The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm... I think I will!

It's awesome being on Spring Break (unofficial one taken off work because apparently the HVAC industry has no summer vacation season ). I get to spend all day making arties!

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
      Hmm... I think I will!

It's awesome being on Spring Break (unofficial one taken off work because apparently the HVAC industry has no summer vacation season ). I get to spend all day making arties!
      I see your new sig. Very cute!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
        I see your new sig. Very cute!
        Thanks! I used my own screen caps for these, because I hadn't gotten the thumb drive yet, so they're a little blurry, but I think I like it! By the way, I have learned now that the "Sharpen" tool is not the same as "Focus".

Comment

I was trying to figure out how to answer your question about how to get an image to curve to fit a bubble's surface.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are trying to do. Some options you could try would be:

Using the round marquee tool to make a cut out

Using the Pinch or Spherize filters to distort the image (Filters>Distort>Pinch/Sphereize)

Group the image you are trying to adjust with the bubble by placing that image immediately above the layer with the bubble and select Ctrl+G.

Try different blending modes to have the image take on the light and shade qualities that create the bubble look.

I don't know if any of that helps. If you want to send me the file I may be able to give better advice.

Comment

Okay, just so you know, the sepia tutorial totally backfired. My attempt to sepia led to a pic that look more like a newspaper than an old timey photo, so that led to a massive undertaking of me creating a fake newspaper in honor of Ship Day. Oh, the joys of photoshop!

I might post a preview.

Comment

Oh do! That sounds fabulous!
              sigpic

Comment

Okay, just so you know, the sepia tutorial totally backfired. My attempt to sepia led to a pic that look more like a newspaper than an old timey photo, so that led to a massive undertaking of me creating a fake newspaper in honor of Ship Day. Oh, the joys of photoshop!

I might post a preview.
                Sometimes we have happy accidents when playing with PS, and aren't we glad!!

I love that idea. A Sam/Jack daily edition. Or maybe an S/J tabloid.

Comment

Well, here's my version of sepia that sparked it all:

Whaddya think? Totally more newspaper than sepia, eh?

Comment

It probably just needs a little more brown to it.

You could try lightening the desaturated image and maybe combining a couple of techiques to add more color like the color variation plus the choco brush. Just a thought.

Comment

I like the dotty/grainy newspapery look - not smooth like a studio photo. Very cool!
                      sigpic

Comment

Another thing you could try to get a little more brown coloration on the pic would be to add an photo filter adjustment layer and use a warming filter. That will give it a little orange/brown tint.

Comment

Just don't ask me how I did it, because I have no idea. Figures.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            I like the dotty/grainy newspapery look - not smooth like a studio photo. Very cool!
                            Yeah, the graininess definitely makes it look more newspaper than antique photo.

I smoothed it out with the blur tool and added a photo filter. Now I think it looks Sepia.

Comment

Okay, now here's a question. I've gotten a whole bunch of brushes, and I've loaded them all into PS. But now not all of them show up on the drop down bar. Am I doing something wrong? I've sampled a whole bunch of them as I loaded them into the program, but now a whole bunch of them are missing and efforts to reload them are futile.

So sad... All those pretty brushes!!

Comment

Okay, now here's a question. I've gotten a whole bunch of brushes, and I've loaded them all into PS. But now not all of them show up on the drop down bar. Am I doing something wrong? I've sampled a whole bunch of them as I loaded them into the program, but now a whole bunch of them are missing and efforts to reload them are futile.

So sad... All those pretty brushes!!
                                You've put the brushes in the correct folder (Program Files>Adobe>PSE>8.0>Presets>Brushes) and restarted the computer?

If that doesn't work I'm at a loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X