• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
    GateCon CA
    21-24 August 2008
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

OK...I know its way early, and there isn't much more info but the date and city, but is anyone else planning/thinking of attending this Con?

I thought I would give this one a try. I love Vancouver, I love meeting the fans at conventions and well, I'm thinking by August, there should be less rain to contend with.

Anyone??? Anyone????

*waits patiently....*
    I have booked today VIP ticket!
    MORE CHOCOLATE......................
    sigpic

Comment

I haven't given up yet. Just frustrated as I told hubby when the tickets went on sale, I wanted to buy one. As mentioned, he still has issues over my attitude about VancouverCon....*must learn to keep mouth shut*
      What attitude? You got sick. Can't be helped.

-AND-

AGH!!!!!!!! Cliff Simon will be there!!!! Now I have to go!!!!
      Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
        heehee........I thought so, AG!

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
          What attitude? You got sick. Can't be helped.

-AND-

Too true. I was sick which added to the less than stellar time.

Still working on hubby................stay tuned.
          sigpic

Comment

I got my vip tickets too. Hopefully the creation con overlap of the 24th doesn't make us miss out on some totally awsome guests, cause that would totally suck.

Comment

Yay! Got my VIP ticket!! Wow flights to Vancouver are expensive!!!!!
              Worth it

Comment

SQUEEE!!!!!!!

I just bought my VIP ticket to this Con!!!!

Now.....to figure out hotel (would love a roomie!!) and figure out how long I'm going to stay.
                sigpic

Comment

SQUEEE!!!!!!!

I just bought my VIP ticket to this Con!!!!

Now.....to figure out hotel (would love a roomie!!) and figure out how long I'm going to stay.
                  This is going to be so much fun!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Has anyone gotten confirmation form GateCon about their ticket purchases? I paid via paypal (and have the receipt), but yet, the ticket still shows up in my basket?? I sent off an email to confirm my ticket purchase. I never ahd this happen before.
                    sigpic

Comment

I only have the paypal receipt but the ticket isn't still showing up in my basket.

Comment

I would so love to go to this. The two best cons that I have ever been to were GATECONS in Vancouver (2003/2004). I heard that they would be returning to Vancouver a few months back and have been trying to convince a few friends to come with me. No luck yet. It is still a year away so I am not giving up hope yet that I will make it.

In addition to being an awesome con, Vancouver is an incredible city to visit. If you can I would recommend adding a day or so to your trip so you can see the sights.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1 View Post
                          I would so love to go to this. The two best cons that I have ever been to were GATECONS in Vancouver (2003/2004). I heard that they would be returning to Vancouver a few months back and have been trying to convince a few friends to come with me. No luck yet. It is still a year away so I am not giving up hope yet that I will make it.

In addition to being an awesome con, Vancouver is an incredible city to visit. If you can I would recommend adding a day or so to your trip so you can see the sights.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to spending more time in this city just playing tourist. I was there for such a short time in March and most sightseeing was Stargate related. This time I WILL get to Grouse Mountain and I WILL hike some of the Grouse Grind.

I hope this con is a good as I hear.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I'm looking forward to spending more time in this city just playing tourist. I was there for such a short time in March and most sightseeing was Stargate related. This time I WILL get to Grouse Mountain and I WILL hike some of the Grouse Grind.

I hope this con is a good as I hear.
                            I'm determined to do the Grind at some point, as well! I almost did it last summer, but I didn't have enough time. Grouse Mountain is gorgeous, though!
                            "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                            My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten View Post
                              I'm determined to do the Grind at some point, as well! I almost did it last summer, but I didn't have enough time. Grouse Mountain is gorgeous, though!

SQUEE!! Another Grind grunt! I've never been on a mountain (some very tall hills) ..and when I read about this one..its one of those places/things that I must do before I die. Next August sounds like a good time as any.

Is there public transportation to get there or am I better off renting a car?
                              sigpic

Comment

Has anyone gotten confirmation form GateCon about their ticket purchases? I paid via paypal (and have the receipt), but yet, the ticket still shows up in my basket?? I sent off an email to confirm my ticket purchase. I never ahd this happen before.
                                I got an email from paypal and gatecon confirming.

Comment

Working...
                                X