The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, now in spoilers!

Oma thanks for the link - will look at that later. I definately have to take some time to work out Gimp - there's so much better effects on it than PSP7. I'm particularly intruiged by the texture Sarai used on her imitation sig...
    ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

Ohhhh.... lots of awesome new stuff.

You know those challenge things are starting to scare me in how much they look like the original.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
        Oh we're allowed to post them! I thought it was supersekrit... Well, here are my attempts at Luvnjack's style - less colourful than the originals on Oma's suggestion (and having looked at LJ's sigs, less colourful is more like her).

(Text from "With or Without You" by U2.)

(Text from "Under Pressure" by David Bowie.)
        Awesome sigs LiliJ! and great Job with the quotes!!! i love those songs ... 'the joshua tree' of U2 was the first cd i bought ... Under Pressure in the version of Joss Stone is good too
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel-Kree View Post
          I was making a sig to a friend of mine, but i hated it ... i was trying but my style seems not to fix in it ....

[urltp://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq157/RachelCristiany/Stargate%20Stuff/Banners_Sigs/lostsoul.jpg[/url]
          You hate it?

Tell you what, you make your friend another, and I'll take care of that one for you

Seriously, I'm sure your friend will love it, it looks fantastic!
          sigpic

Comment

*shudders* I'm not too fond of her style, but it would be interesting to see what she did with it. I like Keane's cover best - it's really close to the original but smoother and more echoey. I preferred it when I was younger, but now I like the edginess of the original.

EDIT: Bother, I didn't get in there quick enough! If you don't like it, I'd be prepared to take it off your hands...
            ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
              Solo already linked to the gradient tut. If something isn't clear there ask away.

For the clone tool.

1. Select the tool and the size of the brush
              2. Hold "Alt" and click on the place that you wanna clone from.
              3. Release "Alt" and then click on the place you wanna clone on.

I can do a more detailed tut with pics if you want, but it'll probably have to wait till tomorrow.
              You see, that sounds so simple, yet whenever I've tried it I somehow get it wrong A tut would be great whenever you have time

Comment

They're all awesome!! Loving the U2 and Queen ones, two of my fav songs!! Sadly my beloved laptop has just died so until Dell fix or replace it I am sans photoshop - doubt they've made a version for the iPhone just yet but my sigwas starting to fall into place so am v frustrated now!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                  You hate it?

Tell you what, you make your friend another, and I'll take care of that one for you

Seriously, I'm sure your friend will love it, it looks fantastic!
                  He said that he likes it ... he is from Stargate Forum Brazil ... so you can 'take care' of this one for you
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
                    Ok, now in spoilers!

Oma thanks for the link - will look at that later. I definately have to take some time to work out Gimp - there's so much better effects on it than PSP7. I'm particularly intruiged by the texture Sarai used on her imitation sig...
                    Just a simple paper texture and some brushes my friend, but feel free to tromp on over to the Gimp camp!! It's good, wholesome free fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel-Kree View Post
                      I was making a sig to a friend of mine, but i hated it ... i was trying but my style seems not to fix in it ....

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/lostsoul.jpg
                      But...but...that's gorgeous!!!

Comment

*punches Gimp and cries like a baby*

Ugh!!! I can't do it!! I just can't!!! *wanders off muttering about stupid challenges...*
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

WoW! All of the challenge sigs look GREAT!

{{{KIM}}} You'll get it. You just have to break through the wall. LOL
                          Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
                          You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

*hands Kim a sledgehammer*

Let me know if that works, because I've got a total block as well

Comment

*huggles Kim and Jumble*

Stick with it ladies, it comes eventually...I was staring at my screen for a full 45 mins before I came up with mine...

Comment

HELP!

I need a pic of Divide and Conquer staring through the energy barrier moment. I have the one from SG Screencaps DOT com but that one doesn't have the barrier between them. Please please tell me someone has it??

Comment

Working...
                                X