• Show
Clear All

thanks but it seems to me it's a bit too blurry now I see it here *hmmm*

Comment

Love it Fainne
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
        Josi - Why am I not surprised you used that pic in the challenge? Looks great
        Aquagirl - another great sig. I like your style
        New Sanctuary sig
        http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...otoshop/52.jpg
        I seem to be in a blue zone when it comes to Sanctuary work
        Originally posted by Fainne View Post
        amazing

AquaGirl
        brilliant
        Jos great pic you chose for that chellange
        oh.. umm... I have a stupid question. But before I ask it, PROMISE not to throw broccoli at me I know this question is even worse for I am a member of the S.H.I.P. family What was the name and the season of the hippie episode? *runs and hides*
        Thanks you guys I do my best
        I have one for the challenge

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
          Here's my first attempt at this week's challenge:

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m.../onthebus1.jpg

Because that picture is the first thing that came to mind when seeing that quote!
          Great sig, Josi! That pic was the first thing that popped in my head too Great minds think alike!

*opens GIMP*

Alright...let's hope last night wasn't a fluke
          sigpic

Comment

I've got a Gimp vs. PS question...That thing about stamps of the sig instead of merging...Is that PS or Gimp? Because I'd love to be able to try doing that on Gimp.
            sigpic
            Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
              I've got a Gimp vs. PS question...That thing about stamps of the sig instead of merging...Is that PS or Gimp? Because I'd love to be able to try doing that on Gimp.
              With merging, what I used to do (it's a ridiculously long way around it) was merge the layers, copy the new layer (with everything on it) press Undo until you had all your layers backa nd then paste the merged layer on top
              sigpic

Comment

It's in PS, but check GIMP help or something, maybe it has the same option, or some of the other GIMPers might know.
                sigpic

Comment

Back from my GIMP trip

So, I fell in love with the hippy artwork Nad made, so I based my sig around it

...and whatdya know, it's my 100th sig!

What do you think? GIMP and I are still getting to know each other

Edit: How do you make rectangles in Gimp?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                    Great sig, Josi! That pic was the first thing that popped in my head too Great minds think alike!

*opens GIMP*

Alright...let's hope last night wasn't a fluke
                    Back from my GIMP trip

So, I fell in love with the hippy artwork Nad made, so I based my sig around it

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...rl/hippy-1.jpg

...and whatdya know, it's my 100th sig!

What do you think? GIMP and I are still getting to know each other

Edit: How do you make rectangles in Gimp?
                    Thanks Bekki! And your sig is fabulous too I think you and Gimp are getting on pretty well

To make rectangles, use the rectangle select tool, and then stroke the selection (make sure you have the selections dialogue box open, then after you've selected your rectangle, hit the stroke button, which is the right-hand most one on the bottom. You will then get a little box where you can tell it how many pixels you want the line to be. The stroke will be in whatever your foreground colour is).

I don't know how to do stamps in Gimp, I've always merged all layers and saved it as a second copy so that I can go back to the original if I need to. I expect there's a way though - I'll have a look later.
                    sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

oooh Jann likey new artwork...*applauses*

Oh and Jas Can I ask you very sweetly a question...since I know for 80% you have them...have you screencapped the 1st episode of Sanctuary...if so...do you have those lovely pics for Jann.... *looks as always very sweet! *
                      sigpic

Comment

Great hippy sigs kids

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                        oooh Jann likey new artwork...*applauses*

Oh and Jas Can I ask you very sweetly a question...since I know for 80% you have them...have you screencapped the 1st episode of Sanctuary...if so...do you have those lovely pics for Jann.... *looks as always very sweet! *
                        Sure. 950 caps (some are very similar, but I like having a large choice, also few are kinda blury, I didn't get to getting rid of them)

01-02 Sanctuary For All.rar
                        sigpic

Comment

This might be the biggest tangent ever, , but how do you guys pronounce Sanctuary? It just popped into my head that saying "Sank-sherry" really doesn't sound like Sanctuary should... "sank-tiu-airy" would be better. Silly Australian accent

...wow...tangent....

Edit: Thanks for the rectangle tut, Josiane
                          Last edited by Bekki; 05 October 2008, 02:48 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

This might be the biggest tangent ever, , but how do you guys pronounce Sanctuary? It just popped into my head that saying "Sank-sherry" really doesn't sound like Sanctuary should... "sank-tiu-airy" would be better. Silly Australian accent

...wow...tangent....

Edit: Thanks for the rectangle tut, Josiane
                            You're welcome

And I'd say 'sank-chewry', probably the UK pronunciation is about halfway between the Aussie and the American

Random tangent indeed
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

wow, beautiful S.H.I.P.-siggies

I also made a new Amanda sig, hope you'll like it

Comment

Hmmm...It's always great hearing (well, seeing, lol) how we differently we all would pronounce things. Both of those look like they'd be pronounced "wrong" to me.

For one thing, Sanctuary is a four syllable word. All four syllables are pronounced. It would be broken into syllables a sanc-tu-ar-y. I'd pronounce it sank-chew-air-ee, or according to dictionary.com sangk-choo-er-ee. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sanctuary
                                If that site works for all of you not in the US (I know some sites won't work outside of a country) it has a little sound symbol and it will pronounce it almost the way I would. It sounds like automatic, which makes it sound off, but it's the "right" pronounciation.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Working...
                                X