No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woohoo! Thanks to the wonderful Oma, I have finally successfully blended images!

*little dance of joy*

Now nothing can stop me
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Wooooooohoooooooooo!

*does the happy dance for Josiane!*

Edit: I really liked the Grace sig you posted in the family thread! Wouldn't mind seeing a blended version
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
        Wooooooohoooooooooo!

*does the happy dance for Josiane!*

Edit: I really liked the Grace sig you posted in the family thread! Wouldn't mind seeing a blended version
        Yeah, I'll redo it with my newly acquired blending powers Yay!
        sigpic

Comment

Ta-da! Have just redone the Grace sig and also the CotG pushing through the Stargate one where I was really unhappy I couldn't blend too - look how much better they look!

I like blending

Edit: and now I'm going to bed... enough gimpage for one day!
          sigpic

Comment

They look wonderful! Well done! I'd say you had a great gimpage day today

Anyone know how to use the gradient button? I want to put a colour gradient on a background but I can't figure out how to.....wait......just thought of something......d'oh! How stupid! It's a click and drag Never mind.

*slinks back to corner*
            Last edited by Oma-1; 25 April 2008, 03:07 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

jumble65's new penguin sig reminded me of another GIMP brush that I ran across that is perfect for shippers.

It's a penguin brush. Really, really cute too.

http://schematization.deviantart.com...-Gimp-68550339

Comment

Those are fantastic! Thanks! You wouldn't happen to know of any good fish ones would you?? *hopeful grin*

Edit: Don't worry - I binned the google search and just searched deviant art - I found loads!
                Last edited by Oma-1; 25 April 2008, 03:54 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Those are fantastic! Thanks! You wouldn't happen to know of any good fish ones would you?? *hopeful grin*

D'oh! I couldn't figure out why you would want fish and then I remembered....

Fishing!!!!!

Here is an Asian design brush that has some koi fish: Asian design brush

Other fish:

Tropical fish brush

Cartoon fish brush

Not fish, but still could be shippy - Dogtags brush: Dogtags brush

For anyone who uses GIMP and needs brushes, here is the link to all of the GIMP brushes at deviant art: GIMP brushes - deviant art

Comment

Thanks Melora
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                      Woohoo! Thanks to the wonderful Oma, I have finally successfully blended images!

*little dance of joy*

Now nothing can stop me
                      Ta-da! Have just redone the Grace sig and also the CotG pushing through the Stargate one where I was really unhappy I couldn't blend too - look how much better they look!

I like blending

Edit: and now I'm going to bed... enough gimpage for one day!
                      WTG Josiane! They're all brilliant
                      Oma is so good at explaining things isn't she? ((((Oma))))

Originally posted by Melora View Post
                      jumble65's new penguin sig reminded me of another GIMP brush that I ran across that is perfect for shippers.

Nabbed it, thanks!

D'oh! I couldn't figure out why you would want fish and then I remembered....

Fishing!!!!!

Here is an Asian design brush that has some koi fish: Asian design brush

Other fish:

Tropical fish brush

Cartoon fish brush

Not fish, but still could be shippy - Dogtags brush: Dogtags brush

For anyone who uses GIMP and needs brushes, here is the link to all of the GIMP brushes at deviant art: GIMP brushes - deviant art
                      And all the fishes too! Thanks!

Comment

I need gimp help... I'm having difficulty blending images. I tried the tute that someone posted here a few pages ago (sorry, can't remember who!) but I can't get it to work! When I add the second image into the overlay layer and try to blend it, the second image just goes white. Can't seem to work out how to get it to show the actual image - have been fiddling with transparency etc but nothing works Can anyone help? I'm probably just being really stupid here...
                        Can anyone tell me how to do this in PS?
                        sigpic

Comment

They look wonderful! Well done! I'd say you had a great gimpage day today
                          Thanks! I did - feeling quite proud of myself And it's all down to you! ((((Oma))))

Cool, thanks for all the brushes Melora! That's my next gimp challenge now I've got blending and textures down - learning brushes

Originally posted by jumble65 View Post
                          WTG Josiane! They're all brilliant
                          Oma is so good at explaining things isn't she? ((((Oma))))
                          Thanks! And she is!
                          sigpic

Comment

Please stop! Im getting all

Seriously, I'm just happy to help
                            sigpic

Comment

This is my favorite thing I made in my last livejournal post.

Some icons and banners can also be found there.

Comment

Edit: Don't worry - I binned the google search and just searched deviant art - I found loads!
                                I'm having trouble with the fish one by Silenoth, keep getting 'file is corrupt'
                                I've downloaded it twice, but it won't work. The cartoon fish one works ok. Do you know of any other fish one's I could try?

Comment

Working...
                                X