The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been playing with the wrong caps this evening, that's for sure

I started out trying icons again and ended up with an icon and a sig.

I had a go with a pic of my youngest daughter too... these are the better ones

sigpic

Comment

Oma I love them! Especially the sig

I'm in a gimp groove tonight - two sigs in one evening This one's not so artistic, but is just for fun

I'd love to be able to put the gif of that look in there instead of the still shot, but the whole gif/animation thing confuses me still If anyone's able to explain it in clear and simple words of one syllable so I've got a chance of understanding that would be great
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Again, love all the new artwork...lots of it today!!! And thank you all for the lovely messages 'bout my work Was as always a bit unsure 'bout it...

and Hbt123 thanks for the tut Will use/look at it soon

Oma like the "wrong" cap icons/sig...and that icon of your daughter is soo cute...she looks sooo cute in the pic...awww
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks again Jumble. I'll go try again. It takes my awhile sometimes, lol.
          sigpic
          Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
            Oma I love them! Especially the sig

I'm in a gimp groove tonight - two sigs in one evening This one's not so artistic, but is just for fun

I'd love to be able to put the gif of that look in there instead of the still shot, but the whole gif/animation thing confuses me still If anyone's able to explain it in clear and simple words of one syllable so I've got a chance of understanding that would be great
            It would indeed be brilliant with the gif. in it, and I'd like to know how too, and words of one syllable would definitely be appreciated

(weren't we going to try to figure out vid-making together? Ooops )

Oma love the sig and icon, and aw, isn't she cute

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
              Thanks again Jumble. I'll go try again. It takes my awhile sometimes, lol.
              I first discovered I could cap dvds purely by chance, noticed the little camera and clicked on it! I got all excited and told my daughter about it. She said 'Oh, didn't you know that?' Apparently 'everybody' knows that

Comment

Josi - Here's the tut I used when I made a couple of gif sigs. It's pretty simple to follow, and IIRC, he shows you where to download the extra software you need.

Edit: Oops....it shows how to add the gif, but not where to d/l GAP. That download is here. You need to d/l it first before you can follow the tutorial.
                Last edited by Oma-1; 01 September 2008, 02:03 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                  Josi - Here's the tut I used when I made a couple of gif sigs. It's pretty simple to follow, and IIRC, he shows you where to download the extra software you need.
                  Thanks Oma! I'll have a look at that, but probably tomorrow now as it's getting late and I have to get up for work in the morning
                  sigpic

Comment

*runs in* Just dropping this off. Wuhoo for the U.S. Navy and their pumps!

sigpic

Comment

Josi - Love both sigs.

Great work Oma. Your daughter is so cute.

*sneaks in a new sig*

*runs away before some D/V shipper has a chance to attack*
                      sigpic

Comment

*splashes through thread*
                        Thanks luvnjack! Just what we needed

Edit: Awesome sig Jasmina I'm not a D/V shipper but equally I'm not entirely certain about Vala/Teal'c But the sig is gorgeous, love the colours
                        sigpic

Comment

Next capping question...

I've managed to figure out how to cap. Thanks Jann and Jumble for the help with that.

Now I have a new problem. I can't get the subtitles to stay off. I go to the DVD menu and click "off" but the subtitles are back as soon as I go back to watching. Does anyone know how to keep them off? They get in the way when capping, and they bother me when I'm watching.
                          Last edited by TrueRomantic; 01 September 2008, 07:38 PM.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                            *splashes through thread*
                            Thanks luvnjack! Just what we needed

Edit: Awesome sig Jasmina I'm not a D/V shipper but equally I'm not entirely certain about Vala/Teal'c But the sig is gorgeous, love the colours
                            I'm not a V/T shipper either. I just love the interaction between the two. Teal'c is the only one of the guys who doesn't even blink no matter what crazy thing Vala does next.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                              I'm not a V/T shipper either. I just love the interaction between the two. Teal'c is the only one of the guys who doesn't even blink no matter what crazy thing Vala does next.
                              True And it is a fabulous sig
                              sigpic

Comment

Jas - Great new sig I love Teal'c and Vala I don't ship them either, just adore the way she baits him and calls him muscles and he completely ignores it

Edit: lol, you just said that I really should read to the end of the page before replying
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X