San Diego Comic Con 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
    I'm still trying to find a hotel with reasonable rates....
    Try this site and see if they have something that works for you http://www.sidestep.com/hotels
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
      Try this site and see if they have something that works for you http://www.sidestep.com/hotels
      Thank You!!!! I found a room for the right price and the days that I wanted. And....it's not that far away.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Monkey52 View Post
        All nearby hotels are booked solid. The ones that aren't booked are really expensive. You may have to look a little farther away from the convention center.
        Speaking as a former San Diego resident, I highly recommend looking for a hotel somewhere along the trolley line. It's VERY easy to take the trolley in (it stops right in front of the convention center), it's often cheaper than parking at the convention center (I usually park at Old Town or Morena, free parking and the trolley is about $5 round trip), and you don't have to deal with driving downtown. And even if you're in costume, you're not out of place... it's been my experience that a good portion of the people on the early morning "special event" trolleys (running between Qualcomm and the convention center) are in costume, too.

Bottom line: the trolleys are your friend! Distance doesn't have to be an enemy!
        "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
        My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Thank You!!!! I found a room for the right price and the days that I wanted. And....it's not that far away.
          Congrats!
          *THUNK*

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

Cassidy- "Go ahead, Munch, rain on my parade."
          Munch- "I don't just want to rain on your parade, I want to blow up all the floats."

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
            Count me among those that will be attending. It will be so nice to get out of town for a few days. After the semester at school I had and these last few days at work I'm afraid I'm going to have some sort of a psychotic break if I don't get some sort of vacation. Even if it's only 7 hours away.
            Very cool! Hope to see you there at some point. Also hoping for some great San Diego weather, too.

Comment

Well we know when the Stargate Atlantis Panel will be and what hall it will be located in:

FRIDAY
              1:15-2:15 Stargate Atlantis—The Stargate legacy continues to burn bright on SCI FI with the fourth original season of Atlantis. Amanda Tapping, one of the most beloved stars in the Stargate universe, travels to the Pegasus galaxy to join the Atlantis cast by reprising her role as television’s favorite astrophysicist, Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter. Taking the torch from SG-1 as television’s most thrilling adventure series, Atlantis promises to up the ante this season by introducing a powerful new race, welcoming new cast members and mourning the loss of some beloved friends. Featuring panelists Amanda Tapping, (Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter); David Hewlett (Dr. Rodney McKay); Joe Mallozzi, executive producer/writer; Nora O’Brien, VP, original programming, SCI FI; Charlie Cohen, senior executive VP, MGM Studios; and Robert Cooper, executive producer/writer. Moderated by Gary Jones (Chief Master Sergeant Walter Harriman, Stargate SG-1). Ballroom 20

Note: this is just from the preview of the schedule for Comic Con: full schedule will be posted in another couple of weeks. Also for those will be going to comic con for the first time make sure you pick up a daily schedule at the event each day as often schedules will change or locations of events will change at the last minute. The publish a newspaper type schedule everyday of events that you will find outside the entrance to the exhibit hall.
              Last edited by tsaxlady; 06 July 2007, 07:00 PM.

Comment

I found out today that my requested days off from the job were approved. When I got home from work, I bought a con ticket. This will be my first venture to San Diego.

Comment

Just a note for all of you coming to comic con for the first time. Make sure you print out your registration receipt, if you do not have your receipt you will add 30 to 60 minutes to your check in time, bring it with you and have a photo id when you show up to pick up you badge then arrive early. Even though you have preregistered there will still be long lines. If you are arriving on Friday just for the Stargate panels you will want to get there early to pick up your badge and then get in line to get into room 20. After you pick up your badge go left past the autograph area through the glass doors and the hall directly in front of you will be hall 20. Entrance to hall 20 will be to your left.

Comment

I think I'll be there for when reg opens on wednesday at 3 and then for preview night. Will there be a long line for that?
                    *THUNK*

Munch- "I don't just want to rain on your parade, I want to blow up all the floats."

Comment

I think I'll be there for when reg opens on wednesday at 3 and then for preview night. Will there be a long line for that?
                      Lines on Wednesday are the shortest. I will be there Wednesday as well. I love preview night, it gives you a chances to see the exhibit hall when the crowds are the smallest. The other good thing about Wednesday is there will only be one line at registration. Because you can to purchase tickets on Wednesday so the line is for folks that already have tickets. Get in line go upstairs pick up your badges and program books, check out the freebies table. Then head down stairs to the exhibit hall when it opens.

Comment

Lines on Wednesday are the shortest. I will be there Wednesday as well. I love preview night, it gives you a chances to see the exhibit hall when the crowds are the smallest. The other good thing about Wednesday is there will only be one line at registration. Because you can to purchase tickets on Wednesday so the line is for folks that already have tickets. Get in line go upstairs pick up your badges and program books, check out the freebies table. Then head down stairs to the exhibit hall when it opens.
                        Nice. Since I will already have my badge, will I still have to stand in a huge line on Thursday to get in?
                        *THUNK*

Comment

Nice. Since I will already have my badge, will I still have to stand in a huge line on Thursday to get in?
                          Yep you wait in line for everything at Comic Con. Ballroom 20 which is were the Stargate panels are going to be held seats 4,250 people depending what is before the Stargate panel it could fill before the Stargate panel even starts so you want to check the schedule and then plan to be there early if the panel before the Stargate panel is a hot show or panel. The first panel of the day wil be around 10:00am so people will start lining up around 8:00am.

Comment

I'm arriving sometime Thursday...will badges for any days be available?

Comment

I'm arriving sometime Thursday...will badges for any days be available?
                              Did you order online? If not you want to do that ASAP. This have announced that they will sell out this year for the first time for some days. My guess is they will sell out Friday and Saturday before the event happens and will only have ticket for Thursday and Sunday available at the door. If you ordered the full weekend pass you can pick them up any day when you arrive you do not have to get there on wednesday to pick them up it is just that Wednesday has the shortest lines. Thursday is still a good day to pick you nadges up. Saturday is th day that is really crazy to get your badge because there will be over 100,000 people there on Saturday all at one time and it will be difficult to move around at times. You want to know were you are going and not stop on Saturday.

Comment

Did you order online? If not you want to do that ASAP. This have announced that they will sell out this year for the first time for some days. My guess is they will sell out Friday and Saturday before the event happens and will only have ticket for Thursday and Sunday available at the door. If you ordered the full weekend pass you can pick them up any day when you arrive you do not have to get there on wednesday to pick them up it is just that Wednesday has the shortest lines. Thursday is still a good day to pick you nadges up. Saturday is th day that is really crazy to get your badge because there will be over 100,000 people there on Saturday all at one time and it will be difficult to move around at times. You want to know were you are going and not stop on Saturday.
                                I ordered a one-day pass.. Friday...on-line. Will I be able to pick up my badge on Thursday?

Comment

Working...
                                X