The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Achaja View Post
    I will defend my project on 6th July. If everything went ok I'll be free! If not -
    Thanks for asking - that's really kind of you I miss you all too!!! *sniff sniff*
    (((Achaja))) Good luck! You can do it. Trust me, the feeling after is really worth of it. And no more studies

Comment

hrhrhr Thank you very much for the support girls
      sigpic
      sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Originally posted by Achaja View Post
        I will defend my project on 6th July. If everything went ok I'll be free! If not -
        Thanks for asking - that's really kind of you I miss you all too!!! *sniff sniff*
        Oh cool, that's only another week

*crosses fingers for Achaja's results*

Thanks Jasmina

Apparently it's making everyone think of Christmas

Comment

*crosses fingers for Achaja* you'll do great!

exams/uni OT
          Spoiler:
          I just found out that I got my exam results back today - was expecting them monday (probably the first time ever marks came back early!! ). I got a 2:1 for my second year! so all I have to do is sustain that next year to graduate with a 2:1 which is my target
          sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
            Challenge entry.

Before (from August 2008)

After:

Besides being able to better cut out and crop pictures, all of the textures used are mine too. But I kept the dorky text because I couldn't think of anything else. I suck at text.
            Originally posted by jumble View Post
            Hmmmm....... Estrela great re-vamp......... but I actually prefer the background on the original It's just more flowery and goes with the text better I think *shrugs*
            How about you take the new cuts of Jack and Sam, put them onto the original background, and change the text....... a blossoming love? love blossoms in the strangest places? a love that blossoms slowly lasts forever?............. er............

Edit: And maybe just brighten the background a little to make it fit with the new style? A combination of screen and overlay might do it.
            Good ideas. And I like your text suggestions. I'll see what I can come up with.

Revised version which is a cross between the other two:

Better? I hope so. I think I'm giving up on this one.

Aveo_amacus I don't understand the grading system (ours is so different) but it sounds like you did well. Congrats!
            sigpic

Comment

Revised version which is a cross between the other two:

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/o...m-revised2.jpg

Better? I hope so. I think I'm giving up on this one.

Aveo_amacus I don't understand the grading system (ours is so different) but it sounds like you did well. Congrats!
              Wow!!! That's perfect!! I'm like in love with that! Awesome job!!!

Aveo- Yay!!! Good job!!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Love the new stuff, Achaja, Jas, Amanda and Estrela!!!

Yay, !

Estrela, lovfe the last version the most Those blosoms are texture or brushes? Linky ?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blacky Kitten View Post
                  Love the new stuff, Achaja, Jas, Amanda and Estrela!!!

Yay, !

Estrela, lovfe the last version the most Those blosoms are texture or brushes? Linky ?
                  I think what you're seeing as blossoms or flowers was actually done with filters. I played with the settings for the glass filter for the effect. Does that answer your question?
                  sigpic

Comment

I think what you're seeing as blossoms or flowers was actually done with filters. I played with the settings for the glass filter for the effect. Does that answer your question?
                    Er.. no
                    Try to learn of it tomorrow... My sleepy head need... sleep
                    Night (((((GimPS)))))
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blacky Kitten View Post
                      Er.. no
                      Try to learn of it tomorrow... My sleepy head need... sleep
                      Night (((((GimPS)))))
                      Oops. Sorry I wasn't more helpful. Let me try again.

I think on the original sig I did a pixel stretch from the original cap and then applied the glass filter over it to give it that rounded affect that everyone is saying looks like blossoms.

Do you know how to do a pixel stretch? Use the single row (or column) marquee tool to copy one row (or column). You can find that tool on the fly out window where the rectangle tool is. After you copy it, use the transform tool to stretch it to fill the entire area of your choice.

The glass filter can be found on the menus by selecting Filter -> Distort -> Glass.

For this new sig though, I started with my original background and then added some new textures that I made myself. If you want those, let me know and I'd be happy to post the links but I full tutorial for this sig would be almost impossible since I played around with it so much I don't think I could retrace my steps.

I hope that helps. Let me know if I should explain it a bit more.
                      sigpic

Comment

All the 'Christmassy' comments put me off that sig, so I've changed the colouring....

Comment

All the 'Christmassy' comments put me off that sig, so I've changed the colouring....

But...but...but the other one had Jumblyness, Martin and christmas all in one...what could be better than that?

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                            But...but...but the other one had Jumblyness, Martin and christmas all in one...what could be better than that?
                            But........ this one has Jumblyness......... and Martin........ isn't that enough?

besides which, I hate Christmas

Comment

But........ this one has Jumblyness......... and Martin........ isn't that enough?

No it's not Christmas and Martin and Jumblyness make it perfect without that it's just...a sig

You hate Christmas? Now your forever going to be Jumblescrooge to me

I personally love the feeling that's around the holidays of walking out at shops when the snow is falling and drinking hot coco and being all snug in a nice warm fluffy jacket and listening to Christmas carols

Comment

Huh ... what happened to the signature with the quote about dreaming and sanity (or maybe insanity)? I really liked that one. Was I dreaming when I saw it?

You hate Christmas?

Comment

Working...
                                X