• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
    I cringe every time I see mine
    I bet they're better than you think We're our own worst critics

I really like the second one
    It's growing on me......... Luci says it's good, sooo......

You're right. Tut's never come out looking as good as the example And then if you use a different program... Awww poor Martin...no one uses pics of him
    I know, it's all very difficult...... I'm truly amazed that icons seem to be so different from anything else I thought I knew PS, but apparently not

Yes *huggles Martin* I wuv you babe, it's the rest of the world that's out of wack

Edit: More tut playing, this time I used Luci's one for this

and came up with this

Green screen
    Last edited by Jumble; 19 June 2009, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Quiet in here today...............

A reminder.......

CHALLENGE ENTRIES TO JUMBLE
      ASAP PLEASE

Comment

Your icons are coming on a treat Jumble You'll be expert in no time

For me the point of a tut isn't to follow it exactly, but to learn how to get the effects and snurch lots of lovely textures That way I can get ideas to make stuff of my own I'd say you're doing that perfectly Your icons are still very you (and not just because of Martin )
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
          Your icons are coming on a treat Jumble You'll be expert in no time
          *bows*

For me the point of a tut isn't to follow it exactly, but to learn how to get the effects and snurch lots of lovely textures That way I can get ideas to make stuff of my own I'd say you're doing that perfectly Your icons are still very you (and not just because of Martin )
          Yes, I think I was sort of missing the point of tuts to begin with But I quickly discovered that it's the ideas that are useful, because I'd hit a bit of a brick wall in that respect and was actually in danger of giving up

When Jasmina started pushing me to do icons I really couldn't see myself finding anything new or interesting to do with them. How wrong can you be? It's like getting to the end of a good book, getting that 'lost' feeling, and then finding there's a whole new chapter hidden at the back

And yes, I'm finding lots of ways to make them very 'me'

Comment

Jumble you're doing really well with the icons! So glad you're enjoying making them, I'm loving seeing what you're coming up with I really like the second one from the first tut, works very well IMO. The first one is a bit too dark
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
              I bet they're better than you think We're our own worst critics

It's growing on me......... Luci says it's good, sooo......

I know, it's all very difficult...... I'm truly amazed that icons seem to be so different from anything else I thought I knew PS, but apparently not

Yes *huggles Martin* I wuv you babe, it's the rest of the world that's out of wack

Edit: More tut playing, this time I used Luci's one for this

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...ghticontut.jpg

and came up with this

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...echoesicon.jpg
              Green screen
              What's this? You can't do Sam and Jack but you can do Helen and whoever? *cries* Poor Sam and Jack ((()))

...I like it though

*waits for Jumble to do S/J icons*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

What's this? You can't do Sam and Jack but you can do Helen and whoever? *cries* Poor Sam and Jack ((()))

...I like it though

*waits for Jumble to do S/J icons*
                My S/J mojo is in stasis, and I refuse to wake it up until Movie 3 is imminent...... so you'll be waiting until at least 2010

Helen and John FCOL

Comment

My S/J mojo is in stasis, and I refuse to wake it up until Movie 3 is imminent...... so you'll be waiting until at least 2010

Helen and John FCOL
                  *pulls out a years' supply of cookies and fruit juice* Well then I guess I'll just have to wait...I'm quite patient

Sorry if I offended any of you Sanctuary fans by using the term 'whoever'...I just didn't know who he was

Comment

*pulls out a years' supply of cookies and fruit juice* Well then I guess I'll just have to wait...I'm quite patient

Sorry if I offended any of you Sanctuary fans by using the term 'whoever'...I just didn't know who he was
                    Kids today, they know nothing

Edit: Thanks Josiane You're right about that Full Circle icon, it just woodn't go right

Comment

Kids today, they know nothing

Edit: Thanks Josiane You're right about that Full Circle icon, it just woodn't go right
                      *snort* We really really don't...I don't know anyone in RL that likes Stargate or Sanctuary

Comment

*snort* We really really don't...I don't know anyone in RL that likes Stargate or Sanctuary
                        You owe it to those around you to educate them! Go forth and spread The Word. Tie your friends and neighbours to their chairs and show them the whole of SG1, SGA and Sanctuary! THEY MUST BE ASSIMILATED CONVERTED!!!!!

Comment

*looks around* Did I scare everyone away with my Borg impression?

Challenge post in ten minutes

Comment

You owe it to those around you to educate them! Go forth and spread The Word. Tie your friends and neighbours to their chairs and show them the whole of SG1, SGA and Sanctuary! THEY MUST BE ASSIMILATED CONVERTED!!!!!

Yes Borg Queen

Shall I also assimilate them into Woohoo's as well?

Comment

Banner by Jasmina

Challenge Week 41
                              from LiliJ

Make a piece of artwork combining Sam & Jack with a favourite ship from another show/movie. Eg Sam/Jack & Rachel/Ross.

RegularAmanda

Jann

Jasmina

Luvnjack

Josiane

Aveo

Oma

Achaja

Sarai

Bekki

Nad

Jumble

Well done everyone

New challenge will be up shortly..........
                              Last edited by Jumble; 19 June 2009, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Yes Borg Queen

Shall I also assimilate them into Woohoo's as well?
                                *headdesk* Of course! But drag them into the SG web first, get them hooked on the commentaries, THEN hit them with Sanctuary

Comment

Working...
                                X