No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumble you sneaky devil !! Great WP though . And fantastic challenge entries everyone.

Looking forward to the new challenge, completely forgot I sent that one in

Comment

Ha, Jumble, you did the Josh/Donna! Awesome!

And a manip challenge That's really going to be a challenge, I find manipping hard *bites nails worriedly*
      Oh well, good to be forced to have a go
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
        Jann - you accessed the Who's Posted list yesterday didn't you? Where did you find it? I'm either being completely thick or it's been moved I've got the Valenship badges all ready to add names, but without that list I'm in trouble....
        Does this help?

Spoiler:
        JenniferJF

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
        Jumble you sneaky devil !! Great WP though . And fantastic challenge entries everyone.

Looking forward to the new challenge, completely forgot I sent that one in
        I had to do something that wasn't Martin And I thought you'd get it easily because I couldn't bring myself to do all the lightening that was in the tut

Originally posted by josiane View Post
        Ha, Jumble, you did the Josh/Donna! Awesome!

And a manip challenge That's really going to be a challenge, I find manipping hard *bites nails worriedly*
        Oh well, good to be forced to have a go
        Hmm. I'm not sure I can make myself do a manip. We'll see if inspiration strikes

Edit: Cags, can we get a tut on your challenge sig? I love the colouring
        Last edited by Jumble; 14 February 2010, 11:56 AM.

Comment

*hugs* Thanks Jumble For some reason, the link doesn't work for me I've avoided all the other problems, so I guess that's a minor one in the grand scheme of things.

All I need now is for pb to stop messing me around and upload more than one pic at a time *grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
            Edit: Cags, can we get a tut on your challenge sig? I love the colouring
            Ooeer! I've never been asked for one of those before. I feel all proud now.

(I'll give it a go in a minute).

Hmm, I managed to post twice on Valenship in the end, I don't really think that counts as taking part! TBH, as much as I like joining in on the ship celebrations, I really don't have much to contribute every time so I tend to stick to Shipmas and Ship day. And I guess a lot of it is reposted stuff too which, while awesome, I've seen a few times now so tend to skip over.
            I've just realised, I never did share with you here the video I made that I asked for advice on. Thank you Jumble, UhSir and Jann for all the advice on it. You'll see I cheerfully ignored most of it ( ) but I am making a non-ship version that I'll incorporate your thoughts into.

So while I'm writing up a tut, here's some light music that video for your enjoyment...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

So while I'm writing up a tut, here's some light music that video for your enjoyment...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLfNP1eCwGo
              *bursts into tears* I miss SG-1!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
              sigpic

Comment

*happy sigh* Beautiful video Cags, well done

Comment

OK tut for this: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23...hallenge75.jpg

I followed Josiane's tut up to a point, then I started getting bold and deviated.

1. First, I resized and positioned the three pics, erasing the overlapping bits and blurring some of the busy background. I also brushed over with white / grey (soft brush, 9% opacity) to blend in the images where there was still sharp contrasts.

2. I then desaturated it and used unsharp mask on it. Then duplicated this layer twice, set the middle on soft light and the top one on screen (both at 100%).

3. I added a new layer on top, filled it with 888fd1, set it to 'color' at 40%, which gave it a slight blueish tint (This I did copying Josi's tut. She went for sepia tone but I wanted bluish).

4. Next I added another new layer, filled it with 111111 and set to screen at 100%, which kind of brightened and softened all at the same time.

5. Then saved the whole project as a new file. Flattened the image and resized the new version. I then used the elliptical marquee tool to individually cut out the circles of the three different images. This was the trickest part because it was difficult to cut all three the same size (and, if you look closely, they are not quite!) I stroked each ellipse with a fill type of Gradient and black to white gradient selected.

6. I then adjusted the colours on the ellipses using Curves: sorry I didn't make a note of what setting but the first one just the Red, the middle one, just the Blue and the bottom one a combination of Green and Red.

7. After that I did a bit more brushwork - (see point 1) in the area behind the ellipses to make them stand out more.

8.Then I opened a new document with Bree's heart texture as a background:

and I pasted this over the top:

...set the blending to "color" 100% and then applied a gaussian blur over that layer (about 35 pixels) and then flattened the image and then adjusted thre brightness/contrast so it was more vibrant and luminous. I then rotated it slightly (about 5 degrees) to make the hearts not quite upright.

9. I then copied the whole image and pasted it into a new layer on the original document. Obviously it was too big but that gives you room to move it around so you get the best colouring/heart effect. I moved the ordering of the layer so it was below the ellipses and set the blending options to "Vivid Light" 14%.

10. I added a text layer, using the font "Ravie" and the colour 2d1b62 and added a white stroke to it.

Voila!
                  sigpic

Comment

For everyone who posted in the Valenship thread yesterday, you'll find your badges here - well, on that page anyway

And for those who didn't, here's what you're not getting

Edit: Woohoo! I've finally got the b/g colour right
                    sigpic

Comment

For everyone who posted in the Valenship thread yesterday, you'll find your badges here - well, on that page anyway

Thank you!!! (For mine, not that one.) I LOVE IT!

Did you make some for Shipsgiving?? Just wondering...
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the badge Oma! Very pretty! (And can I say how much it annoys me that we can't link to one post anyone? *sighs and kicks new!GW*)

*still loves Cags video*

Jumble, nice Donna/Josh WP!

And great challenge entries everyone!

*facepalm* I ended up making another header because of an icon. But I can't use it until the challenge is over.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                        Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Very nice badges Oma thank you

love the challenge pieces everyone

Comment

My first badge! This is awesome, Oma! Thank you very much.
                            sigpic
                            I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Thanks I love your badges, I am collecting every one since shipday 2008 (my first celebration)

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                                CHALLENGE WEEK 76
                                from Sarai

The challenge is to make a manip.
                                Cool challenge idea! I've been dying to make a manip lately, so even I might give it a try. We have one week, right?

Wohoo! Lovely badge. *goes to look for one with her name on it*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X