No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that's interesting........they say I have a sixth sense, because whenever someone on here asks for a Jackpic, I'm here in seconds posting loads and when someone says 'grunge' or 'scratchy' Luvnjack appears like magic So, the first time we have a Bumspam, lo and behold, here is Nad What does that tell us? Hmmmmm? Nad has a 'bum' antenna

And don't try to kid us that you have no Artistic talent, I've seen your wps
    Last edited by Jumble; 26 September 2008, 03:19 PM.

Comment

*shrugs*
      ...What can I say?

The bum finds me, I find the bum... Even if it's on the art thread where I, in all honesty, have no business. (really, my artistic talent is very limited, I swear)

Call it a bum antenna, call it faith, I don't know
      As long as the bum connects me to your awesome works of art, it's fine by me
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Now that's interesting........they say I have a sixth sense, because whenever someone on here asks for a Jackpic, I'm here in seconds posting loads and when someone says 'grunge' or 'scratchy' Luvnjack appears like magic So, the first time we have a Bumspam, lo and behold, here is Nad What does that tell us? Hmmmmm? Nad has a 'bum' antenna

And don't try to kid us that you have not Artistic talent, I've seen your wps [/QUOTE]

A bum antenna!? Woooo....
        sigpic

Comment

Hmmm...I do believe my mojo has decided on a winner of my bum sig...Any guesses who it'll go to when it's done?

Also, I need some shippers to come over to the 20 Questions thread. They've already asked more than 10 questions, and are no closer to figuring out the answer. I'm starting to think only a shipper would think of it...
          sigpic
          Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
            Yeah - you can download it from www.gimp.org. I think it's pretty similar to photoshop in what it can do, but I've never used PS so can't speak with any kind of authority. Jumble and Eve both use both, so if you want to know how they compare I'd smile sweetly at them
            *pouts*

*raises hand shyly*

Jann aka...me...I use PS as well...

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post

Challenge Week 5
            from starlover

This week's challenge was always going to be a wallpaper. I had one in mind, but since Jann asked so nicely for a guttery wallpaper when she pm'd me her icons...

Size: Wallpaper
            Quote: Any
            Theme: Guttery
            *grins* I like this challenge
            wait...I made it up...and I see that everyone is getting into the mood...with bums...

I love all the new artwork btw...Jas I envy your icon talent!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post

Also, I need some shippers to come over to the 20 Questions thread. They've already asked more than 10 questions, and are no closer to figuring out the answer. I'm starting to think only a shipper would think of it...
              Where is it? Post a link?
              sigpic
              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...59#post8993959
                sigpic

Comment

well campers i was trying the Gimp ... and i didn't like that much ... but i'll try make something just to try ... and... what is this challenge ? it is a competition of icons ?
                  sigpic

Comment

Didn't think I'd ever get it finished! One bum gif as promised

Edit: I'm really not sure why this gif turned out so clear when others come out with fuzzy colours....but I'm very happy it did
                    Last edited by Oma-1; 26 September 2008, 04:14 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel-Kree View Post
                      well campers i was trying the Gimp ... and i didn't like that much ... but i'll try make something just to try ... and... what is this challenge ? it is a competition of icons ?
                      Well, it's no harm if you don't like it/can't use it. Some of us have trouble with the other programs, like PS. I downloaded the free trial of PS and it just confused me.

The challenge is different each week. Oma posts the challenge, this week it's the wallpapers Jann suggested to Oma. Last week was icons.

Each challenge tells us all the criteria for it, such as any quotes, pictures, size of it, etc.

And it's not really a competition. It's just a fun thing we do.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel-Kree View Post
                        No, its a different challenge every week. Last week it was icons using the 'always' pic, this week its a *gutter* wallpaper Sometimes its a sig, sometimes with a specific pic, sometimes using a specific text. And its not really a competition, just a fun thing for us all to get involved with

And I see TR explained it soooo much better

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                          No, its a different challenge every week. Last week it was icons using the 'always' pic, this week its a thunk wallpaper Sometimes its a sig, sometimes with a specific pic, sometimes using a specific text. And its not really a competition, just a fun thing for us all to get involved with

*cough*gutter*cough*

or is thunking and guttering the same? Different word same meaning? J/K

Btw: did I already mention that I love WP's in widescreen format*adjusts halo*

*prepares folder for this weeks challenge to save it all*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                            Well, it's no harm if you don't like it/can't use it. Some of us have trouble with the other programs, like PS. I downloaded the free trial of PS and it just confused me.

The challenge is different each week. Oma posts the challenge, this week it's the wallpapers Jann suggested to Oma. Last week was icons.

Each challenge tells us all the criteria for it, such as any quotes, pictures, size of it, etc.

And it's not really a competition. It's just a fun thing we do.
                            óh! this is great... and thanks for the explanations!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

*cough*gutter*cough*

or is thunking and guttering the same? Different word same meaning? J/K

Btw: did I already mention that I love WP's in widescreen format*adjusts halo*

*prepares folder for this weeks challenge to save it all*
                              lol, hope it's a biiiiiiiig folder

I think there is a slight difference between guttering and thunking. Thunking can lead to a concussion if one is not careful where one lands. Guttering tends to get one very wet. In extreme cases, there is danger of drowning.

Being serious for a moment, I think there is a difference, thunking is a more general admiring of the handsomeness of a person, where as guttering is rather more about situations you would like to see/have that person in....

Was that tactful enough?

Edit: Jann, did you want a specific size then for your WPs? I was going to ask you before I posted the challenge but completely forgot *headdesk*
                              sigpic

Comment

The problem is, to me Jack and gutter in the same sentence immediately turns to thunk

Comment

Working...
                                X