The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    Lovely Bekki, but definitely needs text All I can think of (and both are quite lame...) is:
    "Everyone loves a wedding" (if you want an SG quote)
    or
    "You may now kiss the bride" or just "Kiss the bride"

SeNedra's dead right about where the text should go, but maybe you left that space deliberately

And I quite like the paleness - I see what SeNedra and Jasmina mean, but I wouldn't worry too much if you can't change it now, I think it looks pretty cool as is
    I love the "Kiss the bride!" That's just perfect

Comment

Hi all! I had dreams last night that I was trying to build a wally and it just wasn't working. Talk about frustrating! Great job on all the new artwork! You're amazing!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
        Hi all! I had dreams last night that I was trying to build a wally and it just wasn't working. Talk about frustrating! Great job on all the new artwork! You're amazing!
        (((((Luvnjack))))) I've been living that dream for the last three days I had this idea for a wp, all the things Sam and Jack have been through together, going through the Gate - together, facing death - together, being captured - together, going fishing - together....... and I've finally managed to get two versions of it done and ImageShack won't let me upload them

So I'm putting them in here, spoilered for size

Spoiler:

Comments please.

Edit: Anyone know another hosting site that puts wps up small so that you can click for bigger?

Comment

Jumble I like the first one. The second one seems alittle busy to me.

Comment

Jumble I like both. The first one is more clear, while in the second you have to search for the pics, which is more fun. Anyway I snurched both.

And you can get a clickable thumbnail from photobucket. Select the pic you want (in the square underneath the pic), click on the "Generate HTML and IMG code" button at the bottom of the page and get the "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended" code.
            sigpic

Comment

Jumble I love them, I think they're both awesome!
              And I see you've been trying out that transparency thing Well done!
              At first I agreed with Krissie, but looking at them more now the second one's growing on me, much like my MIAB/Entity sig did and probably for the same reason - looks busy on first glance but then you start really looking at it and seeing so many things in it. I reckon you should put both on the MOP site - after all, the more the better!

And Jasmina, thanks for the pb thumbnails tip, I'd been wondering how to do that!
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Jumble, I like the second one better, but I miss the "They went to Atlantis, sadly not -together" part.
                sigpic

Comment

Jumble, I agree with most, both are beautifu! I prefer the second one cause of the big Threads pic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                    Jumble I like both. The first one is more clear, while in the second you have to search for the pics, which is more fun. Anyway I snurched both.

And you can get a clickable thumbnail from photobucket. Select the pic you want (in the square underneath the pic), click on the "Generate HTML and IMG code" button at the bottom of the page and get the "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended" code.
                    Thanks Jasmina, I'll give it a try

I'm not sure if I like either of them, but that may be because I've got a headache from trying to get it right

Thanks for all the comments (((((Artwork Family)))))

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                      Jumble, I like the second one better, but I miss the "They went to Atlantis, sadly not -together" part.
                      Yes, I liked that part. Maybe I'll try it again, third time lucky?

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                        Yes, I liked that part. Maybe I'll try it again, third time lucky?
                        LOL! Here's hopin'!
                        sigpic

Comment

hey artwork family!

Ok I'm working on my Shipday sig, this is what I've got so far, it's missing something, I just can't figure out for the life of me what it is!

part of me wants to add the line from S116 "Love is not love that alters as alteration finds" but I don't really think it works on this one so I might try it for another one. Or not.
                          sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
                            hey artwork family!

Ok I'm working on my Shipday sig, this is what I've got so far, it's missing something, I just can't figure out for the life of me what it is!

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...s/shipday2.jpg

part of me wants to add the line from S116 "Love is not love that alters as alteration finds" but I don't really think it works on this one so I might try it for another one. Or not.
                            *scratches head* Hmmm, I don't know. Maybe you can make the text a little bigger? Or add something between Sam and Jack in the middle? Other than that I think it looks just fine.
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks Jasmina I'll give that a try
                              changed my mind about the S116, made a different sig, again there's something not quite right here.

plus haven't figured out how to do the transparent thing in PS yet,
                              Last edited by Aveo_amacus; 09 June 2008, 04:04 PM.
                              sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Ok another attempt!!
                                I've tried to do what you suggested Jasmina, I moved the ship day bit into the middle

sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X