The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
    "faffed about with it" Is this a technical term, Jumble?
    It is. An essential part of creating the Jumblified effect

Also often used by Nad

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      It is. An essential part of creating the Jumblified effect

Also often used by Nad
      Funny! Another term my husband is going to be confused about. He already wonders what language we are talking here on GW. I said many and yet none at the same time.
      sigpic
      I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Blacky Kitten View Post
        A ps question: when i'm trieing to select a layer and, for example, move it, the selection jumps on another layer. Why does that happen? I feel i've asked that before but i don't remember what caused it
        Kitten, make sure that the "Autoselect" check box is unchecked. Not sure if that will help with selections but it couldn't hurt.
        sigpic

Comment

Geez, i was so stupid! It was autoselection or something! Thanks everyone for help! *hugs GimPS*

To selebrate my 4000 post - new sig and avi

Ps: ah, thanks, Bree, 'autoselect' then
          Last edited by Blacky Kitten; 27 April 2010, 10:25 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

*wishes I could do colouring like BK.*

*sigh*

I have a thing that keeps happening and it's really annoying Sometimes when I'm working on something the cursor suddenly changes to a hand and I can't do anything with it. If I save, close and re-open PS it's back to normal Anyone else had that?

Yes! That happens to me occasionally too. Irritating but I've never lost anything important when it happened so no harm done. It's probably one of those featurettes of our versions of PS.

I think I may be addicted to this texture making malarky; it's all the faffing I like.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm glad to hear it's not just me Cags It's only started happening in the last few weeks, so maybe there's some Windows update affecting it I haven't lost anything either, because it always lets me save. It's just a darned nuisance

I'm not keen on the texture making, I feel like I'm just half doing something and missing out the important bit

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                *wishes I could do colouring like BK.*

*sigh*

Yes! That happens to me occasionally too. Irritating but I've never lost anything important when it happened so no harm done. It's probably one of those featurettes of our versions of PS.

I think I may be addicted to this texture making malarky; it's all the faffing I like.
                You can, you just don't know about it It doesn't come quickly just how i wished in my early PS life

Jumble, what PS do you use? I've heared something like that happens in CS4
                sigpic

Comment

I'm using CS3

Comment

I'm using CS3
                    Ah, ok! I've read on one Russian PS tuts forum that people have troubles using cursor in PSCS4, but my video card won't let me use CS4, only for 10 mins or so, so i don't really know
                    sigpic

Comment

Love the textures Jumble - you might be feeling like you're missing half the work but you're on a roll

Kitten, that Daniel sig is awesome! Love your colouring
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                        Love the textures Jumble - you might be feeling like you're missing half the work but you're on a roll

Kitten, that Daniel sig is awesome! Love your colouring
                        Thanks but......... there's no Martin

Comment

Hmm. I feel like this is a dumb question, but are you sure you've got the right layer selected in the layers palette? Can't think why else it wood happen

Have you tried saving the psd and closing PS and re-opening it?

I have a thing that keeps happening and it's really annoying Sometimes when I'm working on something the cursor suddenly changes to a hand and I can't do anything with it. If I save, close and re-open PS it's back to normal Anyone else had that?
                          *delurks from work*
                          Jumble, check to see if your Caps Lock is on. I know it can affect the cursor when using some of the tools. That might be the case here.

Bkitty your DJ sig is gorgeous. Love the coloring!

*goes back to lurking and wishing she had time for PSing*
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks Estrela, I'll check that next time it happens

Comment

Originally posted by Blacky Kitten View Post
                              Geez, i was so stupid! It was autoselection or something! Thanks everyone for help! *hugs GimPS*

To selebrate my 4000 post - new sig and avi

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...ieljackson.jpg

Ps: ah, thanks Bree, 'autoselect'
                              Absolutely beautiful!
                              sigpic
                              I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Thanks, guys! I had no idea that my Daniel sig will that likeable, it's veeeery simple
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X