The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
    Sam with long hair try at the http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=39730&page=83 somewhere from that page to the end. If you can't find something there, it doesn't exist. (I hope Jumper won't mind)

As for AoT, as long as it doesn't show spoilers from the movie, it should be ok.
    oh SQUEEE Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Now some pretty ones of Jack and I'm good to go(hint hint)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post

Go for the posts made by Jumper_One it will be easier.

For Jack try the thunk thread...or ask Jumble
      sigpic

Comment

ooh I like all the icons and sigs that are posted!

But now I have a question...for y'all... I want to make a sig atm...with a good picture of Sam with long hair...but I really have trouble finding a good one...so the question is...post a good picture of Sam with long hair(so Jann can make an signature outta it)

oh and 2...is it allowed to use pictures from the AoT in your signature?
        Q1 Uh, sorry, I don't have any good pics of sam with long hair down....yet

Q2 Yep, as long as you put it in spoiler tags.
        sigpic

Comment

Here's another one of Sam from Gateworld.

Can only find ones of AT with hair loose, not Sam, but you might be able to play with them. 1st one spoilered for size

Spoiler:

Last edited by Jumble; 21 April 2008, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Ohhh, good idea for a thread. Always new stuff to learn. I will browse it later (when I'm not at work ). I use PS also, LOVE IT.

And an artistis eye?? Nope, don't have it. My secret is just try and try and try, till something turns out nice

And, when you're new: start with using tutorials, you learn a lot. But when you know your programme, don't follow tutorials step by step anymore, just try yourself. I only use a tut now when I see something I really like and want to know how to do it. Or sometimes little parts of a tut, cause the original maker had this great idea I just HAVE to use

And I have lots of links to textures and brushes, and I mean LOTS. But they are on my computer at home. Will post later
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
              Ohhh, good idea for a thread. Always new stuff to learn. I will browse it later (when I'm not at work ). I use PS also, LOVE IT.

And an artistis eye?? Nope, don't have it. My secret is just try and try and try, till something turns out nice

And, when you're new: start with using tutorials, you learn a lot. But when you know your programme, don't follow tutorials step by step anymore, just try yourself. I only use a tut now when I see something I really like and want to know how to do it. Or sometimes little parts of a tut, cause the original maker had this great idea I just HAVE to use

And I have lots of links to textures and brushes, and I mean LOTS. But they are on my computer at home. Will post later
              yay Lies has texture links, I love your textures, so be sure to share them... I love textures..

By any change you don't have any brushes with text on (and I don't mean a font) I really lack that

Also maybe we can do a tutorial together one time, I mean to see how different we can be Remeber the time we did it Lies

Comment

*grins evily*

okay people next question...and I know I ask lazy questions...but hey it's probably also fun for y'all

I am in need of new fonts... And I'm to lazy to search on Dafont.com for good ones...did that once...well...Im to lazy for it

so I want y'all to post your top 3 of fav fonts(linkies) so I can probably use them too...or just a font that you like a lot...
                (hey I said I was lazy)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
                  mov (Quicktime) files cannot be imported into WMM. I believe you have to convert them first into a WMM capable format (like wmv). You can use Quicktime Pro to do this if you have it.

Another option is to download a free converter that does this. Bink Smack is one that is recommended, but I found that a lot of quality is lost in the conversion process. You might want to give it a try though.

http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm

I have also used Xilidoft mov converter and I liked it a lot. The only problem is that the free trial only converts short clips (3 minutes max).

http://www.xilisoft.com/mov-converter.html

Someone else might know of another converter program that works better than these.
                  Another good converter is Super. It converts nearly everything!
                  sigpic

Comment

Go for the posts made by Jumper_One it will be easier.

For Jack try the thunk thread...or ask Jumble
                    Huh? What are you implying? I mean, I've only got about, um, er, well about 1800 pics of Jack........

Comment

*grins evily*

okay people next question...and I know I ask lazy questions...but hey it's probably also fun for y'all

I am in need of new fonts... And I'm to lazy to search on Dafont.com for good ones...did that once...well...Im to lazy for it

so I want y'all to post your top 3 of fav fonts(linkies) so I can probably use them too...or just a font that you like a lot...
                      (hey I said I was lazy)
                      A few of my faves:

http://www.dafont.com/olho-de-boi.font
                      http://www.dafont.com/journal.font
                      http://www.dafont.com/bleeding-cowboys.font

All on www.dafont.com, my happy place.
                      sigpic

Comment

oooooh thanks Mary(right name right? I'm a little bit weird with names today)
                        Also love the new sig...working on a Jack sig atm as well...

And Jumble give me some of your Fav Jack ones then If you only have 1800 pictures...
                        I have atm 6392 pictures of SG on my computer to photoshop with(I mean then screencaps, promo pictures and pictures from the last few conventions)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble65 View Post
                          Huh? What are you implying? I mean, I've only got about, um, er, well about 1800 pics of Jack........
                          Only 1800. I'm disapointed Jumble.

Fonts

The King and Queen font
                          Caribbean Island
                          Brushed

I also use all the fonts that start with KR ... in the backround, they have some very nice flowers, angels, hearts...
                          Last edited by jasminaGo; 21 April 2008, 11:45 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh, that Journal font is very nice!!

OK, some stuff I use.

First, almost everything I use is credited in my LJ. So, browse to those links and you'll find a bunch of cool stuff.

My most favourite large textures are from Hybrid Genesis, but mostly the old textures and I think those are taken off the site. Textura and Radiance also have great textures.

For icon stuff I love most: Haudvafra and Meleada. But I really use lots and lots of stuff. See the credit in my LJ.

Eve, for text, you mean tiny text? I've got all of mine from LJ also, just do a search.

As for blending. I usually blend with the gradient tool. Set to black and white. Works really well (although the feathering Jann mentioned also works nicely).

Fonts I like:
                            Susie's Hand (but I don't know where I found it)
                            WillandGrace
                            Annifont

And of course Angelina and Scriptina (but don't overuse it lol, it's not very original)

Also a very nice site for fonts is 1001 Free Fonts. I think I have over 1000 fonts, I love so many of them! I usually just browse through them and end up with a font from the A's or B's

Lol, enough linkage for now

And Eve, I almost never follow a tutorial anymore, but if you find a cool one, we can do it together. That used to be fun
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                              Oh, that Journal font is very nice!!

OK, some stuff I use.

First, almost everything I use is credited in my LJ. So, browse to those links and you'll find a bunch of cool stuff.

My most favourite large textures are from Hybrid Genesis, but mostly the old textures and I think those are taken off the site. Textura and Radiance also have great textures.

For icon stuff I love most: Haudvafra and Meleada. But I really use lots and lots of stuff. See the credit in my LJ.

Eve, for text, you mean tiny text? I've got all of mine from LJ also, just do a search.

As for blending. I usually blend with the gradient tool. Set to black and white. Works really well (although the feathering Jann mentioned also works nicely).

Fonts I like:
                              Susie's Hand (but I don't know where I found it)
                              WillandGrace
                              Annifont

And of course Angelina and Scriptina (but don't overuse it lol, it's not very original)

Also a very nice site for fonts is 1001 Free Fonts. I think I have over 1000 fonts, I love so many of them! I usually just browse through them and end up with a font from the A's or B's

Lol, enough linkage for now

And Eve, I almost never follow a tutorial anymore, but if you find a cool one, we can do it together. That used to be fun
                              aw thanks for the links Lies

And err my favourite font atm is

desyrel

And Lies, I haven't done a tutorial in ages I really sometimes miss it though but some tutorials are just sometimes too easy. Maybe we should do one with all the thread eh? Any intrest in it??

Comment

Only 1800. I'm disapointed Jumble.

Fonts

The King and Queen font
                                Caribbean Island
                                Brushed

I also use all the fonts that start with KR ... in the backround, they have some very nice flowers, angels, hears...
                                Oh, I love The King & Queen font, too! I've downloaded a couple of the flower fonts, but haven't had the chance to use them (yet).
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X