X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the tut Lili

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
    *Runs in* Did someone say...Grunge!? Sweet! *fist pump*

First, you need some brilliant textures. Princess-of-Shadows hasn't made a texture yet that I didn't love. She also does some tuts.

Now, you need brilliant brushes. Try Obsidian Dawn. She's great.

*gets distracted by all the brushes...*
    I love those stuff. Princess-of-Shadows and Obsidian Dawn were some of the first textures/brushes I downloaded. (and the reason I'm an addict )

I also recommend sirius_sdz for textures. There are some amazing stuff there.

Originally posted by Rachel-Kree View Post
    Thanks Jumble i was going to save with 'needs' but i don't know, my head for a second got confused ... yes i'm putting Todd, wolsey doesn't know how to play that game

the I SUPPORT TODD wallpaper just click in the thumbnail ...i was just playing with some snurched stuff from the tuts
    http://s443.photobucket.com/albums/q...rrent=todd.jpg
    hehe *hugs Todd*

I'll support him. Love the wp! Great colors

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    Awesome wp Rachel! I really love your use of colour

I've finally made a challenge sig And it's sooo ridiculously simple I almost feel embarrassed to write a tut for it, it took me 30 minutes and I've done nothing fancy whatsoever to it But I did use Rachel's texture, which is utterly gorgeous

Tut:
    Spoiler:
    1. Open a new canvas 600x190 px.
    2. Paste in the pic of Sam and Jack fishing on a new layer.
    3. Add Rachel's clouds texture on top and set to screen at about 70% I resized the texture to be 600px wide and used the top part of it.
    4. Add the text - fonts Americana and Beyond Wonderland
    5. Add a new layer above the cloud texture layer and below the text layers. Add a splatter swirl brush on it behind the text (I've lost the link, but it's from the set Eve linked to earlier this week. Set this layer to overlay at about 75%. The brush slightly went over Sam's face, so I used a fuzzy brush as an eraser to remove the bits that went over.
    6. Fiddle with the positioning of the text to make it all look nice
    7. Merge all layers except the background (which should still be white)
    8. Use the rectangle select tool with rounded corners (at 10px) to select all round the sig, then select-invert and cut the outside, to give the sig rounded edges. Et voila, fini!

It amazing Josi. Don't be shy cause it's simple, it doesn't need anything else.

Welcome humanityspotential. Lovely siggie.
    sigpic

Comment

Hey guys! I was bored last night and decided to get a LJ account! So naturally I attempted to make a banner for it. It's a little weird, but I'm workin' on it.

Originally posted by humanityspotential View Post
      I've just been through the last 30 pages or so of this thread and it is MIND BLOWING!! You are all supremely talented people!!

I'm now suffering the same affliction as leiasky in that I've just spent a good deal of my morning downloading brushes and textures.

I was inspired by everyone to make this
      http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/s...l/samjack1.jpg
      Ohh I love this! The light effect thinger is awesome!
      Too cool for a signature.

Comment

*waves* Welcome humanityspotential! nice sig

I *will* finish my other siggie and show y'all it's not even that good but I want it to work - plus I love the quote
        sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

This thread is a great way of killing entire weeks at a time - you read just one page and wind up with seventeen tuts, half a dozen sites with brushes, textures and stock images to download, and enough inspiration to keep you going for a month! AND you have answers on tap pretty much 24/7 - it's awesome Welcome, humanityspotential!!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
            LuvnJack. . . I've spent the last 30 min downloading brushes and textures. It's YOUR fault I'm getting no work done today!
            Dang! I forgot to add my disclaimer! Not responsible for any artistic squees which issue from your mouth upon seeing/downloading the goodies! Not responsible for massive amounts of memory you will use on your hard drive downloading said goodies! Also not responsible for enormous amounts of work piling up on your desk as you stare at and/or download goodies!

I've just been through the last 30 pages or so of this thread and it is MIND BLOWING!! You are all supremely talented people!!

I'm now suffering the same affliction as leiasky in that I've just spent a good deal of my morning downloading brushes and textures.

Wooooooo! I like it! Great use of that pic! And WELCOME!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hbt123 View Post
              Hey guys! I was bored last night and decided to get a LJ account! So naturally I attempted to make a banner for it. It's a little weird, but I'm workin' on it.
              http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...LJbanner-1.jpg
              I love this!! and you got a LJ account and you don't even link us to it so we can friend you??? gah!!! linkie plz??? yes???

Comment

Love the Banner Rose! very Pretty
                off to bed now, 2hrs of stats in the morning
                sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Josiane - I love the sig, it is really beautiful the way that you have used the texture and thanks for the tut... don't be shy and reveal your tricks

Hello everyone! The snow has finally MELTED and the SUN is out today! *frolicks around outside*

Whoops! Didn't realize, sorry about that!

I meant the 'The other side' one. :3
                  ok i guess i can do it again but i don't wanna promisse... i'll try it later then maybe tomorrow i'll make a tut...

WELCOME to the family and your artwork is BEAUTIFUL really nice and different style...i like it

hbt123 - beautiful artwork
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                    I love this!! and you got a LJ account and you don't even link us to it so we can friend you??? gah!!! linkie plz??? yes???
                    >< How silly of me!

http://hbt123.livejournal.com/
                    Too cool for a signature.

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                      Oh, you can say that.

And look, what I found last night while going through SG folders.

I couldn't post it in Awards thread, bc it was made more than a year ago, before the Art thread.

There's a pic of dog tags I've seen being used in artwork, could someone post it, please? I'd like to use it, but have no idea where to look for it.
                      Is this the pic you mean?
                      Hmm...It seems PB is resizing my stuff again...
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

>< How silly of me!

http://hbt123.livejournal.com/
                        I friended you. Your page is very pretty indeed!!

Now I'm sad. My LiveJournal page is ugly and I don't know the least bit about making it all pretty like all of my friends do. I'm the ugly duckling!!

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                          [snip]
                          Although I can't find on how to change the resolution when you already have set it...I am sure there must be a way but I am not seeing it...anyone want to help me out??

[more snippage to save space]
                          I'm still playing catch up in this thread so maybe you already got an answer to this. But in my version of PS (CS3) you can change the image resolution by selecting Image Size from the Image menu option at the top of the PS window. The short cut to Image Size is Alt+Ctrl+i.

And can I also say that I'm in total awe of all the phenomenal artwork posted here in the last week while I was away. (There's way too many to quote here.) Oh all the new tutorials to try! Ooooo so many new inspiring pieces to gawk at! *happy happy happy dance*

Way to go everyone!
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks Jumble i was going to save with 'needs' but i don't know, my head for a second got confused ... yes i'm putting Todd, wolsey doesn't know how to play that game

the I SUPPORT TODD wallpaper just click in the thumbnail ...i was just playing with some snurched stuff from the tuts
                            http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq157/RachelCristiany/Stargate%20Stuff/Wallpapers/th_todd.jpg
                            WooHoood! Go Todd! I love Todd too

Soooo many wonderful artworks, too many to quote

Welcome HP lovely sig

Josiane simple but very effective I didn't know textures could be such fun

Um, and Everyone I've missed, brilliant work and tuts GimPS

Comment

i was playing with PS and i wanted to make a different style, i don't know if it makes sense but here it is... i tried to use the 'unsharp mask' like Jasmina always does... but i think i did it too much sharpen...

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q...ay-with-me.jpg
                              I think this looks great rachel

great work!!!

lil thanks so much for the tut
                              sigpic
                              Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

Originally posted by Solo View Post
                                I just tested it and it's working fine here

D'oh, quoted the wrong post Thanks for the link to this Solo! I've been attempting the Gimp version of this occasionally for a couple of years, but could make neither head nor tail of the tut. When I finally managed to follow it from beginning to end, the pic didn't look any different at all *grrrr*. This looks like the same method, but written in English, with less steps and far more understandable Thanks!!!!

You must have read my mind, this was the tut I wanted the most out of your latest fab icons

Originally posted by Solo View Post
                                Just dropping off a challenge sig - done in a rush at work because I had the perfect quote from Emma to use, but nowhere near enough time or mojo (I'm like Anne Shirley - can't write without the right pen; or in this case, do sigs without the right computer) to do it justice:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3350/...d58f5254_o.jpg
                                Well, if that's the "rushed-job-on-the-wrong-computer-with-no-mojo" version I can't imagine how great the picture in your head must have looked I really love the effect, and the fonts and background are awesome

Originally posted by josiane View Post

((((UhSir)))) Can't wait to see it! Also can't believe I'm gonna miss Valenship Have to go to a friend's wedding all day. Ah well, I'll enjoy reading it all the next day.

Jas and Fainne, fantastic artworks and thanks for the tuts! And Solo, awesome challenge sig. You know, I still don't like Jane Austen, but I can't deny she's provided some pretty fab quotes for this week's challenge!
                                No!!!! Hope you get chance to at least drop in and say hi at somepoint.

Wait! You don't like Jane Austen? But..but....but....you're a Librarian! I thought it was mandatory!!!

i was playing with PS and i wanted to make a different style, i don't know if it makes sense but here it is... i tried to use the 'unsharp mask' like Jasmina always does... but i think i did it too much sharpen...

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q...ay-with-me.jpg
                                Oh I don't know, looks pretty amazing to me! Love the quote on it too

Thanks Jumble. i was going to save with 'needs' but i don't know, my head for a second got confused ... yes i'm putting Todd, wolsey doesn't know how to play that game

[URL=http://s443.photobucket.com/albums/qq157/RachelCristiany/Stargate%20Stuff/Wallpapers/?action=view&current=todd.jpg]http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q...todd.jpg[/IMG]
                                ROFL! It's great Rachel Love the effects on it, it's like your Todd sig, looks awesome

Welcome to the GimPS Family A true sign of membership is the complete inability to stop dl-ing brushes, textures and fonts

Love your sig too, fantastic effects on there

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...LJbanner-1.jpg

Ohh I love this! The light effect thinger is awesome!
                                Oooooooh! Pretty! I love the textures and light effect thinger *begs for tut*

Lili - I love the background texture on your Dr Who sig! Thanks for the tut (which enabled me to snurch it) *grins*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X