• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Oh my word! I missed a lot yesterday
    Fabulous challenge stuff GimPS

I'm a bit stumped since I don't have another ship

*snurches LJ's wp* Sooooooo pretty

Oh, thank heavens for that, there's no way I could put all those in PB for you

I'm glad I've made someone happy I'll expect lots of Jacksigs and wps soon then
    Yes you definitely made me happy!!! I haven't had a chance to gimp all day But I'm totally going to be gimping later on!

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

What's wrong with my ships?

Talking of other show's ships...
    Is there anyone who thinks Major Wood wood look awesome with Sanctuary's Helen Magnus? i heard that the actor that plays the major hangs around on set a lot, so...

And with that awesome bridge... For the challenge:

Aww I love the quote, pretty!

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    Nice sig Nad!

I made a challenge one too

Nice!!

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
    Beautiful work everyone, wish I could green you all. *pokes GW*

Some stuff made for sj_everyday on LJ.

A wallpaper

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh314/jasminaGo/photoshop/LJ%20challenges/SJ_%20everyday/th_1081.jpg

a header

Spoiler:
    http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh314/jasminaGo/photoshop/LJ%20challenges/SJ_%20everyday/1084.jpg

and two sigs

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...ryday/1083.jpg

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...ryday/1082.jpg

I have a tut ready for the header, I'll try to upload it soon, but I'm not sure how at this weather I managed to catch a cold. so I'm kinda loopy atm
    I love them all!!

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
    I'll admit it's odd seeing you without Siler as well...it threw me off

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    All gorgeous, and thanks for the tut!

I have a couple of wps for the same challenge too:

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm88/timepresent/th_oomwp.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm88/timepresent/th_btswp.jpg

<lazy snip>

love them!!

Here were my entries for the LJ contest that Jas and Josi participated in

I'll admit I was super proud of my entries earlier in the week...and now not so much

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

(((((Amanda)))))

You should be proud of your entries, your work has been improving constantly, and it shows.
      sigpic

Comment

Ladies,

I most likely not be around much this week. My dad is having surgery for Stage 1 Colon Cancer on Tuesday. We caught it in time so this should be all he needs.

I love this week's challenge and I already have an entry I made a while back for TR for our birthdays that combines all our (meaning mine and hers) fave ships. I'll post it later.

Padme
        Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
          They're fab - I particularly like the first two I think they're a real step forward from what you have been doing up until now, they're very well put together

(((((Amanda)))))

You should be proud of your entries, your work has been improving constantly, and it shows.
          Or what she said ^^^ Considering you haven't been doing this very long at all you are making some really lovely stuff. Keep at it!

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
          Ladies,

I most likely not be around much this week. My dad is having surgery for Stage 1 Colon Cancer on Tuesday. We caught it in time so this should be all he needs.

I love this week's challenge and I already have an entry I made a while back for TR for our birthdays that combines all our (meaning mine and hers) fave ships. I'll post it later.

Padme
          ((((((((((Padme))))))))))) Thinking of you and your family, hope it all goes well

Aaannd some more icons:

sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Hi everyone! I am back.... graduated

Now I will finally have time for my gimp again! I mussed it and I missed you all I think that now I will be here all the time

Comment

((((Padme)))) I hope everything goes OK.

Welcome back SeNedra. Congrats on the graduation

Awesome icons Josi.

Challenge entries (who do we send them to?)

Few icons

And the tut for Aveo

Spoiler:

1. I used as backbround.

set to lighten. I resized it and played with the pozition a little.

I inverted the colors and set it to Multiply. Then I added some text brushes in the corners.

2. I used a grunge brush as a frame.

Placed the three pics from 2010 on top and erased everything I didn't need

3. New Adjustment Layer -> Levels

Input: 14; 1.16; 229

4. New Adjustment Layer -> Selective color

reds: -25; 18; 18; 0
              yellows: -29; -35; -42; 0
              greens: 100; -100; -100; 0
              neutrals: 20; -18; -22; 0

5. New Adjustment Layer -> Selective color

reds: -21; 12; 0; 0
              greens: 100; -18l -87; 0
              neutrals: 0; -11; -12; 0

6. New Adjustment Layer -> Brightness/Contrast

18/39

7. Black & White gradient map set to SoftLight (Opacity 32%)

8. set to Lighten. I moved it to the lower left corner. I duplicated the texture, set it to Screen and moved it to the right side.

9. I duplicated the brush frame layer, draged it on top, resized it with Free Transform, and added the text.

10. Filled a new layer with color #a21e1e and set it to Lighten 25%

11. New Adjustment Layer -> Color Balance

midtones: 16; 0; 17
              shadows: 6; 0; 0
              highlights: 0; -12; 0

12. One point stroke around the sig with black color, and it's done
              Last edited by jasminaGo; 15 June 2009, 10:33 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeNedra View Post

Now I will finally have time for my gimp again! I mussed it and I missed you all I think that now I will be here all the time
                WOOHOOOOOOD!!!!!
                CONGRATS ON GRADUATING
                SENEDRA

Jasmina it's me for the challenge entries this week

Comment

Originally posted by SeNedra View Post

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Jasmina love the challenge entries and the icons - particularly the wp And thanks for the tut *snurches textures*
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh you people and your fabulous icons *shakes head* I'll never get it

Comment

*stumbles in from WhooHoo thread*

Anyone seen LJ? Word on the street, she was gimping today....

Oooooh!!!!!

*stares at pretty artwork*

No LJ? Oh well...thanks!

*wanders out*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                        *stumbles in from WhooHoo thread*

Anyone seen LJ? Word on the street, she was gimping today....

Oooooh!!!!!

*stares at pretty artwork*

No LJ? Oh well...thanks!

*wanders out*
                        *sputters* I'm not...I haven't been...! *runz away*
                        sigpic

Comment

Tut for my Out of Mind wp, as requested

1. New canvas, 1280x800px. Take the two pics of Sam and Jack, resize and position and blend the edges together using a fuzzy brush as an eraser. They're nice quality as they are, being promo shots rather than screencaps, so I didn't do anything more to clean them up.

2. Make a new stamp of them, set to screen 100% and desaturate, which brightened them and reduced the contrast a little.

3. Now to make the texture layer to do the mask brush thing on (yes, I do like this technique ). Add these two textures on new layers (the pink one underneath the stained glass one):

4. Leave the pink one on normal 100%, and put the stained glass one on screen 100%. Add two layers filled with f0bc2a, the lower one on hue at 100% and the upper one on colour at 60%.

5. Make a stamp of the whole thing, use the colourise function to turn it bright blue, and set this layer on screen 70%.

6. Merge all these texture layers, and add a layer mask and use a couple of nice mask brushes on it to reveal the pics of Sam and Jack beneath. I can't find the link to the brushes I used though, sorry!

7. Add a new layer, and add a couple of frame brushes on it in 020b44 (can't find the link to them either, but luvnjack posted it a while back on the thread I know, because that's where I got them from!). Reduce opacity to 70%.

8. Add the text, same colour as the frame brushes, font Wretched. Duplicate the text layer and move the bottom layer down to the right to form a shadow, reducing the opacity of this layer to 40%. The top text layer was still a little bit faint though, so I duplicated it again just to make it a bit stronger. And that's it
                          sigpic

Comment

I snurched LJ's dragon wp and put my own little Martin slant on it.........

Yep, he really can do that for me

*snurches Josiane's textures and font*

Comment

Thanks for the tut Josi

Love the Martin art Jumble
                              sigpic

Comment

ROFLMAO at Major Wood and Helen *huggles Nad*

Originally posted by Rachel-Kree View Post
                                *pops in*

hey guys i'm finally online after 4 days without internet and i still don't know when they are going to fix it i'm using my cousins computer at her house... arrrghhhh!!! i miss you !!!!

(((*huggles art family* )))
                                Ugh! *hugs* Hope you're back soon!

I'd go demented without internet access

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                                Oh I soooooo hope Oma likes WW
                                Oma's never seen WW either

Beautiful work everyone, wish I could green you all. *pokes GW*
                                Ditto!!

Some stuff made for sj_everyday on LJ.

A wallpaper
                                Me loves! Me snurches! Me gets out wallpaper paste!

a header
                                Me loves this too! Me snurches all the textures from your tut too

and two sigs
                                total awesomeness!

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                                Here were my entries for the LJ contest that Jas and Josi participated in

<snipped for space>

I'll admit I was super proud of my entries earlier in the week...and now not so much
                                Be proud Amanda!! They're really great, you're improving so fast!

I gave up mq-ing at this point cos there's been so much fantastic stuff the last couple of days! *pokes out tongue at gw code rules*

I loved everyone's challenge entries and Josi's icons and wps Stunning stuff!

I've finally managed to hammer this challenge idea into shape. I gave up hunting for the perfect caps in the end and manipped them both

The really funny thing was Hannah looking over my shoulder, staring for several seconds at the sig, then saying......"Huh?" ROFL!

I have an idea for a other one, but I don't know if I'll get the time to make it this week
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X