No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys! Useless newibie here, asking for help again (sorry!). Well, I'm trying to make my own sig, have a few pics in mind (more would be much appreciated though, if any spring to mind for any of you. The text I'm going to use is "I'd rather die myself than lose Carter", so if any of you are thing "oh, I have a great pic that would match that" 'twould be shiny!), but am a little stuck! I have managed to create a new imagey thing on PaintShop and want to add a background but not sure where to go from here!

Any tips?!
    ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

this one?

or the cap that goes with that line, you can get it from somewhere like stargatecaps.com or stargate1971.com
      sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Thanks for the pic! *sighs* But I suspect I shall never be able to make a sig - I'd have to actually be able to do technical things on a computer and that is never going to happen! (Computers and I have a mutual hatred!) I guess I'm just going to have be uber nce to everyone in the hope that they'll make me sigs if I ask them!

EDIT: Ah yes, I forgot about Stargatecaps - they're brilliant for lotsa piccies!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
          Hey guys I just finished making this,

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...kagesignew.jpg

I really like the artwork, I'm just not sure about the text. I'm looking for something funny with 'shrinkage'. Have no mojo today whatsoever, just gloom at the prospect of going to work for 10 hours tonight. Any and all ideas welcome since they will all be better than my effort
          LOL! That's great! Don't know how I missed it yesterday - or was there a bit of a twilight zone going on again, I seem to have missed quite a few posts

Anyway... I love the text Sarai That's one of my fave lines from that ep. And the effects and b&w pics look great on there! The only suggestion I'd make is maybe flipping the b&w pic of Jack so that he's facing Sam, that'd make it look more like he's pulling faces at her and she's wagging her finger at him
          sigpic

Comment

Lilij, be nice to Aveo, she's the only other person I know with PaintShop, so she may be able to help with the odd tut
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
              LOL! That's great! Don't know how I missed it yesterday - or was there a bit of a twilight zone going on again, I seem to have missed quite a few posts

Anyway... I love the text Sarai That's one of my fave lines from that ep. And the effects and b&w pics look great on there! The only suggestion I'd make is maybe flipping the b&w pic of Jack so that he's facing Sam, that'd make it look more like he's pulling faces at her and she's wagging her finger at him
              That's what I was thinking! That would make it perfect IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
                Thanks for the pic! *sighs* But I suspect I shall never be able to make a sig - I'd have to actually be able to do technical things on a computer and that is never going to happen! (Computers and I have a mutual hatred!) I guess I'm just going to have be uber nce to everyone in the hope that they'll make me sigs if I ask them!

EDIT: Ah yes, I forgot about Stargatecaps - they're brilliant for lotsa piccies!
                Or you can PM me with a request for any SG-1 cap. I have all of the seasons. And you don't have to be uber nice to me. I already like you because you have Reese for your avatar. I've always loved Reese! I've even started a video about her and one of these days I'll actually finish it. *sigh* too many vid bunnies, too few hours in a day.

Comment

New wp

Comment

*jumps up and down*

me likey, me likey!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                      Or you can PM me with a request for any SG-1 cap. I have all of the seasons. And you don't have to be uber nice to me. I already like you because you have Reese for your avatar. I've always loved Reese! I've even started a video about her and one of these days I'll actually finish it. *sigh* too many vid bunnies, too few hours in a day.
                      That is so wierd - I decided I liked you becuase you had Maybourne for your avatar! I love Maybourne - he's so funny!

EDIT: LOVE the wp Jumble! (I probably already said that on the ship thread... ah well!)

Comment

And this one is PINK!

Comment

Jumble...thats a pretty colour...and very nice wallpaper

I also made a wallpaper...I don't know if you can use it for the MOP...but it's kinda guttery

Hopefully you all like it...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post

I also made a wallpaper...I don't know if you can use it for the MOP...but it's kinda guttery

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b15/wyattrulezz/Posters/th_bdwallpapernieuw.jpg

Love it MOP is all about the S/J Ship, which has to include the gutter I think

Comment

Originally posted by jumble65 View Post
                              Love it MOP is all about the S/J Ship, which has to include the gutter I think
                              Yeah, I think I'm trying to gutterize TPTB ....my new recruits
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble65 View Post
                                And this one is PINK!
                                I like it...but pink scares me...

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post

Mmmmmmmmm...gutter
                                Last edited by jasminaGo; 26 May 2008, 11:02 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X