No announcement yet.

Australian Con's 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umm.... I thought the Bris event was BEFORE Armageddon - the Gary Jones thing in Melb is definitely the week after

Comment

Nope, I see you're right - I was probably thinking of Armageddon in NZ!

This site may also be helpful to ppl, the Stargate stuff is in blue
      Last edited by Tal; 24 July 2008, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks for putting up that link, pfalcon64. The prices are pretty reasonable compared to the other one I saw a few months go. I'd love to go and the Sydney one is the better op for me as it is closer then Melbourne. I've never been to a Con before.

Lt.Col.ErrandBoy, love your pic with Jewel Staite and it sounds like you had fun!
        sigpic
        Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
        My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate78fan View Post
          Lt.Col.ErrandBoy, love your pic with Jewel Staite and it sounds like you had fun!
          Thanks Stargate78fan - yeah, I had a blast!

pfalcon64 - Dang...I can only afford to be in Melbourne for Armageddon...why oh why do I live on the other side of the dang country!!! Kavan Smith's coming over???? GAAAAH!!! I need beaming technology!!!
          sigpic
          My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

I don't think I could possibly miss the opportunity to meet Kavan Smith...but then how could I miss meeting Gary or Dan...yay...tis so cool!!!
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

It's kind of a bummer that they're so close together - limited fundage and all that

Comment

Originally posted by Tal View Post
                It's kind of a bummer that they're so close together - limited fundage and all that
                I actually wish they were a week CLOSER - could have wangled a few extra days in Melbourne to justify it, but not two weeks' worth...
                sigpic
                My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

Yeah, it would be nice to have them happening just a few days apart - while it's a bit easier for me, it's still a 3hr trip each way!

Comment

BOB PICARDO DOWN UNDER IN FEB

Looks like just in Sydney but I'd love to go to this, big fan of Bob from Star Trek - yay

http://cultureshockexpo.com//index.p...d=80&Itemid=65

Comment

*pops in whilst her lappy has decided to load site*
                      Armageddon this year is gonna be fantastic and to be followed up with 'Dailin' a Gate' convention and having already met Chris.... this year is just a FANTASTIC on Stargate wise!!

PS: Happy Birthday for Monday Chelle

Comment

Originally posted by SmileyGidget View Post
                        PS: Happy Birthday for Monday Chelle
                        Hehehe...happy birthday to you too J!!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Er.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BOTH OF YOU!!!
                          sigpic
                          My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                            Hehehe...happy birthday to you too J!!
                            Heehee! Thankies! I couldn't help myself! Hope you have a great birthday, have fun enjoy yourself and all that jazz

Originally posted by Lauriel View Post
                            Er.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BOTH OF YOU!!!
                            Thankies Lauriel

Comment

Very sad news - the "Dialin' the Gate" con had to be cancelled This is the first event these guys have ever had to cancel so they're not taking it lightly and talking to the guys about coming over another time. Their website isn't updated yet.

Comment

Errr, which event was this? Who was running it - apart from BOBW I wasn't aware of anything thats been cancelled recently, nor an Australian event of that name?
                                If you'd like to know what Aussie conventions are like, check out my website and the older one too.

Comment

Working...
                                X