The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(((((Jumbe)))))
    Love that your sig, thanks for posting how to do it. Need try to do something tomorrow

Originally Posted by Aveo_amacus
    No Aveo's great, I call me Aveo sometimes when referring to myself in the third person...
    Lol, i usually call me Kitten
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
      Nice sigs Lili and Blacky Kitten!
      nice Icons Jumble!
      Thanks

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      Yep their artwork is awesome....I don't even know how to use gimp or paintshop pro
      Neither did most of us a few weeks ago Its amazing how quickly we've all progressed with help from the more experienced artists on here

LiliJ, didn't you say, what, about three weeks ago, that you would never be able to make a sig? And now look at what you did

Comment

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
        Has anyone got a pic of just the lake-house in Minnesota? Want to use it as a background.

something like that?

Comment

Aw that's sweet Jumble, thanks!

But I call her Kitty!

Thanks! With the lake in would be better though, if possible..
          ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
            Thanks

Neither did most of us a few weeks ago Its amazing how quickly we've all progressed with help from the more experienced artists on here

LiliJ, didn't you say, what, about three weeks ago, that you would never be able to make a sig? And now look at what you did
            Um i totally sucked at art in school I've got no imagination to speak off
            sigpic

Comment

With me it's similar - 'cept I have too much imagination for my own good! I can imagine the sigs/wps perfectly (and they look great) but somehow when I try to re-create that I fail! Ah well.

Comment

Ok I've put Lili's words in, tell me what you think
                http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n.../samjack1b.jpg
                That's beautiful Aveo! Love the feathering effect, makes it look so romantic

*sobs weakly*

I give up, I really do!

I only have plain old PaintShopPro
                LiliJ, have you ever looked at Gimp?

Um i totally sucked at art in school I've got no imagination to speak off
                Art in school? I was useless! I'm a Leo, we're supposed to be artistic and creative, but I never have been (unless you count painting the house ) so I never thought I could do any of this stuff! You never know until the try, and Gimp is free to download, so what have you got to lose? You can just play around with it and see how you go. And as for imagination, well looking through pics of Jack usually suggests something to me

Comment

If you call me Kitty i will think of myself as Kitty
                  Another one gorgeous pic of Jack's cabin
                  sigpic

Comment

That's beautiful Aveo! Love the feathering effect, makes it look so romantic

Art in school? I was useless! I'm a Leo, we're supposed to be artistic and creative, but I never have been (unless you count painting the house ) so I never thought I could do any of this stuff! You never know until the try, and Gimp is free to download, so what have you got to lose?
                    I might give it a go one day when i've more time...Maybe on my next holidays...Well i'm a cancerian,don't think we're supposed to be artistic Dunno what we're supposed to be good at....

Well i've got gimp downloaded and i've got paintshop pro XI

I can't even paint the walls of bedroom
                    sigpic

Comment

Art in school? I was useless! I'm a Leo, we're supposed to be artistic and creative, but I never have been (unless you count painting the house ) so I never thought I could do any of this stuff! You never know until the try, and Gimp is free to download, so what have you got to lose?
                      Not allowed to download it

What are you talking about Jumbly? You are amazingly creative! Just look at your brilliant sigs, wps and icons! (((((Jumble)))))

EDIT: May I play? I'm a Libra! I'm supposed to be balanced and I'm always falling over!

Comment

Not allowed to download it
                        Oh, yeah, sorry I do remember you saying that. That's a real shame, because I'm sure you would do really well with it Maybe one day

What are you talking about Jumbly? You are amazingly creative! Just look at your brilliant sigs, wps and icons! (((((Jumble)))))
                        That's what I'm saying, it took Gimp and S/J to bring out the creative side I never knew I had

EDIT: May I play? I'm a Libra! I'm supposed to be balanced and I'm always falling over!
                        ROFL! (((((LiliJ)))))
                        And Cancerians are supposed to be good homemakers, and that takes creativity, believe me

Comment

Oh, yeah, sorry I do remember you saying that. That's a real shame, because I'm sure you would do really well with it Maybe one day

That's what I'm saying, it took Gimp and S/J to bring out the creative side I never knew I had

ROFL! (((((LiliJ)))))
                          And Cancerians are supposed to be good homemakers, and that takes creativity, believe me
                          We are???!!Wow, I missed that boat!

*Tries to think of something on-topic* Um...I'm having lots of fun playing with my brushes as erasers. Lots of fun if you mess with the opacity!
                          sigpic

Comment

here Lili is this what you meant?

Aries! we're supposed to be headstrong and stubborn, so that'll be check check
                            sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Um really??? Well that is the complete opposite of me then....If you saw the state of my room you'd understand....It's an organised clutter
                              sigpic

Comment

Um i was wondering if anyone would be interested in making a Sam/Jack sig for me....I'm artistically challenged so i can't make them myself
                                I can make one Linda if you want, but you'd proabably be better waiting for Oma, her's are so pretty,
                                or get everyone to make you one and use imagerotate
                                if you want me to do you one just PM me

Thanks on the sig advice guys! (((((hugs))))) off to play with it some more
                                much more fun than revision
                                Lol, I was going to offer, but I see both Oma and Aveo beat me to it! But I'll do you one too if you want more than one, just pm me

CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST SIGS
                                BLACKY KITTEN & LILIJ!!!

Both awesome!

See how easy it is once you get going and get tips and help from the gimp gurus? Awesome to have some more artists in the family!

Ok, so this not going to be nearly as professional a tut as others do, because I tend to just play around with stuff till it looks ok, and then forget what I did (You can blame Oma for that, she told me to experiment ((((((((Oma)))))))) )

Perfect Couple sig

<snip>

(See how cleverly I avoided being tagged for that one? )
                                Awesome tut Jumble, thanks! I wanted to know how you did that lighting effect and now I know Will have to try it out myself sometime.

So who do you tag now?
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X