No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and if that of Jasmina doesn't work Egle. You can always use the lasso tool(not magnetic or so) there you can choose for yourself the borders and the tool it self doesnt make the exact lines...you have a more vaguer border(IMHO) ...like you see in my sig.
    Also feather 5/10 with that one(better explained somewhere else...I think there is a link for it on the first page of the thread)
    sigpic

Comment

I don't like the lasso. To use that one I'll have to hook up a mouse on the laptop, cause the touchpad isn't steady enough.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
        I don't like the lasso. To use that one I'll have to hook up a mouse on the laptop, cause the touchpad isn't steady enough.
        Ah...then I understand...see I have a normal mouse...so I dont have the touchpad problem
        Then the magnetic one could be easier...
        sigpic

Comment

I finished my last card, thanks to you, girls. Posted it already over ship thread, but what the hell, one more time to here too.

sigpic

Comment

I think it's nice Love the background

Comment

nice textures too Egle!
              sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

I make all my art with the lasso with my touchpad.

Comment

Originally posted by SeNedra View Post
                  I think it's nice Love the background
                  Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
                  nice textures too Egle!
                  Aww, you're too kind. All for the great cause. Right?
                  sigpic

Comment

Nice work girls!

Jumble, Great idea to make a list!

Adobe Photoshop

Jasmina (PS7)
                    Krissie (Elements 6)
                    Jann (CS2/CS3)
                    Eve (CS3)
                    APA (Elements 5.0)
                    SamJackShipLover (CS2)
                    Egle01 (PS7)

PaintShop

Aveo (Pro X)
                    LiliJ (Pro)
                    Linda (Pro XI)

Gimp

Jumble (2.6)
                    Josiane (2.4.5)
                    Oma (2.4)
                    john and teyla for life
                    Melora
                    ChocolateQueen
                    Sarai
                    Luvnjack
                    SeNedra (2.4)
                    Madaline
                    Blacky Kitten (2.4)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
                      I make all my art with the lasso with my touchpad.
                      I tried once, but it's very sensitive, if you hold in one direction too long it starts moving on it's own and before you know it, you've went too far and have to start over, and I'm too lazy to reach over and hook the mouse So I just use the magnets, and if I need it to be blurry and cross over gently to the backround I just put a large feather.

Hey, she likes using magnets, magnets are awesome, they move right along the edges plus they hold the fugurs on the chess board in your car...for when you drive.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to mention I don't use the buttons under the touchpad, they're very loud when they click and they annoy me.
                      sigpic

Comment

I have never used the lasso tool I always just use the eraser

*wonders if she has been doing things the hard way for the last 3 months*

....see - I knew I was the dumb one!!! AND i use the touchpad on my laptop for it too

Yikes - I need to get some computer skills

(at least I can type fast )
                        sigpic

Comment

All those laptop stories...it makes me scary ...I am used to working on a normal home computer...not a laptop...oye...I'm so gonna learn to adjust...

But I do get to learn some tricks now...tell me more
                          sigpic

Comment

I tried once, but it's very sensitive, if you hold in one direction too long it starts moving on it's own and before you know it, you've went too far and have to start over, and I'm too lazy to reach over and hook the mouse So I just use the magnets, and if I need it to be blurry and cross over gently to the backround I just put a large feather.

Hey, she likes using magnets, magnets are awesome, they move right along the edges plus they hold the fugurs on the chess board in your car...for when you drive.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to mention I don't use the buttons under the touchpad, they're very loud when they click and they annoy me.
                            I don't use the touchpad at all, just cannot get used to it (can't teach an old dog new tricks ) I have a cordless optical mini-mouse which is so easy to control, I have no problems at all

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
                            All those laptop stories...it makes me scary ...I am used to working on a normal home computer...not a laptop...oye...I'm so gonna learn to adjust...

But I do get to learn some tricks now...tell me more
                            ROFL! Jann, if I can get used to a laptop after .........years with a home pc, you will get used to it in no time, and you'll love it to bits because its sooooo much easier to use and you can move it around the house I used to use the home pc at weekends and some evenings (its upstairs, not exactly available), the lappy I use 24/7 because it goes wherever I go in the house! You may have got the idea that I luuuuurve my lappy

Comment

As Jumble said, Jann if you don't want to use the touchpad you can use a normal cord mouse, or a fancy infra one like Jumble!
                              sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                                I don't use the touchpad at all, just cannot get used to it (can't teach an old dog new tricks ) I have a cordless optical mini-mouse which is so easy to control, I have no problems at all
                                True...I now always use the touchpad when I'm on my dads laptop, but it doesn't sound handy when you are photoshopping...

ROFL! Jann, if I can get used to a laptop after .........years with a home pc, you will get used to it in no time, and you'll love it to bits because its sooooo much easier to use and you can move it around the house I used to use the home pc at weekends and some evenings (its upstairs, not exactly available), the lappy I use 24/7 because it goes wherever I go in the house! You may have got the idea that I luuuuurve my lappy
                                I hope so now normally speaking, I'm also always upstairs on my room...certainly now since I'm re-installing the computer downstairs(family computer)
                                But I hope I get used to it...I probably will
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X