Shore Leave 31 July 10-12,2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go Steelers!

I was actually hoping for an Eagles-Steelers Superbowl. Being from PA and all.

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

First, I'll add my own Happy Birthday to Nell!
      That's the good news.

The bad news is that PITS passed on our offer. His agent said that the problem wasn't the offer, it was the schedule. There may be something else that PITS needs to do at that time and they'd prefer to say "no" now rather than having to back out at a later date.
      I appreciate that he gave our offer serious consideration. His agent was very nice and responsive. While I wish that the answer had been different, I am grateful that he took us seriously enough to treat us with such respect.

I have already contacted the booking agent for two Atlantis guests that I'm making an offer on. The Agent knew that this offer was coming if things fell through so this negotiation should not take too long. I'm working up the official offer tonight and hopefully will have an answer in just a few days.

I'll also be moving on the next two guests after that and the one after that. I should have at least four or five guests on the flier by Farpoint (Valentine's Weekend).

Sorry to all of you that were guessing correctly who PITS was. Frankly, I was starting to picture PITS at our convention and the more that I thought about it the more I wanted it to come true. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be.

I know that you'll love the ones that I had "On Deck" however. They're great guests and well worth seeing.

Kett

Comment

Kett, thank you for trying to get PITS.

Comment

glad the anxious wait is over at least

Comment

Thanks for the update Kett.

Comment

Thanks for trying Kett!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                Thanks for trying Kett!
                Ditto. I can only imagine how disappointed you must feel after working so hard on this for so long. We all appreciate your efforts, and I'm sure the other guests you have lined up will be terrific. As for PITS, there's always next year!

sigpic
                s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Happy Birthday nell!

Here's to you!

sigpic
                  s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Thanks for the info Kett!

It's too bad I won't get to meet PITS (unlike so many of you) but I'm excited about the rest of the guests.

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker View Post
                      I can only imagine how disappointed you must feel after working so hard on this for so long. We all appreciate your efforts, and I'm sure the other guests you have lined up will be terrific. As for PITS, there's always next year!
                      I couldn't have said it better (applauds sugarshaker's eloquence).

Can't wait to hear the news on who does get booked!

Thank you, Kett.

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                        Happy Birthday Nell!

I hope the PITS guest comes to SL to make your birthday really, really, really a day to remember
                        Me, too.

Originally posted by DuncTK421 View Post
                        Happy Birthday Nell!
                        Thanks

Originally posted by griffindorgirl View Post
                        Happy Birthday Nell!
                        Thanks *happy dance*

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                        ......Happy Birthday Nell!!!
                        Woo Hoo Thanks
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                          http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...tn-409gaze.jpg

So, people. It's nell's birthday. Are we clear on what we should do?

I think a study of her and her friends is in order.

I know she has spent hours studying the gate. I'd like to talk with her.

:jack: nell...nell...I think I may have met her...somewhere...
                          lll
                          Happy Birthday, nell!!!

ROTFLMAO! Thanks, Jack!!! Thanks, sg-1fanintn
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kett1701 View Post
                            First, I'll add my own Happy Birthday to Nell!
                            That's the good news.

The bad news is that PITS passed on our offer. His agent said that the problem wasn't the offer, it was the schedule. There may be something else that PITS needs to do at that time and they'd prefer to say "no" now rather than having to back out at a later date.
                            I appreciate that he gave our offer serious consideration. His agent was very nice and responsive. While I wish that the answer had been different, I am grateful that he took us seriously enough to treat us with such respect.

I have already contacted the booking agent for two Atlantis guests that I'm making an offer on. The Agent knew that this offer was coming if things fell through so this negotiation should not take too long. I'm working up the official offer tonight and hopefully will have an answer in just a few days.

I'll also be moving on the next two guests after that and the one after that. I should have at least four or five guests on the flier by Farpoint (Valentine's Weekend).

Sorry to all of you that were guessing correctly who PITS was. Frankly, I was starting to picture PITS at our convention and the more that I thought about it the more I wanted it to come true. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be.

I know that you'll love the ones that I had "On Deck" however. They're great guests and well worth seeing.

Kett
                            Kett, Thanks for the birthday wishes

Aw shucks, so no pie this summer at Shore Leave, huh?

Well, from your report I have hope that there may be a chance for pie at some future Shore Leave thanks to your efforts. I'm hopeful because you had the ear and consideration of his agent. And because Shore Leave is a well-respected fan run con, it's probably just the group that someone like PITS would prefer.

Well, I'm looking forward to your future announcements for this July's con.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker View Post
                              Happy Birthday nell!

Here's to you!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...pagne_cork.jpg
                              Cheers everybody!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
                                Kett, Thanks for the birthday wishes

Aw shucks, so no pie this summer at Shore Leave, huh?

Well, from your report I have hope that there may be a chance for pie at some future Shore Leave thanks to your efforts. I'm hopeful because you had the ear and consideration of his agent. And because Shore Leave is a well-respected fan run con, it's probably just the group that someone like PITS would prefer.

Well, I'm looking forward to your future announcements for this July's con.
                                We'll get tiramisu at Carraba's...and dream of pie past and future.

Comment

Working...
                                X