No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it's now 5:30am, and I Gimped instead of getting some sleep. Here's my *gasp* 3rd challenge entry. And it's not SHIPpy!!! I actually feel kind of dirty for abandoning (even momentarily) the gutter, because it's kind of angsty!!! I never go to the cavern! I spend all my time on the bus, in the gutter, and on the fluff clouds!!!

And yet I still managed to keep my lace and double borders, lol.

And now I'm really going to go to bed. I swear.
    sigpic
    Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
      Made the challenge and it's definitely different from the others.

WARNING: Continuum and angst!!!!!!!

ttp://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh314/jasminaGo/photoshop/Challenges/th_challenge06.jpg

I'm not sure I like it anymore, but since it's the only thing that came to mind this week, it'll have to do.
      Jas that is the first scene I thought of too. . jump on the angst.

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
      I made Kid!Art This thread sure does turn you away from your pillar of ship

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...assignment.jpg

Too Cute Bekki!

Way way way too many to quote... but all of the artwork looks fab!
      Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
      You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

Kim! Got to bed!!! Great sig, btw But GO TO BED!

That is all

*opens gimp*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
          LOL!!! I wish there was someone I could blame for this. Maybe RDA, for having such a yummy bum.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...ack/bumsig.jpg
          *drools*

Heh, it's so cute.

Thanks guys! And who knew - Gimp is slowly but surely becoming my friend

(and my computer is slowly but surely dying under the strain I have put it thought...poor Spudly )

Ok - to get back to my roots, my pillar, my cavern...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...rgirl/easy.jpg
          Very nice. How did you that great effect? Can you tell is it possible to do with PS?
          sigpic

Comment

You mean the white stuff? I just used one of the "Inner Universe" Gimp brushes (I'm sure there are plenty of pretty PS brushes that look pretty much the same) and used the airbrush tool and held it on for a while, then moved it around a bit, so that it was kinda blurred

Did that make sense?
            sigpic

Comment

You mean the white stuff? I just used one of the "Inner Universe" Gimp brushes (I'm sure there are plenty of pretty PS brushes that look pretty much the same) and used the airbrush tool and held it on for a while, then moved it around a bit, so that it was kinda blurred

Did that make sense?
              Yeah, sure. I just don't know how to do it in PS. But it looks great.
              sigpic

Comment

Ok... after not opening Gimp for AGES... I got this...

(it's a walli... and I never paid attention on how to post them small)

Challenge Walli

I know it NEEDS SOMETHING... maybe some grunge IDK.... but something... more
                Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic

Comment

Kim, the lace isn't going anywhere is it?

Bekki - That sig looks amazing.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ooh, Mada! I love that wallie! You're right, it would look cool with some grunge in it, but I love it just the way it is, too!

And not just because it has my favourite stalker in it either

Goodnight Artworkers I've had lots of fun in here today - thank you!
                    sigpic

Comment

Mada, I love the WP! You could try a grungy texture over top, but it looks great as it is, too!
                      sigpic

Comment

Somebody asked about stamps in Gimp, but I forgot to MQ the post *d'oh*

Anyway, it's really simple. Just use ctrl+shft+c (this will copy all the visible layers) then ctrl+v pastes it as one layer.

If you prefer using the menus, its Edit>Copy Visible then Edit>Paste.

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                        Made the challenge and it's definitely different from the others.

WARNING: Continuum and angst!!!!!!!

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...hallenge06.jpg

I'm not sure I like it anymore, but since it's the only thing that came to mind this week, it'll have to do.
                        Not like it anymore? Well I love it. And I'm kinda glad you did it cos I had a similar idea but I doubt it would have looked this good

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                        Yes, I'm loving the S.H.I.P.py challenge stuff Brilliant work everybody

Just about resurfaced after my marathon thunking screencapping weekend

But I have to say, you didn't tell me the whole truth about LotR did you? I was fully prepared for Aragorn, but nobody warned me about

Eomer
                        or Faramir
                        or Haldir

But it was worth all the stress, I now have 1740 LotR caps to play with

And can anyone tell me how Legolas never runs out of arrows? Elf Magic?

I really had to giggle when he did his 'skateboard' thingy down the steps, the music was just sooooooo PotC Funny though, I never really noticed Orlando before, maybe because Johnny Depp was there?
                        ROFL, nope we didn't I take it you liked the surprise?

BTW, if you liked Orlando in PotC you really gotta check out Kingdom of Heaven I have a copy if you'd like to borrow it....

Originally posted by jumble View Post

Also, do you know Sanctuary premieres on ITV4 tomorrow at 9pm? (in the UK that is)
                        No! I didn't know! Thanks Jumble

luvnjack - *giggles* *breathes* *giggles more*

Love the kid!Art Bekki! ROFL

Mada - dang it! There goes my other idea for the challenge Great pic, btw

This week's challenge is gonna look awesome
                        sigpic

Comment

LOL!

Well you know... Mada can't do anything fun... has to be all angsty and stuff.

Comment

Bekki that's so Awesome!! I think Gimp loves you again!
                            sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Love all the new artwork...but I must say Bekki the Kid!art is hilarious and awesome...poor kiddo!

Also I am suprised at how many angsty artworks there are for this weeks challenge I expected a lot of S.H.I.P. artwork...instead of that!

New sig from Jann(sorry not for challenge), Talion sig:

sigpic

Comment

I'm not a fan of that ep, but awesome sig Jann.

I was iconing tonight, AT and RDA

And this morning I made 50 icons for the Sanctuary challenge, which brought me to 500 Sanctuary icons made. These are the last three.

I know a lot of you guys are affraid of icons (tho' from what I've seen you make, I don't understand why), but there is still time to enter the challenge (around 260 icons are still needed), it doesn't have to be anything fancy or complicated, the color is most important. And the final project will be send to S3M to be seen by Amanda, Martin, Damian...along with the names of all the icon makers.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X