The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*PHEW* I'm glad you know what I'm talking about Sarai

I can convert no problem, I have a program that will do all that for me, it'll only take a few minutes.

You think .avi is the way to go?

I could always include them in a few different formats.....but that would require tptb being techie enough to know what their player is and what format it plays

Edit: I could put them in separate files...Videos for Mac, Videos for PC....
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      Another odd question -

you know how we're not really allowed to put heads on other peoples bodies and stuff like that? Well is it ok to manip a picture so that a hat is put onto the head of, say, a well known actor or producer?
      LOL, I wouldn't have thought a hat would be a problem It's more head swapping that frowned upon
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
        Jumble - can you put up the link to the lounge...i've never actually been in there before

OK, here's the first idea I'm not sure that it isn't too simple, and should at least have Sam and Jack and confirmation on it....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...es/cdcover.jpg
        I also think it is great as it is, very simple but also eye-catching. Everything they need to know is on the disc

Originally posted by josiane View Post
        ROFL! I think that's awesome Oma!

I love it as it is, but if you think it could do with Sam and Jack on it too, then maybe put a picture of them behind, maybe black and white and slightly transparent? As to which picture... hmmm... anything shippy I guess The Grace kiss maybe?

Edit: and the lounge is here. Can't believe you've never been there before! But it is well hidden... I didn't find it until someone showed me the way...
        Took me a looooong time to get there

Thanks for posting the link, saved me the effort

Comment

I can convert no problem, I have a program that will do all that for me, it'll only take a few minutes.

I could always include them in a few different formats.....but that would require tptb being techie enough to know what their player is and what format it plays

Yep I'm thinking .avi is a plan. That format will play on both Mac and PC, QuickTime, Windows Media and RealPlayer which are the three biggest so I reckon thats the way to go. If you do that you won't even have to separate them into files, thats really an organisational decision thats up to you ! Judging on my own experience though, to work in the kind of business TPTB work in they have to be pretty on the ball when it comes to those things so they all probably know their way fairly well round a computer. Then again my best friend is a writer and director and she has absolutely no clue. Lol.

By the way, on the MOP disc cover I really like it!! The only thing I would suggest is what Josiane already said, maybe make a black and white faded picture of Sam and Jack the background?

Comment

Windows Media Player definitely reads .avi files, so if Quicktime does too then sounds like that's the way to go
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Cover #2

Edit: ditch the sparkles?
              sigpic

Comment

Cover #2

Love it!

EDIT: Personally I think they're a nice touch.

EDIT mark 2: Hanging on the threads every word at the moment, lol. Need to go find myself something to do.

Comment

Hmmm. I like the fishing pic, but not sure about the 'confirmation required' To me that looks like just a touch too much. (Says she who is renowned for shoving as much stuff as possible into every available space )

Edit: Love the sparkles

Edit 2: Sparkles add a touch of magic

Comment

Either keep the "conformation required" or the sparkles but not both. Having a second look at it I'm thinking its a little busy in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                      Either keep the "conformation required" or the sparkles but not both. Having a second look at it I'm thinking its a little busy in the middle.
                      That's what I meant to say

Comment

^^^^ What they said
                        sigpic

Comment

Josie, great sig! Oma, i like more the secong version!

Finalli! I've made it... my MOP gif. It calls 'Fluff gets me!' What did you expect form me? And it's pink... I hate pink... Anyway...

It's not too slow/fast?
                          sigpic

Comment

Huh, it's fasr on GW... In my comp it's more slow...
                            sigpic

Comment

It's great Kitten, I love it
                              *fluffy shippy sigh*

I think the speed's fine. Just, two tiny spelling mistakes (I know English isn't your first language )
                              Smiling and Fishing (not smilling and fissing)! If you're able to correct them
                              sigpic

Comment

Aaaa, darn! Thanks!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X