The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
    My text looks okay on the screen, but is pixelated when I print. Any ideas?
    which format do you use? have you tried .png?

Comment

Did some photoshoppin' this morning instead of work...

I was watching Dr. Who last night... *sigh* I love David Tennant. :3

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post

Thanks!

*snicker* Mines going to change to gray in oh maybe 25-30 years from now (I'm 17 ) Yup gotta love bein' a young'un!
      Hehe, I'm also a wee one. But I think all my hair will fall out before I have to worry about it going grey. This hairdye addiction is bad. -_-
      Too cool for a signature.

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
        which format do you use? have you tried .png?
        Hmmmm...nope. I'll give it a shot.
        sigpic

Comment

David *.* it'S wonderful.

it's just an idea LJ, don't know if it works

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
            David *.* it'S wonderful.

it's just an idea LJ, don't know if it works
            Oh well, Gimp just crashed on me, so I'll have to try again when my brain is working better.
            sigpic

Comment

Oh well, Gimp just crashed on me, so I'll have to try again when my brain is working better.
              *kicks GIMP* sorry to hear that. it must be frustrating *hands over some chocolate*

Comment

David Tennant! *drools* Love it Rose

((((luvnjack))))
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Everyone, great artworks!!!

Aww, David Tennant!!! He's such a cuty thing!

(((((LJ))))) It's one of the reasons i began to use PS. My Gimp always crushed...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                    David Tennant! *drools* Love it Rose

((((luvnjack))))
                    Now that's an attraction I have never and will never understand *shakes head*

To each their own, I know, but ...... nope, no way

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post

And the coloring tut for Kitty

Spoiler:
                      http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh314/jasminaGo/photoshop/102.jpg

1. Set the pics and way you want, sharpen, blur, erase everything you don't need.

2. New Adjustment layer -> Curves

Output: 70, Input 50

3. New Adjustment layer-> Levels

Input level: 6; 1.05; 191

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh314/jasminaGo/photoshop/Textures/th_Color_Texture_IV_by_hauntingmewiths.jpg
                      scaled down to 600x180 and set to Overlay 60%

5. Wrote the text with Abstract clasic font, and added drop shadow

6. New Adjustment layer -> Selective color

reds: -27; 15; 5; 0
                      cyans: 36; -19; -33; 0
                      blues: 19; -14; -17; 15
                      neutrals: 27; 7; 0; -10

7. Gradient map http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...Untitled-2.jpg set to Darken 100%

8. Filled a new layer with color #03011a and set it to Exclusion

9. 2. New Adjustment layer -> Curves

Output: 70, Input 60
                      Your Alone sig is fabulous. I love the coloring. Thanks for the tut. I can't wait to try it.

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                      *sneaks back into thread*

*hopes no one notices long (again) absence*
                      Welcome back!

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                      VLC player or KMPlayer

The latter one makes amazing screencaps, but when capping dvd's it is a pain cause it sometimes doesn't work when your dvd is protected but it is amazing for anything that you have on your computer.
                      Of course you can also put the dvd on your computer with DVD shrink

VLCplayer has issues when capping, that it sometimes has horrible screencaps, with lines in it and everything
                      Oooh. Thanks! I've been wondering how to do this myself. Fainne I'm so glad you asked.

*sigh* I've been gimping furiously all day, but I can't show most of the stuff I've made

I did make a banner for The First Commandment for the rewatch though:

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...ommandment.jpg
                      I love the coloring and the blending on this. Well done!

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g4...heSeeker21.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g4...heSeeker11.jpg
                      I LOVE Legend of the Seeker!!! And I LOVE Richard and Kahlan. And I'm really sad that there are only 4 episodes left in the season...
                      Legend of the Seeker! My friend got me hooked on this series. I just love Kahlan (and would love to have Zedd's powers). Have you read the books? I haven't and wonder if I should try them. Where did you find the screen caps?

Originally posted by hbt123 View Post

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/hbt123/DTsig.jpg
                      Nice work! We won't tell your boss if you don't.
                      DT is growing on me. I first saw him in PBS' Casanova series. I liked him better in that than in Doctor Who. Go figure.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                        <snipped>
                        Welcome back!

<snipped>
                        Thanks!!
                        Legend of the Seeker! My friend got me hooked on this series. I just love Kahlan (and would love to have Zedd's powers). Have you read the books? I haven't and wonder if I should try them. Where did you find the screen caps?

<snipped>
                        I LOVE this show!!! My friend and her parents have read all the books. She told me about the show because she wanted me to record the series premiere for her. I did and I was board so I watched it as well. I fell in love with is. After that she never did watch it. Her parents told her all the things that were different from the books so she doesn't think she'll like it. But I still do.

I actually bought the first three books. I didn't read all of them, but I skimmed parts of them. I've actually skimmed parts of all the books. Honestly, I'd say don't read them yet. Wait until the series is over before you read them. That's what I'm doing. SO many things are different. And the show kind of...Softens many of the things that happen in the books. Like Richard and Denna. And in the books Zedd is the last wizard and Kahlan is the last confessor. And her sister really is dead. Michael never went and helped Richard. So yeah, I'd say read them after the show ends for good.

Umm...I got them from two different sites...Neither one has much. http://www.legendoftheseeker.com/index.html and http://seeker.warriorprincess.com/ The second one has more high resolution caps. But neither one has full caps. I'm still looking for a site that does... And the first site actually will tell you the names of the final four episodes of this season, when they're supposed to air, and you can watch all of the previous episodes. Every weekend I have a mini Seeker marathon, lol!!

EDIT: I just checked, and The Seekers Omnibus (the second site) does have all/most of the caps. But I don't think all of them are high res...
                        Last edited by TrueRomantic; 13 April 2009, 08:16 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                          Now that's an attraction I have never and will never understand *shakes head*

To each their own, I know, but ...... nope, no way
                          As i'll never understand for

Spoiler:
                          Martin Wood

I love him cause he's one who has created the ship... but not like this

Edit: forgot to say here

Happy Birthday Aveo!!!
                          Last edited by Blacky Kitten; 14 April 2009, 02:25 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Welcome back Kim!

*sigh* I've been gimping furiously all day, but I can't show most of the stuff I've made

I did make a banner for The First Commandment for the rewatch though:

Beautiful work. Hmmm... that texture in the middle looks familiar...

Hehe, I'm also a wee one. But I think all my hair will fall out before I have to worry about it going grey. This hairdye addiction is bad. -_-
                            Not a Who fan, but great sig.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blacky Kitten View Post
                              As i'll never understand for

Spoiler:
                              Martin Wood

I love him cause he's one who has created the ship... but not like this
                              Well like I said, to each their own

Comment

*waves* Hi GimPS!!

*rubs head* I think that thunk warning needs to be a bit bigger there Kitten Seriously droolworthy sig

And hallelujah, my gimp mojo appears to have returned! Well, for West Wing, not Stargate, but still, it's a start!

That's gorgeous Josi, yay WW!!!

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                                [center]http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...otwbanner2.jpg
                                banner by josiane

Sekrit Challenge
                                Week 33

from Lili

Choose either the Jack or Sam cap below to make (at least) 2 different pieces of artwork from the following categories:

Fluff, Thunk, Angst, Gutter, Humour.

Each piece must be from a different category, and you must use the same pic in both! You can add other pics if you wish.

Size: Any
                                Text: Any
                                Pic: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/th_PDVD_047-1.jpg or http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/th_vlcsnap-211727.png (if you've got a bigger/better quality version of this Sam pic, go ahead and use it....and post it for me too please!)

This one is going to require a little brain power.....sorry....

And I hope I haven't confused anyone Lili's original idea was to take one pic and make 3 pieces from it - one fluff, one gutter, one angst. I added the other categories to give us more options, and reduced the number to 2.....cos well, making 3 kinda scared me and my limited brain power Hope you don't mind Lili

Oh, and just to make it harder, it's Sekrit Challenge Week! So PMs to Jumble please!!!!!

Hmm, good challenge. Think I've figured it out now ! Looking forward to this one!

Originally posted by NormaN View Post
                                Beautiful NormaN, and welcome

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                                I was in a serious fangurling mode, so two new wps.

And the coloring tut for Kitty
                                Thanks Jas, looking forward to trying that one. I love colouring tuts!!

*sneaks back into thread*

*hopes no one notices long (again) absence*
                                KIM!!!!!!!

*huggles*

David Tennant *happy sigh* So, so pretty . Hmm, might have to PS something myself; the Dr. Who this weekend was awesome!!

By the way HP, do you have a tut for the colouring of that sig? It looks stunning

Happy Birthday Aveo!!

Comment

Working...
                                X