GateCon CA (Vancouver) - 2008 Aug 21-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
    We had a Fan party this past March in Vancouver during the Creation Convention. In attendance were Dan Payne, Ryan Robbins and Damian Kindler. All very charming men. Lots of GateWorld people dropped in. And with volunteering from some of our GateWorld members, the party went off well, with barely a hiccup. We had chocolate treats and alcohol, music, prizes and hot men.
    *cries cause I missed it*

I think we should have one. Doesn't have to be elaborate or anything. I'd be willing to help if there is something I can do.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
      *cries cause I missed it*

I think we should have one. Doesn't have to be elaborate or anything. I'd be willing to help if there is something I can do.
      I agree....we should have one if possible. Some place where the fans of Stargate and GateWorlders can gather if not at the con.

Comment

Fan party sounds like a good idea!! Count me in!

Comment

I just heard from another Gwer, that GateCon Australia was cancelled. I checked the website and sure enough it was. Lack of ticket sales is the reason. I hope GateCon CA doesn't fair the same problem. I'll be extremely PO'ed!!

Still waiting on my confirmation. Checked my statements and paypal sent payment on the 6th of August, and the credit card statement shows payment/charge on the 6th as well. So I am assuming I got my ticket......
          sigpic

Comment

Hi All,
            Me checking in here as promised.
            Have bought my ticket for Gatecon Vancouver.

For those of you who are not reading the Vancouver Con thread, as I mentioned there, someone I met recently out in Vancouver said that this is going to be a really good one and on the strength of that I bought my ticket. Said person knows a lot of the actors and I think we might just get a good "favourite people" turn out.
            So if you're stil debating whether or not to go this might persuade you to join the party!

Speaking of PARTY.... AG.....Bring it On!

It's a shame about the con in OZ being cancelled, some of my Aussie friends had already got tickets. Maybe they'll come out to Van instead!

For those going to Vancouver and wondering about public transport...If you go to
            www.translink.bc.ca
            this is Vancouver's transit system site. I love it. You can find out how to get from A to B or C...or D the "Trip Planner" works a treat.

The hotel for this Gatecon is a bit expensive (Oh Boy!)
            Haven't seen the Con rate yet. There are other hotels within a block or three. I'm going to find out some more on that soon.

Cheers all
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sechemech-Ib View Post
              Hi All,
              Me checking in here as promised.
              Have bought my ticket for Gatecon Vancouver.

For those of you who are not reading the Vancouver Con thread, as I mentioned there, someone I met recently out in Vancouver said that this is going to be a really good one and on the strength of that I bought my ticket. Said person knows a lot of the actors and I think we might just get a good "favourite people" turn out.
              So if you're stil debating whether or not to go this might persuade you to join the party!

Speaking of PARTY.... AG.....Bring it On!

It's a shame about the con in OZ being cancelled, some of my Aussie friends had already got tickets. Maybe they'll come out to Van instead!

For those going to Vancouver and wondering about public transport...If you go to
              www.translink.bc.ca
              this is Vancouver's transit system site. I love it. You can find out how to get from A to B or C...or D the "Trip Planner" works a treat.

The hotel for this Gatecon is a bit expensive (Oh Boy!)
              Haven't seen the Con rate yet. There are other hotels within a block or three. I'm going to find out some more on that soon.

Cheers all

I've been reading the Van thread and read that post. I'm all excited for this con!! (More so than the other cons I went to or will be going too soon). I wonder if they'll book any Atlantis people? I'm way more Atlantis than Sg1 and would be nice to see the "sister show" promoted.

I was looking at rates for the hotel. Expensive yes, but what the hell. I only live once so I don't care. But if the con rate gets it a bit cheaper, all the better. And add in some roomies to split the cost - even better and definately a hell of a lot more fun!!!

Damn, is it August 2008 yet? I'm ready!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starbird View Post
                I have booked today VIP ticket!
                MORE CHOCOLATE......................
                Yay! We get to meet up again. Party, Party, Party!!!

Lol, well, I don't know. Do people want a fan party?
                Oh Yes please! Glad to see you are going. I didn't get to talk to you much at this years con, maybe we can rectify this. I also will be will to pitch in and help.

I have had my ticket transferred to Vancouver since the Aus one was cancelled. I don't think they will have any such problems with Vancouver though.

I am happy to organise a pre con meet and greet dinner if anyone is interested? *secret entry is, of course, a rendition of the stargate song complete with actions. giggle snort*
                Where there's a will there's an or.....

Creation Con - Vancouver 2007
                sigpic
                Gatecon - Vancouver 2010
                HUB - Perth Western Australia 2010
                Oz Comic Con 2012 - Melbourne, 2015 - Sydney
                Oz Comic Con 2013 & 2014 - Perth
                Hawaii Con 2014 and 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantia View Post
                  Yay! We get to meet up again. Party, Party, Party!!!

Oh Yes please! Glad to see you are going. I didn't get to talk to you much at this years con, maybe we can rectify this. I also will be will to pitch in and help.

I have had my ticket transferred to Vancouver since the Aus one was cancelled. I don't think they will have any such problems with Vancouver though.

I am happy to organise a pre con meet and greet dinner if anyone is interested? *secret entry is, of course, a rendition of the stargate song complete with actions. giggle snort*
                  Pre con Meet and Greet!! SQUEE!!! Damn, the Stargate song with actions? Uber Cool as I missed it in Vancouver this past March (damned illness)! But I do have a video of it on my computer so I can start studying now.

((HUGS)) So glad you'll be joining us. Not happy that OZ was cancelled on you though. But very happy I'll get to see you again!
                  sigpic

Comment

Bring on the meet and greet dinner!

Atlantia.....so glad you could transfer your OZ ticket for Vancouver.

Comment

Has anyone gotten the email with their ticket number yet? I haven't and I'm getting a bit worried, because the tickets don't get shipped to us and I'm not really comfortable with getting on a six hour flight unknowing if I actually have tickets. I've gotten an email from paypal and another from a [email protected] no clue who they are. Haven't gotten the credit card bill yet but paypal says it went through.

It sucks about gatecon oz being cancelled, if that happend to gatecon ca do we get our money back? Best not book those plane tickets online either, they are a pain with cancellations.

Comment

Originally posted by Azmyth View Post
                        Has anyone gotten the email with their ticket number yet? I haven't and I'm getting a bit worried, because the tickets don't get shipped to us and I'm not really comfortable with getting on a six hour flight unknowing if I actually have tickets. I've gotten an email from paypal and another from a [email protected] no clue who they are. Haven't gotten the credit card bill yet but paypal says it went through.

It sucks about gatecon oz being cancelled, if that happend to gatecon ca do we get our money back? Best not book those plane tickets online either, they are a pain with cancellations.
                        The email from Bgowen should be the email of the gentleman that is sending out the confirmation emails.

I have yet to receive my email confirmation. I sent an email yesterday to confirm my ticket purchase I made the beginning of August.

I'm not sure about seat assignments as they are letting OZ attendees to switch thier tickets to this Con. So I imagine that will screw up things now too.

So far, I'm not too impressed with this company/organization. I just forked out a lot of money. I expected to have a confirmation by now and I damned well expect to have a very good seat as I purchased the ticket the day they went on sale.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone:

Fan Party it is then, I'll start lining up special guests.

AG
                          Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Hi everyone:

Fan Party it is then, I'll start lining up special guests.

AG

If you need any help with things, let me know. I'm NOT going to mis this one. Even if I am sick.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                              Pre con Meet and Greet!! SQUEE!!! Damn, the Stargate song with actions? Uber Cool as I missed it in Vancouver this past March (damned illness)! But I do have a video of it on my computer so I can start studying now.

((HUGS)) So glad you'll be joining us. Not happy that OZ was cancelled on you though. But very happy I'll get to see you again!
                              GG, You have it on video? Did you download it from somewhere? If so, can you send me the link please?

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                              Bring on the meet and greet dinner!

Atlantia.....so glad you could transfer your OZ ticket for Vancouver.
                              Ok. I will get started probably around Feb 08, so don't worry if you haven't heard anything.

Originally posted by Azmyth View Post

When they cancelled the Aus con I was offered a full refund or a transfer to Vancouver. They have not sent me an offical seat number yet, but I get the feeling that will happen shortly. If you are worried feel free to write to them. They respond very promptly, and seem only to happy to help you.
                              Last edited by Atlantia; 22 August 2007, 05:27 PM. Reason: Bad grammar
                              Where there's a will there's an or.....

Creation Con - Vancouver 2007
                              sigpic
                              Gatecon - Vancouver 2010
                              HUB - Perth Western Australia 2010
                              Oz Comic Con 2012 - Melbourne, 2015 - Sydney
                              Oz Comic Con 2013 & 2014 - Perth
                              Hawaii Con 2014 and 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantia View Post
                                GG, You have it on video? Did you download it from somewhere? If so, can you send me the link please?

Ok. I will get started probably around Feb 08, so don't worry if you haven't heard anything.

When they cancelled the Aus con I was offered a full refund or a transfer to Vancouver. They have not sent me an offical seat number yet, but I get the feeling that will happen shortly. If you are worried feel free to write to them. They respond very promptly, and seem only to happy to help you.

Hey Atlantia,

I think it was Pavane that sent me the video. It's a .wmv file. Perhaps I can try and sent it to you via email as I do 't ahve a link, but rather the file on my computer.

February '08 for planning the meet and greet dinner. Or in some of our cases, a re-acquaint dinner. sounds so far away, but yet, its really not that far off.

Oh, I did write to Allen two days ago. I'm still waiting to hear something......last time I wrote I got a reply in less than 24 hours. I'm just freaked as I purchased my tix the day they went on sale and the next day the ticket still showed in my basket and not being purchased. Although I did get my paypal confirmation and my credit card was charged. I'm probably being paranoid for no reason. I bought right away cause I want a very damned good seat, not just a good seat. If I get screwed, I'll be one p*ssed off Con-goer.

Vancouver in August....I'm hoping the weather is better than in March?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X