Shore Leave 31 July 10-12,2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope this isn't too off topic.

Since Michael Welch has cancelled his appearance (good luck with the movie!), I just wanted to let you all know that I spotted an autographed photo of Welch as one of the items up for auction by Michael Shanks Online, the official Michael Shanks website. The charity auction benefits Shanks' preferred charity, the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada.

About the auction

Items on eBay

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Question since I have never been to this con before.
      But do they have stuff auctioned off like at other cons?
      Please help my dragon eggs CLICK HERE My fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi40 View Post
        Question since I have never been to this con before.
        But do they have stuff auctioned off like at other cons?

We don't have a formal auction. Shore Leave's official charities are the American Red Cross and the Maryland Food Bank. The Red Cross sends the Bloodmobile to the convention (Friday and Sunday this year I've heard). We also have a Food Drive every year for the MD Food Bank.

Robert Picardo will be having a charity offering. We're still working with his Rep on the wording - but the basics are that you can make a donation to his charity at his table and in exhange you get to join him for dinner Sunday night (dutch treat) at the hotel restaurant, the Cinnamon Tree.

We also have various causes that we support by allowing outside groups to collect for charity. We have rules though, to ensure that any group claiming to be raising money for charity is actually doing so and the charity receives the proceeds.

Kett

Comment

OK thanks Kett.

Saw this on Mr. Sorbo's tweeter today and it has me worried:
          Oh, yeah. I booked another movie. Called "What If". Leave in 2 weeks to shoot in Michigan. Kind if a Wonderful Life film.
          I hope this means he won't be dropping out as well. If he god forbid does do you think you can try and get Joe Flanigan to replace him?

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
            Soon it will be time to begin the countdown until Shore Leave 31
            It's only a month away now!
            sigpic
            Thanks to Dunc for my pretty aurora and Muse sig. He had no part in the Twilight one

Comment

OK thanks Kett.

I hope this means he won't be dropping out as well. If he god forbid does do you think you can try and get Joe Flanigan to replace him?
              I second that idea!

Comment

Fortunately, Kevin has a job. Unfortunately, they're shooting six-day weeks during the time of our convention.

We just closed the deal on replacements.
                We have Clifton Collins Jr., who played Ayel (Romulan) in Star Trek the Movie.
                Also appearing will be Johnathan Schaech from Prom Night, Houdini, and That Thing You Do.

It will probably take a couple of days for our website to catch up - as I just now sent the email to tell the webmaster that we confirmed the replacement guests. We don't have photos from the guests yet.

While it's really nice that so many of our guests are finding work -- I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is the last one that has to drop out. I'm working 12-14 hour days on a movie and doing negotiations and writing contracts is something that I thought I was done with months ago.

Kett

Comment

29 DAYS
                  UNTIL SHRE LEAVE 31
                  on July 10
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
                    29 DAYS
                    UNTIL SHRE LEAVE 31
                    on July 10
                    Yaah! It's almost Shore Leave time!

Comment

Originally posted by Kett1701 View Post
                      Fortunately, Kevin has a job. Unfortunately, they're shooting six-day weeks during the time of our convention.

Also appearing will be Johnathan Schaech from Prom Night, Houdini, and That Thing You Do.

It will probably take a couple of days for our website to catch up - as I just now sent the email to tell the webmaster that we confirmed the replacement guests. We don't have photos from the guests yet.

While it's really nice that so many of our guests are finding work -- I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is the last one that has to drop out. I'm working 12-14 hour days on a movie and doing negotiations and writing contracts is something that I thought I was done with months ago.

Kett
                      ]Thanks for all of your hard work Kett. You are a great part of the way that Shore Leave comes together.

Comment

Kett
                        As disappointed as we fans get I think we sometimes forget how hard these cancellations are on you. I appreciate that you work so hard to find suitable replacements.

As for Kevin Sorbo's cancellation I am mildly disappointed but he wasn't the big draw for me. Plus I look at it this way, I can save the money I would have spent on his photo op. Speaking of that I better send in my photo op form pronto. I like to wait until later because I always expect cancelations but hopefully they are done with at this point.

Comment

Kett
                          I have one word, AAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

oh yeah.. must send in form for photo ops! thanks for reminding me...

on another unrelated note, i have two rooms booked at the courtyard across the way that i am not going to need.. i would just cancel them, but i figured i'd offer them up here first, just in case there is a waitlist at the hotel... shoot me a pm if your interested and i'll fill u in on the rates and what not.. ;0)

off to fill out the form for my photo ops!

Comment

Kett
                              Website is caught up. ummm I had a photo op with Kevin already paid for. Can I have one done with some one else? Do I ask for the new one when I get to the con?

And with your busy job I hope this is the last one as well Kett

Comment

Website is caught up. ummm I had a photo op with Kevin already paid for. Can I have one done with some one else? Do I ask for the new one when I get to the con?
                                And with your busy job I hope this is the last one as well Kett
                                I think the Reg folks were planning on contacting the Kevin Photo Op holders to see if they wanted to exchange them or ask for refunds on them. If you don't want to wait you can email them thru our website.
                                My suggestion would be to arrange to exchange it now so that they have time to process the change. If all else fails though - I'm sure that they can handle the change at the convention too.

Kett

Comment

Working...
                                X