No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, having a good evening? I wanted to play with gimp tonight but had a nightmare of a day

Spoiler:
    Basically the director on the film has dropped out completely taking the script with her. So me and my production team have to find another script or write one, and IMO I'm not a decent writer. At least I'm no good making things up from scratch. Do any of you have any good short story suggestions? We're looking for something to adapt over the next couple of days. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      Hey guys, having a good evening? I wanted to play with gimp tonight but had a nightmare of a day

Spoiler:
      Basically the director on the film has dropped out completely taking the script with her. So me and my production team have to find another script or write one, and IMO I'm not a decent writer. At least I'm no good making things up from scratch. Do any of you have any good short story suggestions? We're looking for something to adapt over the next couple of days. Any help would be appreciated.

Spoiler:
      Oh wow, If I had any, I'd send them your way. Mine are all longer. I have one I'm working on currently for my Fiction class, but it isn't done.

And I figured out how to use the brush tool on Photoshop! Now if I could just figure out that blur tool and the gradient one.
      Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

(((((Sarai))))) Jeez, so many GimPS having a bad day

Another new sig (well at least its not LotR )

Comment

Thank you so much. These look to be quite extensive and should provide me with hours of work fun.
          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

(((((Sarai))))) What kind of story are you looking for?

Originally posted by jumble View Post

Very nice I'm guessing it's deliberate that it kind of matches Nad's?
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Not that we're trying to confuse anyone *whistles innocently*

Comment

Spoiler:

What kind of story? Like one from a fiction book? Or one we've written? Because if you're looking for a fiction short story, and don't mind going a bit dark, Poe is AWESOME!!!! But if you want one that we wrote, I can't help you.
                sigpic
                Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                  Hey. I haven't been here awhile. Got much to catch up. Um, I made this banner... But I'm not sure. Something seems to be off, don't know what.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...k/weask2-3.jpg

Any suggestions? How's the grammar? Should it be maybe It's all we are asking for/It's all what we ask for? Pretty please?
                  Making another suggestion: It's all we're asking for. But I really like it as is.

Originally posted by Rachel-Kree View Post
                  ****Hello To all!

I wanted to but its complicated cuz no one speak portuguese here... i guess its only me but who speak spanish can read .... if you know a little of spanish you can read this one... is a very simple sig but i like the quote. it's a song [Howie day - Collide] i found a S/J vid on youtube and i love the song.. it inspired me to made this... i guess its the most simple sig i ever made!!!

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...ao/samjack.jpg

Translation:
                  'Even the best fall down sometimes
                  Even the stars refuse to shine
                  Out of the back you fall in time
                  I somehow find, you and I collide
                  '.
                  Yippee! I love it. And I can read it too with a little help.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  What happened, to be honest I have no idea...I think I downloaded something strange...coz after I was done PSing last night my anti-virus and windows defender started to act strangly(finding virusses and all) then I suddenly only had a white background...couldn't change my background anymore...tried to fix that...but my computer was behaving VERY weird so I thought a reboot would help...but...it wouldn't restart anymore...after the windows loading screen I get for a second or 2 a blue screen and poof...it wants to restart...and then the same...I tried a start up recovery, I tried to recover it from a earlier moment..but it all didn't work...so my laptop is at the shop now and they hope that they can repair the thing...(with files) otherwise I'm very much...in problems (since everything from school was also on it and I hadn't made a back up yet...)
                  Oh no! I REALLY hope they can fix your computer and save all of your files. *crosses fingers*
                  sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Sarai Eek!
                    I don't know if it'll help, but I know there are online site where you can purchase scripts. I just don't have any links handy but you could do a search.

You can add me to the list of those having a bad day.
                    Spoiler:
                    I just found out I'll be losing my job soon.
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

OT.

Spoiler:
                      What kind of short story? I'm a scriptwriter.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

(((((Estrela))))) Sorry to hear that, hope you can get another one

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                          (((((Sarai))))) What kind of story are you looking for?

Very nice I'm guessing it's deliberate that it kind of matches Nad's?
                          Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                          What kind of story? Like one from a fiction book? Or one we've written? Because if you're looking for a fiction short story, and don't mind going a bit dark, Poe is AWESOME!!!! But if you want one that we wrote, I can't help you.
                          Originally posted by leiasky View Post

OT.

Spoiler:
                          What kind of short story? I'm a scriptwriter.
                          OT response for those who responded to me!!

Spoiler:
                          The story can be based around anything. The only stipulations being that it has to be 10-12 mins long and for practical reasons must be based in the UK. If its not based in the UK then it must be able to be adapted because as students we really can't afford to travel far to make it!! Apart from that, absolutely anything.

But also, thanks Kim, Poe is good. Although a production team last year made a film based around the Raven...

Thanks for the fast response guys, really panicking here. It's our disseration after all and this girl has totally left us in the lurch

EDIT: ((((((((((Estrela))))))))))

Comment

*huggles others that need it...Sarai, Fainne, estrela and the others *

Love the new artwork!

Oh and you gals are THE BEST! Thanks that you all hope my files are going to be okay.

OT
                            Spoiler:
                            You know what the weirdest is, I don't mind if I loose those approximately 7000 caps of SG1(yeah I counted what I missed) but I'm the most afraid for the school work...which is only from 6 weeks old, while all the caps I collected are from the last 4 months...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...kwithhands.jpg
                              LOL
                              question though...just the mouth?

I love the colors. You're the master at colors aren't you?

And I guess I should be catching up with the entire thread before posting so many replies. Call me a slow learner.

I actually stopped by to offer a wallpaper. It's 1280x800

constructive criticism always appreciated

Oma thanks for providing the instructions for posting thumbnails! It sure came at the right time for me.
                              sigpic

Comment

OT response for those who responded to me!!

Spoiler:
                                The story can be based around anything. The only stipulations being that it has to be 10-12 mins long and for practical reasons must be based in the UK. If its not based in the UK then it must be able to be adapted because as students we really can't afford to travel far to make it!! Apart from that, absolutely anything.

But also, thanks Kim, Poe is good. Although a production team last year made a film based around the Raven...

Thanks for the fast response guys, really panicking here. It's our disseration after all and this girl has totally left us in the lurch

EDIT: ((((((((((Estrela))))))))))
                                OT
                                Spoiler:
                                *gets out complete works of Poe book (the shorts stories, because the stories AND poems book is HUGE) to look for names of stories*

Here's some titles. The Gold Bug, The Murders in the Rue Morgue, The Fall of the House of Usher, The Tell-tale Heart, and The Cask of Amontillado to name a few. These are my personal favorites. Most of them could be in any setting, and Murders, House, and Tell-tale are mostly inside. Cask takes place in catacombs, and Gold Bug takes place mostly outside, if I remember correctly.

Does that help?
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Working...
                                X