No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AA, your sig looks great! I was on hubby's laptop this morning, and I think his screen does funny things with the colours....the bottom bit looked like an almost solid white line, yet now I can see it's a) not white and b) a really soft effect!

I like your other sigs too AA, I love the one you did with the promotion shots and the flag So don't hesitate to offer your services to make other people sigs!
    sigpic

Comment

Hi all, haw i can do vertical text in Gimp?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        Um i was wondering if anyone would be interested in making a Sam/Jack sig for me....I'm artistically challenged so i can't make them myself
        You've come to the right place Linda, the ladies here are great!
        Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Aveo... How do you resivze a new pic?

Cos I want to resize a pic so I can use it as a background for a sig.

EDIT: never mind - worked out a way! Expect a lot of this!
          Last edited by LiliJ; 02 June 2008, 08:32 AM.
          ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

Originally posted by Blacky Kitten View Post
            Yup. Just type in your text, then go to Layer, transform. There's all sorts of options for rotating the text layer. I usually go for 90 degrees counter-clockwise. If you want all the letters to be right-side-up, then you'll have to do it one letter at a time (at least, that's how I do it...anyone else have a different way?). For example, if I wanted This:

J
            A
            C
            K

I would pick my font, size, color, and location, then type in the J, anchor or merge that layer and go on to the A. Make sense?
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks, luvnjack!

My first work with Gimp. Huh, i even like it

sigpic

Comment

Aw that's cute! I love that moment! Well done kitty (which is what I have decided to call you, hope you don't mind!). (((((kitty))))))

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                  Yup. Just type in your text, then go to Layer, transform. There's all sorts of options for rotating the text layer. I usually go for 90 degrees counter-clockwise. If you want all the letters to be right-side-up, then you'll have to do it one letter at a time (at least, that's how I do it...anyone else have a different way?). For example, if I wanted This:

J
                  A
                  C
                  K

I would pick my font, size, color, and location, then type in the J, anchor or merge that layer and go on to the A. Make sense?
                  Alternatively you can type in J, hit 'return' on the keyboard, then type in A, hit 'return' again and so on

And if it doesn't end up in quite the right place, you can move it by using the 'move' icon which looks like a plus sign, open tool options and select 'move the active layer', click on your text and move it to where you want it. Hope that makes sense, these things take longer to explain than to actually do

More MOP icons

Comment

Thanks, luvnjack!

http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.p...pictureid=3462
                    That's great, really good for a first effort, well done In fact, that would be really good for someone with much more experience

And Tangent.......one of my fave eps.

Comment

Thanks, luvnjack!

First sig?

Comment

I love your new icons Jumble! I've run out of witty things to say with mine...

Comment

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
                          I love your new icons Jumble! I've run out of witty things to say with mine...
                          Lol! Yes, it does tax the brain to come up with something good in not too many words That's why I just went for 'Confirmation' on the wedding one

Comment

Thanks, luvnjack!

Awesome first time!!

Comment

Ah that's always a good one! Currently working on MY first sig... going well so far *touch wood*

Comment

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
                                Ah that's always a good one! Currently working on MY first sig... going well so far *touch wood*
                                Good for you! I'm sure it will turn out great Just remember to save it often, so if you're not happy you can go back and change things. And I wish someone had told me that when I first started, would have saved me a lot of time

Comment

Working...
                                X