Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burbank, Baby!!! (Official SG Con, Burbank 2008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
    a correction......Creation events are sponsored by the studio in the case of SG-1 and Atlantis. Comic-con and others are private run events.
    Creations Stargate cons are officially licensed by MGM. Comic Con is a fan run event however the studios pay for the actors to attend to promote upcoming movies and tv series which is why if SAG strikes next week SAG actors will not attend Comic Con.

With the Burbank Con not scheduled until Nov I would not worry about the SAG strike effecting the con. This strike will more than likely be a short strike - yes it is going to put shows like SGA behind production with the second half of S5 but the actors should still have Sat and/or Sun off and with Burbank being in the same time zone flying down for the day will be doable for most of the actors.
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

so...um.....I am really excited to be going I have a small toothpaste and toothbrush(compliments of Fido), and I have my ticket...my next cheque goes toward the flight, then the following month is toward the vehicle, then the hotel room, and then just spending money....woohoo!!!!!! Going to California!!! Plus all the b-day money I'll get!!!!
      Music and Stargate
      sigpic
      Perfection

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
        so...um.....I am really excited to be going I have a small toothpaste and toothbrush(compliments of Fido), and I have my ticket...my next cheque goes toward the flight, then the following month is toward the vehicle, then the hotel room, and then just spending money....woohoo!!!!!! Going to California!!! Plus all the b-day money I'll get!!!!
        We are excited too!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by staley7580 View Post
          We are excited too!!
          I am not alone!!!!!!
          lol, I quit smoking, so please just ignore me if I annoy you
          Music and Stargate
          sigpic
          Perfection

Comment

I am not alone!!!!!!
            lol, I quit smoking, so please just ignore me if I annoy you
            Hey, no problem! Im trying to quit.. TRYING!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Hey, no problem! Im trying to quit.. TRYING!!!
              Oh Hon, good luck......I screamed at a cop....a really nice one....who just wanted one of the candies I keep on my counter.....the ones I give him everyday The poor guy would not come near me for two days, I had to bring him a bowl of candy and apologize. I also yelled at one of me co-workers.....she backed into a corner and had the "you are psycho" look on her face. Scared the pants off her, she was shaking.

well, thats two stories....I also have gone a little ADD as well, I went through a whole week of talking as fast as an auctioneer. And have gained ten pounds, but I am now losing it
              Almost at a month

The whole reason I can afford to go to the con!!!
              Music and Stargate
              sigpic
              Perfection

Comment

Oh Hon, good luck......I screamed at a cop....a really nice one....who just wanted one of the candies I keep on my counter.....the ones I give him everyday The poor guy would not come near me for two days, I had to bring him a bowl of candy and apologize. I also yelled at one of me co-workers.....she backed into a corner and had the "you are psycho" look on her face. Scared the pants off her, she was shaking.

well, thats two stories....I also have gone a little ADD as well, I went through a whole week of talking as fast as an auctioneer. And have gained ten pounds, but I am now losing it
                Almost at a month

The whole reason I can afford to go to the con!!!
                Good for you! The hubby and I have just started working out... trying to get all healthy, you know. So the smoking was making me feel like crap during the workouts... He works nights, so I cant scream at him... and my kids have pretty much hid in their room for the past few days. It MUST be bad when the 3 year old knows to stay away from me.
                sigpic

Comment

Good for you! The hubby and I have just started working out... trying to get all healthy, you know. So the smoking was making me feel like crap during the workouts... He works nights, so I cant scream at him... and my kids have pretty much hid in their room for the past few days. It MUST be bad when the 3 year old knows to stay away from me.
                  Yeah, I completely understand. I actually lost a friend because I quit.
                  I would never have made it with out Neo (who was my day helper) and Chelle (who stayed up with me on the phone for hours every night). Their help was very needed. If you need any help, please get in touch with me.

Happy Canada Day!!!!!!!!!
                  Music and Stargate
                  sigpic
                  Perfection

Comment

Yeah, I completely understand. I actually lost a friend because I quit.
                    I would never have made it with out Neo (who was my day helper) and Chelle (who stayed up with me on the phone for hours every night). Their help was very needed. If you need any help, please get in touch with me.

Happy Canada Day!!!!!!!!!
                    Awww, thank you! I am having a hard time with it... I have just been walking around screaming at everyone. I asked the hubby why the kids were misbehaving so much the past few days.. I mean, they are generally decent kids, but GEEZ!! They have been out of control the past few days. He says its just me though.. Like I am the one with the problem.

Its okay... Ill just spork him in his sleep.
                    sigpic

Comment

Awww, thank you! I am having a hard time with it... I have just been walking around screaming at everyone. I asked the hubby why the kids were misbehaving so much the past few days.. I mean, they are generally decent kids, but GEEZ!! They have been out of control the past few days. He says its just me though.. Like I am the one with the problem.

Its okay... Ill just spork him in his sleep.
                      You can do it!!!!!!! I found Dilly bars (you got a Dairy Queen around?)
                      and Popsicles a real treat, pomegranates as well. They made me feel better, the Dilly bars, the whole two dozen I ate. You had the ADD thing yet? Drove everyone nuts with that one ask Chelle and Neo.lol,.
                      And if you are still quit in November when we go to the con, I am taking you out for drinks!!!!!!!!
                      So far, the first week of quiting smoking, I got a tattoo, the second I paid for my ticket to the con, the third I went to a party, and the month... I am hope fully paying for my plain ticket over to Chelles'. Please treat yourself for the first month, you deserve it!!!!
                      And my sixth month... I will be in Burbank baby!!!
                      Music and Stargate
                      sigpic
                      Perfection

Comment

According to my little counter, we have 4 months, 2 weeks, and 4 days until we're all partying it up in Burbank!!!!

I'm sad we won't get to do the gameshow run and see if any of us could win some money and cool prizes.... Can you imagine, all of us showing up to "The Price Is Right" dressed in our matching Gateworld t-shirts!!!!! But that's alright. Before the 2007 con hotel was a Hilton, and they ran a shuttle to and from Universal Studios and the City Walk and back to the hotel.... thinking I might just call and check to see if the Marriott is still doing that in the morning.... Maybe we can all get together and have our own little Gateworld dinner? There's plenty of good eats all around.

Is it November now? How 'bout NOW?! NOW?!!!?!? I want it NOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle View Post
                          According to my little counter, we have 4 months, 2 weeks, and 4 days until we're all partying it up in Burbank!!!!

I'm sad we won't get to do the gameshow run and see if any of us could win some money and cool prizes.... Can you imagine, all of us showing up to "The Price Is Right" dressed in our matching Gateworld t-shirts!!!!! But that's alright. Before the 2007 con hotel was a Hilton, and they ran a shuttle to and from Universal Studios and the City Walk and back to the hotel.... thinking I might just call and check to see if the Marriott is still doing that in the morning.... Maybe we can all get together and have our own little Gateworld dinner? There's plenty of good eats all around.
                          Are you talking about doing that on Friday? If so that might be a reason enough for me to call in sick on Friday and come down early instead of waiting until I fiish work on Friday to drive down.
                          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Everyone, I need a favour --- please....

The Wave, a major radio station in Los Angeles will be playing a short advertisement for Cliff Simon's American Affirmations CD on July 4th. Would everyone who is willing, please send an email on or after July 4th to ask for the CD to be played in it's entirety and to be added to their play list? Cliff and I would really appreciate it.

The link is:
                            http://www.947thewave.com/pages/976348.php

Comment

So I hate to say this, but I think that I am going to skip Burbank this year, especially since Amanda was announced as a guest for Vancouver...
                              I would really, really love to come and party with you guys, but I CANNOT miss that...

There's a very slight chance I could swing something, but I'm not sure at this point...
                              sigpic
                              awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                                Are you talking about doing that on Friday? If so that might be a reason enough for me to call in sick on Friday and come down early instead of waiting until I fiish work on Friday to drive down.
                                ....mmmmm, I'm already contributing to the delinquency of my fellow Stargate fans.....And there's still more than four months until the con..... Mwahahahaaaaaaa.......

I would LOVE to do dinner with everyone on Friday night! We can make it an early dinner, here's to hoping they've FINALLY finished building the plaza across the way fromt he hotel! Otherwise, I'm sure we can all make arrangements to all carpool in some shape or form to an acceptable eatery that's within a reasonable distance. I'll start looking into a place that can take a sizeable group and won't kill all of our wallets. I'll make a few calls this weekend and then post a list of places, and we'll run the usual list 'o attendees after..... Yeah!

Is it November yet????

Is it November now? How 'bout NOW?! NOW?!!!?!? I want it NOW!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X