The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
    Ooooh, I love it! And the background and text looks fab!

There's always enough room for another Ronon sig

Somehow your best work happens when you make a Ronon sig....I really don't know why that is.....

Jammy, that's what it is.

*looks suspiciously at Josi...have you been eating jammy dodgers today?*

Edit: I've spent most of the day gimping, but not particularly fun stuff...I got volunteered to make the School Calendar for next year. It sounded like a great idea at the time to do a Birthday calender and to get all the kids to draw a picture of themselves to put on their birthday month page....but the reality of it is proving a lot more problematic. Instead of giving the kids plain paper like I suggested, a note went out with instructions on the top, and a then a space framed by a double border for the kids to draw in.

Yep, about a third of them went over the border, and half of them over the writing....and I get to edit out the borders and text...pixel by pixel...*groans*
    Hehe, thanks Probably cause he is so inspiring

Good luck on the calendar, we want to see it when you finish

Comment

Ok so it took a little longer than 5 minutes but here's the latest from me

Nothing like Siler to get you back in the mood

Comment

Sarai I love it!
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Thanks Josi!

He looks like two different men from the left to the right. Nice to have a bit of meat on a man though, .

Comment

Quick question about the challenge, can you include other pictures or just the hand one?

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
              Ooooh, I love it! And the background and text looks fab!
              Thanks

and Great Sig of Siler Sarai.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                Great challenge last night kids. And I love the new one.

Oma - That's just beautiful. *sob*

((((siler)))) Sorry luvnjack.

And OMG!!!! I joined some icon challenges on LJ and actually won something. I'm so excited...especially since I didn't expect anything.

Now I have to go and get the new Sanctuary ep. *skips out*
                Way to go Jas. I like the Holy Hannah one the best.

Originally posted by SeNedra View Post
                I got no idea for the new challenge yet but I made a new Ronon sig

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l.../sigs/rrs5.jpg
                Pretty. I like the flowers.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                Oh Gimp, how I love thee Well, when it decides to co-operate that is I have just made this in about 5 minutes flat for the challenge

Great wp Rachel and sig SeNedra!
                Nice!
                Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                  Quick question about the challenge, can you include other pictures or just the hand one?
                  I believe so, as long as you use the hand one it doesn't matter what else you do
                  sigpic

Comment

I believe so, as long as you use the hand one it doesn't matter what else you do
                    That's good to know, thanks hun!

Comment

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...k/silersig.jpg

Brilliant Siler sig

.....and which mood would that be?

Edit: I just noticed your 'Why is it always me?' sig has Martin in it! See, it's not just me, he gets himself in everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                        Brilliant Siler sig

.....and which mood would that be?
                        that spannery mood...

*looks around sheepishly...........*

what?!!

Comment

wow, awesome artworks everyone!!!

i just have a question for the GIMPers beyond us: a friend of mine just started to work with GIMP and always tries to work with more layers than one. but her GIMP is always merging the layers - even with her wanting it. How do you work with different layers?

oh, and new wallie. Well, old style but different guy

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
                            wow, awesome artworks everyone!!!

i just have a question for the GIMPers beyond us: a friend of mine just started to work with GIMP and always tries to work with more layers than one. but her GIMP is always merging the layers - even with her wanting it. How do you work with different layers?

oh, and new wallie. Well, old style but different guy

http://img19.myimg.de/leadership28f43_thumb.jpg
                            Fainne is this when she pastes a picture in that it merges it onto the background or the layer beneath it? I used to have that problem, because if you're not careful it just anchors things onto the layer you're currently on. I found the way round it is to always manually create a new layer as soon as you paste the pic ('layer > new'), or when you want to add brushes or anything. And make sure you have the layers dialogue box open at all times (if she doesn't, you can open it from 'dialogues > layers').

Hope that helps!

Oh, and nice wp
                            sigpic

Comment

Fainne is this when she pastes a picture in that it merges it onto the background or the layer beneath it? I used to have that problem, because if you're not careful it just anchors things onto the layer you're currently on. I found the way round it is to always manually create a new layer as soon as you paste the pic ('layer > new'), or when you want to add brushes or anything. And make sure you have the layers dialogue box open at all times (if she doesn't, you can open it from 'dialogues > layers').

Hope that helps!

Oh, and nice wp
                              thank you. that defenitely helps. here's her respond: That is exactly what I do wrong... For example if I want to see if a hat is the right size for a character I'm playing with, I just try it on and then it doesn't work anymore and stays stuck. I have to work that out. I'll definitely follow that advice.

thank you very much for this advice

Comment

No I did eat some animal biscuits though, maybe they have the same effect
                                Cadbury's aminal ones...with the chocolate? Could be the chocolate effect then

Or the animal effect....

*does it mean anything that your MOB sig showed up when I read that post?*

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...k/silersig.jpg

Heh heh heh

*nods* What she said

OK, here's the first draft of January. Comments? Suggestions? Changes? I've printed it out to see how it looks, and the pencil lines are really faint. Anyone know how to get them clearer? I've tried upping the contrast, brightness, using overlays etc but it just makes the white parts brighter

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X