• Show
Clear All

love it LJ what font did you use?
    sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
      love it LJ what font did you use?

Fmiring Campotype one
      I just downloaded it the other day and this is the first time I've used it. Kinda like it!
      sigpic

Comment

I have yet to figure out how to do a different border but I'll figure it out at some point when I have lots of time to devote to playing around with Photoshop.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
          I have yet to figure out how to do a different border but I'll figure it out at some point when I have lots of time to devote to playing around with Photoshop.
          Yes, it takes a while. I've only just started playing with different borders and I've been gimping for...what...eight months now?

Oh, forgot to say, that pic of Jack is from Proving Ground.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks LJ!

I didn't download it *looks around*
            sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Ohh and now lookit the festive goodies Love the sigs leiasky and Jasmina! And I think the calendar looks great, not too busy at all
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

(((((GimPS)))))
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                  Cuuuuuuuuuute!!! I love that picture of AT and RDA so much.
                  Too cool for a signature.

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                    Nothing so great and cool as a movie (darn it!) In fact, it's nothing so great or cool at all...I almost trashed it

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...acksig1224.jpg
                    Nonononononono! LJ, you didn't nearly trash it at all...that was just the splashes of drool on your monitor

Challenge - I had two sitting on the fence votes, and one for keeping the current challenge for a 2nd week... so unless anyone wants to add more votes, I'm gonna rule on that one

And speaking of the challenge, I have another sig. I couldn't resist this one as soon as the idea popped into my head

sigpic

Comment

Nice job Oma! I'm gonna ask a question which is going to make me sound really dumb (and reveal just how little of gimp I still know) - how did you get the text coloured like that? I've been trying for ages to figure it out
                      sigpic

Comment

The easiest way is to do your text layer as normal, then apply a gradient over the top of it. You need to change the gradient to overlay or hard light or..well as long as it's not on normal cos then it'll change the whole layer instead of highlighting it.

On this one I used purple text and put a purple gradient (the one in the drop down box) over it 5 or 6 times set on overlay. Then I copied the text layer twice, set one to overlay and the other to burn.

I actually did the text using the glossy logo script fu. It's in the main tool box....I've closed Gimp down now and I can't remember the name of the menu....it's the one next to file anyway Then select Logo>Glossy. (If you have an older version of Gimp than I do, it'll be under Script-Fu>Logo>Glossy). I set text colour box to Purples, the shadow box to foreground to transparent (foreground colour was purple), set to 1. Then I ignore the rest of the settings and click okay Don't worry, it'll make sense when you see the tool box Then I did the gradients over the "Grow Me" layer of the text.
                        sigpic

Comment

D'oh, a gradient, why didn't I think of trying that??
                          Thanks Oma!
                          sigpic

Comment

Hi GimPs !!! finally i catch up the thread !!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

WOW some great work from everyone

fainne thanks so much for the new tutorial will have a look at in a bit later
                              sigpic
                              Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

Got another banner. And two more in the works.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X