head cold, it was his birthday and he was sitting outside in a tent in 40 degree weather... )
                            sigpic

Selmak.Org ~ A website dedicated to a Snarky Symbiote & Her Boy Toys.
                            Sel's Memorial to Don Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by qksilver99 View Post
                              Tom would be quite cool. Garry Chalk also. (Ok, I'm partial to character actors )

Robert Picardo! I saw him at one really horrible con but he really went out of his way to be upbeat and positive to the fans. (He had a head cold, it was his birthday and he was sitting outside in a tent in 40 degree weather... )
                              I agree with qksilver99. Robert Picardo would be a great guest. I saw him at a con in Tyson Corners. He's a great guest. I nearly fell out of my seat laughing.

Comment

Wonder when we'll hear from the registration committee?

Comment

Working...
                                X