The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok so much for that,
    I've done it in 3 sizes which is the best, or shall I leave it with out it??

sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Lol Aveo, I know what you mean, I said I was going to bed about 15 minutes ago...

Hmm, I think I do like the sig with the third pic in it, seems to balance it out better. I like the second one best I think

And good luck for your exam! (((Aveo)))
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Aveo, very nice I would prefer the small one. It's better than an empty space but not disturbing

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
          Jumble, I pm'ed 4 of my MOP sigs to luvnjack last week, but I can PM them to you too if you want.
          Yes, pm them to me, I'll make sure I don't double-post them

Well I was going to say leave it alone, its great, but having seen it with the extra pic, I have to say I agree with Josiane, the second one is best. And well done, its superb

Comment

Um i was wondering if anyone would be interested in making a Sam/Jack sig for me....I'm artistically challenged so i can't make them myself
            sigpic

Comment

I finally got around to using a color gradiant. However, it seems Gimp didn't save my last few changes correctly. Hmmmm.... Oh well.

sigpic

Comment

Jumble - I meant the second one, but I like the effects on the first one too, so whichever, we'll tag you for the other one another time

Love all your new icons too They're great I promise to try to make some soon...squints at diary....oh boy....

Aveo - I like the 2nd one of the 3 with the extra pic in it I'd be tempted to try moving the white strip at the bottom down a bit so it's level with the top of the text...or maybe just make it blend more ...or if it was to help the text so up better, you could try putting a white/pale drop shadow behind the text to bring it out instead of the line....or just completely ignore me cos it still looks great anyway

Lies - Thanks for the tut! Between the ones you posted and the one Jann posted, I'm gonna have to try all these different lights and blends in Gimp and see what happens I don't really understand how they work, but at least I've got some tips now and I know what supposed to happen when I use them

Linda - I'll happily make you a sig, although it's gonna be Thursday before I have chance to do it, this week's kinda crazy. Just pm me.

Luvnjack - Those colour gradients make a huge difference don't they Oh, I forgot to PM you the postcards I made Will do it now.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                  Jumble - I meant the second one, but I like the effects on the first one too, so whichever, we'll tag you for the other one another time

Love all your new icons too They're great I promise to try to make some soon...squints at diary....oh boy....

Aveo - I like the 2nd one of the 3 with the extra pic in it I'd be tempted to try moving the white strip at the bottom down a bit so it's level with the top of the text...or maybe just make it blend more ...or if it was to help the text so up better, you could try putting a white/pale drop shadow behind the text to bring it out instead of the line....or just completely ignore me cos it still looks great anyway

Lies - Thanks for the tut! Between the ones you posted and the one Jann posted, I'm gonna have to try all these different lights and blends in Gimp and see what happens I don't really understand how they work, but at least I've got some tips now and I know what supposed to happen when I use them

Linda - I'll happily make you a sig, although it's gonna be Thursday before I have chance to do it, this week's kinda crazy. Just pm me.

Luvnjack - Those colour gradients make a huge difference don't they Oh, I forgot to PM you the postcards I made Will do it now.
                  Okey dokey, I'll get on it tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                    Um i was wondering if anyone would be interested in making a Sam/Jack sig for me....I'm artistically challenged so i can't make them myself
                    Hehe me too! They're all so nice, I'll bet anyone will make one for you! I'm actually attempting one myself now (with Aveo's help - good luck on your exam by the way! (((((Aveo))))).) so there will be much laughter on this thread if I ever finish!
                    ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
                      Hehe me too! They're all so nice, I'll bet anyone will make one for you! I'm actually attempting one myself now (with Aveo's help - good luck on your exam by the way! (((((Aveo))))).) so there will be much laughter on this thread if I ever finish!
                      Don't be afraid! I have never seen gimp before coming here and my lack of graphic feeling causes me headache, but if you choose some great pics (S/J have only great pics ) and start with something easier, you will be surprised. I am always surprised that it looks quiet good althought I am not getting close to this great gimpers (or ps) like Oma

Comment

I can make one Linda if you want, but you'd proabably be better waiting for Oma, her's are so pretty,
                        or get everyone to make you one and use imagerotate
                        if you want me to do you one just PM me

Thanks on the sig advice guys! (((((hugs))))) off to play with it some more
                        much more fun than revision
                        Last edited by Aveo_amacus; 02 June 2008, 05:25 AM.
                        sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
                          I can make on Linda if you want, but you'd proabably be better waiting for Oma, her's are so pretty,
                          or get everyone to make you one and use imagerotate
                          if you want me to do you one just PM me

Thanks on the sig advice guys! (((((hugs))))) off to play with it some more
                          much more fun than revision
                          I concur! Of course I may not be thinking so in my maths exam later today...
                          ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

ok I went with the middle size, Oma I tried moving the line bit at the bottom down too - I can't get PaintShop to let me drop shadow
                            sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Hey, don't talk yourself out of your confidence SeNedra! A lot of the time the simpler ones are the best....and I really love your grace one with the text

You also have to remember that I've been making stuff for over 3 years now...think where you're gonna be 3 years down the line!
                              sigpic

Comment

chelle! thanks for explaining gradients I finally get it!!
                                even though it's different in the program I'm using it finally makes sense!
                                ((((chelle))))
                                sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X