No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to everyone on this thread for sending the links for the gimp textures, there are some beutiful on the sites you put here. Love ya

*off to play with gimp*

Comment

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
      okay finally made something with PS again while you were all busy with it...I was just looking around...and watching episodes he he

here it is...first one was a request other one came outta my episode watching(tangent)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...s/saraisig.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...sigtangent.jpg
      OMG!

That first sig brakes my heart.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble65 View Post
        Ugh! Brilliant as ever, Jann showing us all up (well, me anyway ) I love Tangent, it's one of my absolute faves, soooo much Jack And the cute bit with Sam when she comes to save him......hmmm.....might be watching that later. Not what I should be doing though. Should be trying all the new stuff in Gimp, and utilizing all the brilliant advice on here. Jumbleramblejumbleramble........
        *tries to stop staring at Jack's smile in Jann's sig* *fails* *sigh*
        thanks!

And yeah Tangent is a very good Jack ep...some good hot shots from Jack Yummy!

And like said I love all your stuff!!!! Don't underestimate yourself!
        sigpic

Comment

If anyone wants them, here are Penguin brushes for GIMP, as used by me and Oma for MOP stuff over on the family thread
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post

CQ did it in one word! I think it was linky ^^ ROFL!!!

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
            thanks!

And yeah Tangent is a very good Jack ep...some good hot shots from Jack Yummy!

And like said I love all your stuff!!!! Don't underestimate yourself!
            Thanks What I find interesting is that we all seem to have developed our own particular 'styles', which is great. Nothing like a bit of variety to spice things up

Comment

Jumble - forgot to say - to colour the brushes....if you've already added them, then you have to use the colourise thing like I said.

Of course, the easy way (and naturally therefore the last thing I think of ) is to change your foreground colour, since that's the default colour for all brushes.
              sigpic

Comment

Jumble - forgot to say - to colour the brushes....if you've already added them, then you have to use the colourise thing like I said.

Of course, the easy way (and naturally therefore the last thing I think of ) is to change your foreground colour, since that's the default colour for all brushes.

See, I knew you'd come up with the answer The colourise thing was what I'd been playing with, and it wasn't working I had no idea about the bolded part, thanks for showing me the way, again! Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                  If anyone wants them, here are Penguin brushes for GIMP, as used by me and Oma for MOP stuff over on the family thread
                  As Oma pointed out over on the family thread, the penguin brushes are available for PS too - there's a link on the page. Just so the PSers don't feel left out (((PSers)))
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                    As Oma pointed out over on the family thread, the penguin brushes are available for PS too - there's a link on the page. Just so the PSers don't feel left out (((PSers)))
                    Woohoo I will try to make something tonight after work...all just hope that it isn't busy that will mean I can go home early *wishes for not busy in restaurant*
                    sigpic

Comment

I downloaded a lot textures from sites you posted and I put them into one file on rapidshare. I have premium account so it should stay there for a long time. It has about 25MB but I think it pays off

http://rapidshare.com/files/110809775/gimp_textures.zip

Comment

I posted this in the family thread, but I wanted to repost it here for a couple of reasons....

Firstly cos it's the best darn sig I've ever made, and I'm very proud of it!

Secondly because it was an absolute nightmare to make! I'd nearly finished it when my pc crashed The power just switched off and that was that. I'd not saved it.

So I started again. This time I saved it when I got the background layer up and kept hitting save every couple of minutes....then gimp crashed on me....and I thought...it's ok, I saved it But I'd called it password:fishing.xcf *headdesk* so it didn't save it as a gimp file

So I started again. This time being very careful what I called it, and even more careful to keep saving it as I went along.....

Why am I boring you with this long winded story? Cos there's a moral here....SAVE - regularly! Especially when you're working with lots of layers and adding lots of effects.
                        sigpic

Comment

I posted this in the family thread, but I wanted to repost it here for a couple of reasons....

Secondly because it was an absolute nightmare to make! I'd nearly finished it when my pc crashed The power just switched off and that was that. I'd not saved it.

So I started again. This time I saved it when I got the background layer up and kept hitting save every couple of minutes....then gimp crashed on me....and I thought...it's ok, I saved it But I'd called it password:fishing.xcf *headdesk* so it didn't save it as a gimp file

So I started again. This time being very careful what I called it, and even more careful to keep saving it as I went along.....

Why am I boring you with this long winded story? Cos there's a moral here....SAVE - regularly! Especially when you're working with lots of layers and adding lots of effects.
                          (((((Oma))))) Thanks for the warning! But it was worth it in the end, its gorgeous

Comment

You should be proud of it Oma, it really is amazingly beautiful! And well worth the effort, despite all the crashes!
                            sigpic

Comment

Humph! I see we keep losing our sigs again
                              Maybe we have overloaded ImageRotate with our flood of new sigs

Comment

<snip>

I LOVE that sig...Really awesome*wishes she had made it*

And I so know that story...

I had it once when I was downstairs for a bit(thirsty) so I left the file open(didn't save it yet) and then poof...power was gone...my bro's fault btw...but I had to make the sig over again...and after it I regulary save it...although I tend to forget it now again...sometimes
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X