San Diego Comic Con 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Diego Comic Con 2007

Executive Producer Joe Mallozzi has said on his blog that Ben Browder, Chris Judge, Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping are pretty much set up to attend the SG1: Ark of Truth panel at the San Diego Comic Convention this July.

He also said that Joe Flanigan, David Hewlett and Amanda Tapping are pretty much finalized to attend the Atlantis: Season Four panel.

Is anyone planning on attending this convention? The weekend festivities begin on Wednesday, July 25th and end on Sunday, July 29th, I believe.

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
    Is anyone planning on attending this convention? The weekend festivities begin on Wednesday, July 25th and end on Sunday, July 29th, I believe.
    Yep I will be there for sure.
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

I'm going to try to be there!

Comment

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/

July 26-29, San Diego Convention Center

J Mallozzi said on his blog
        "I also hear that we've more or less finalized the SG-1 and Atlantis panels
        for this year's Comic Con. The panels will take place Friday afternoon and the
        traditional Sci Fi party will be held on Saturday night. The party, I've been
        told will be a co-hosted by one of our most ambivalent critics, none other
        than Entertainment Weekly, who are no doubt delighted by the opportunity to fest
        BSG even at the prospect of suffering our incidental but annoyingly necessary
        presence. We'll try not to crowd the bar, guys."

NOTE: If you don't want to sit in the far back, you have to get there EARLY to grab a front seat. People will stay there ALL day. It's not like Creation which gouges for seats. It's stadium seating, or whatever. First come, first serve.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
          NOTE: If you don't want to sit in the far back, you have to get there EARLY to grab a front seat. People will stay there ALL day. It's not like Creation which gouges for seats. It's stadium seating, or whatever. First come, first serve.
          I don't know what your definition of Stadium seating is but mine is raise seating. Which is not the case in any of the halls at Comic Con. First come first serve is the way seating goes. Some people do stay in one hall all day others don't. There is a ton of stuff going on all over the place - personally I have never stayed in one hall all day and I have sat in the first 5 rows for the Stargate panels the last four years.

Depending on how important taking pictures is you can sit just about any were in the halls at Comic Con and see okay because of the large screens they have set up next to the stages.

Comment

Ah, I wish I were going! This is the first year in awhile that I live too far away. I just wanna be there for the Indy panel this year! Y'all have fun, though!
            "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
            My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
              I don't know what your definition of Stadium seating is but mine is raise seating. Which is not the case in any of the halls at Comic Con. First come first serve is the way seating goes. Some people do stay in one hall all day others don't. There is a ton of stuff going on all over the place - personally I have never stayed in one hall all day and I have sat in the first 5 rows for the Stargate panels the last four years.

Depending on how important taking pictures is you can sit just about any were in the halls at Comic Con and see okay because of the large screens they have set up next to the stages.
              that's why I said 'whatever' in regards to seating. But friends who have gone say it's packed, and say it's important to get there early if you want a decent seat.

Comment

I'm bringing a tent and a sleeping bag, that's all I have to say.

Comment

I'm not going, but I really hope the fans behave themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                    that's why I said 'whatever' in regards to seating. But friends who have gone say it's packed, and say it's important to get there early if you want a decent seat.
                    It's getting that way. It's harder if you are slow-moving or have a large group. If you're fast (and dare I say, a bit more "pushy" - not in a rude way!) you can nab a close seat when the handful of people at the panel before get up to leave. The key is to be somewhere close to the front and go FAST when you see an opening.
                    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

I'm bringing a tent and a sleeping bag, that's all I have to say.
                      A bit drastic, don't you think, but at least you will be close to everything.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
                        A bit drastic, don't you think, but at least you will be close to everything.
                        Haha, they would kick me out before I even reached the door, I think.

Comment

Haha, they would kick me out before I even reached the door, I think.
                          No kicking out the spaz.

Comment

Executive Producer Joe Mallozzi has said on his blog that Ben Browder, Chris Judge, Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping are pretty much set up to attend the SG1: Ark of Truth panel at the San Diego Comic Convention this July.

He also said that Joe Flanigan, David Hewlett and Amanda Tapping are pretty much finalized to attend the Atlantis: Season Four panel.
                            Nuh uh!!!!! Does anyone know what day they might be? If it's Saturday, I might just make the drive down from the SF Bay area!!!!

Is it November now? How 'bout NOW?! NOW?!!!?!? I want it NOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle View Post
                              Nuh uh!!!!! Does anyone know what day they might be? If it's Saturday, I might just make the drive down from the SF Bay area!!!!
                              Joe M had mentioned on his blog that the Stargate panels were on Friday. I'm trying to get that day off from work.

Comment

Working...
                              X