2008 Vancouver Con (Creation)!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
    I'll ask Ba'al to borrow his. I have no idea why he likes California so much. Must be the weather. Ba'al in all those very cool outfits would just ruin the look with a parka over the top.

By the way, I'm still dizzy, but I'm going to work. Yeah, I know, that's normal for me.
    A nice friendly Tok'ra with a healing device would be OK too! However Ba'al's administration of the healing would certainly be more theraputic in many ways!

I used to do that, soldier on through illnesses until the day doing that caused an even worse illness that took me out for 6 weeks and then weeks of part time to get back to normal. Now, when I feel under the weather I take the time off and I've been fine and bouncing back about 3 days later each time. If I'd taken the week off when I had that really bad flu instead of just 2 days I would have avoided all that trouble later on.

Take care of yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
      A nice friendly Tok'ra with a healing device would be OK too! However Ba'al's administration of the healing would certainly be more theraputic in many ways!

I used to do that, soldier on through illnesses until the day doing that caused an even worse illness that took me out for 6 weeks and then weeks of part time to get back to normal. Now, when I feel under the weather I take the time off and I've been fine and bouncing back about 3 days later each time. If I'd taken the week off when I had that really bad flu instead of just 2 days I would have avoided all that trouble later on.

Take care of yourself!

Aw, thanks. I hate being sick. Its so darned inconvenient...
      Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

I have a great idea . Why don't I just pop over for a few days and cook you some Hot Soup . Surely that should make you feel a little better . We can also Re-Cap on a few Memories .
        As for the picture you just Posted " if I just had a rubber band, a paper clip and some gum " I Loved it sooo much . Ingenious . Made me smile .

Hope you feel better .
        CRAZY IRISH GUY :

Puddle Jumper Pilot- Sheppard - Asmir
        Scientist - McKay - Shirt n' Tie
        Scientist - Zalenka- Bar
        Cook and able body - Ronon - Master Bray Tack .
        Crazy Irish Guy Was Here .

Spoiler:
        Are we Geeks or Nerds

Comment

Know the feeling. Have a bit of the sniffles as well today. Will take some cold remdies and head to bed!!!
          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
          CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
          GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
          VCON VANCOUVER 2010
          FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Been away for a couple of days visiting family in Belgium (hubby's family, not mine)....but have to pop in and say how thrilled I am for my son, Jon...

He just received his final grading for his Multi-media, Technology and Design Degree....he passed with a fabulous 2.1.... (just one down from a "First")

I'm very proud of him and glad that after 3 years of hard work and study he can now call himself Jonathan Wall, BSc....

Deeds xx
            sigpic
            Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
            MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Congrats to Jon..

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                Congrats to Jon..

Thank you...I have to email a certain Digital Effects Advisor to tell him the good news and thank him for his inspiration over 3 years ago!...

Spoiler:

Deeds xx
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                  Been away for a couple of days visiting family in Belgium (hubby's family, not mine)....but have to pop in and say how thrilled I am for my son, Jon...

He just received his final grading for his Multi-media, Technology and Design Degree....he passed with a fabulous 2.1.... (just one down from a "First")

I'm very proud of him and glad that after 3 years of hard work and study he can now call himself Jonathan Wall, BSc....

Deeds xx
                  That's great news! Congratulations are sent his way from me!

Comment

Deeds xx
                    Please pass on my congrats to him too!
                    Starwanderer
                    Secaucus, NJ Stargate Con Attendee 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Shirt'n'Tie View Post
                      Talk soon all....and slackers...C'mon News now people!!!

S'n'T
                      Hi S 'n' T. Had a great time at the con in Vancouver. Missed you! Did my happy dance the other day when I got my Amanda and Michael photo op in the mail .

RL has been a bit crazy, so I'm only starting to get back in here again.
                      Got to go to Toronto for a work related conference. Got to see my grandparents and go to Niagra Falls with my dad and his wife as part of that.

I am defiitely going to be looking forward to my holidays at the beginning of August! My sisters and I are renting a cabin at Sylvan lake and being beach bums with the "smallies" for a week.

Between now and then I will be trying to organize things so that they will go smoothly in the fall. I will be receiving a promotion at work. (Instead of hiring for a maternity leave position we are gong to do some reorganizing at the management level.) We are in the midst of discussing what that will look like, but it appears that I will become something like "Director of Program Administration" . One of the ladies I supervise will be going on maternity leave as well -and I will need to hire for her position as well as prepare some other staff for their own new responsibilities. Lots of great opportunities, but also a lot of work to make sure things all go smoothly!
                      Starwanderer
                      Secaucus, NJ Stargate Con Attendee 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Master Bray Tack View Post
                        I have a great idea . Why don't I just pop over for a few days and cook you some Hot Soup . Surely that should make you feel a little better . We can also Re-Cap on a few Memories .
                        As for the picture you just Posted " if I just had a rubber band, a paper clip and some gum " I Loved it sooo much . Ingenious . Made me smile .

Hope you feel better .
                        Anytime you want to come back to Canada, let me know. I could do with some Irish around the place.

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
                        Know the feeling. Have a bit of the sniffles as well today. Will take some cold remdies and head to bed!!!
                        I hope you feel better quickly, Annie.

@ Deeds: Congats to the son. I hope he finds work in his field quickly.

@ StarWanderer: Congrats on the promotion. What sort of work do you do?

Today, just 2 days after cold and almost snow, the temperature has done a quick reverse and is supposed to hit 28 or high 70's for you Americans. That's why Alberta vegetation grows so fast. The leaves jump out of the branches on the trees and plants dash out of the ground. You can almost hear the "sproing!!!". AS for activities, I'm off to the ChuckWagon races. There is a rodeo in town. YEEHAW!!!! Darn it! Shouldn't have given away all those cowboy hats in Vancouver!!!
                        Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Anytime you want to come back to Canada, let me know. I could do with some Irish around the place.

I hope you feel better quickly, Annie.

@ StarWanderer: Congrats on the promotion. What sort of work do you do?

Today, just 2 days after cold and almost snow, the temperature has done a quick reverse and is supposed to hit 28 or high 70's for you Americans. That's why Alberta vegetation grows so fast. The leaves jump out of the branches on the trees and plants dash out of the ground. You can almost hear the "sproing!!!". AS for activities, I'm off to the ChuckWagon races. There is a rodeo in town. YEEHAW!!!! Darn it! Shouldn't have given away all those cowboy hats in Vancouver!!!
                          Thanks AG!!

Have fun at the Chucks. That was my fave event when we went to the Calgary Stampede in 1986!!!
                          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                          CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                          GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                          VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                          FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Thanks....it's hard for graduates in these times of recession, but he plans to take a year off.....he has a part-time job in Canterbury which pays the bills....he will stick at that, learn to drive, and also wants to travel a bit....all the while keeping his eyes out for jobs....

Deeds xx
                            sigpic

Comment

Would the recent Science Degree Graduate, Mr Jonathan Wall B.Sc. (Hons)...please stand up....as his mother has fainted!!

Well done to the you all!! Congrats to Jon in particular...and I hope you all enjoy the graduation ceremony. The Cap and Gown ritual is really a great day out and makes all the hard work worth while!! Enjoy and congrats again DiscoDiva and Mr Deeds!!!!!!!

Talk soon all

S'n'T
                              "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                              Sara O' Neill's father;
                              COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Originally posted by starwanderer View Post
                                Hi S 'n' T. Had a great time at the con in Vancouver. Missed you! Did my happy dance the other day when I got my Amanda and Michael photo op in the mail .

RL has been a bit crazy, so I'm only starting to get back in here again.
                                Got to go to Toronto for a work related conference. Got to see my grandparents and go to Niagra Falls with my dad and his wife as part of that.

I am defiitely going to be looking forward to my holidays at the beginning of August! My sisters and I are renting a cabin at Sylvan lake and being beach bums with the "smallies" for a week.

Between now and then I will be trying to organize things so that they will go smoothly in the fall. I will be receiving a promotion at work. (Instead of hiring for a maternity leave position we are gong to do some reorganizing at the management level.) We are in the midst of discussing what that will look like, but it appears that I will become something like "Director of Program Administration" . One of the ladies I supervise will be going on maternity leave as well -and I will need to hire for her position as well as prepare some other staff for their own new responsibilities. Lots of great opportunities, but also a lot of work to make sure things all go smoothly!
                                I’m at the point that RL being crazy is better than nothing much happening! Although starting the training course for what I hope will be a good turn in my career on June 29th will help stop the downhill slide into madness being unemployed can cause! You know things are getting bad when you find yourself looking out the window being amused by the neighbourhood bunny rabbit that escapes from its cage regularly and roams around happily in our garden and everyone elses, eating the bedding plants. It sees off all the cats who take great interest in it and is certainly the boss now! I’m just amazed how it hasn’t been eaten by a predator or run over on the road yet! Seems like Canadian rabbits are not like other bunny rabbits!!!

Congratulations on your promotion! It’s so nice when things work out and you get recognition for good work. Certainly all go there!

We’ll sort of get a holiday in September when we go to hubby’s 2nd cousin’s wedding in Winnipeg. I’m looking forward to seeing another bit of Canada!

I guess the vegetation has to get on with budding and flowering in the blink and you miss it summer in Alberta!

Vancouver is not living up to its reputation of it raining here all the time! There has been no rain here since May 19th according to the weather report in the paper today. I have to say I’m finding it odd that there hasn’t been much this winter and spring really, you really do get used to it and it’s weird when you don’t see rain for a lengthy period of time. Only time you'd expect not to see much is in July and August, probably find all the rain we’ve missed will fall in July and August now!

Thanks....it's hard for graduates in these times of recession, but he plans to take a year off.....he has a part-time job in Canterbury which pays the bills....he will stick at that, learn to drive, and also wants to travel a bit....all the while keeping his eyes out for jobs....

Deeds xx
                                I hope he gets a job in the field he qualified in. It would be nice to hear about that happening. Jobs were few and far between for young people when I left the UK, that was one of the reasons why I left. Don't want to think about what it's like now with the recession! I felt my kids would have better opportunities in Canada and so far it has worked out for the best. They have more opportunities to chop and change and find what suits them best and good non university training programs as well if they want to do something different.

My daughter was offered a place to do law at university while she still lived in the UK, but she decided that she didn't want to be saddled with the debt at the end and find she had problems getting work at the end of it. She's now happily working in the Human Resources dept for one of the biggest retailers in BC.

My son is considering going into nursing once he gets the grade 12 qualification. He could challenge the entry requirements with his equivalent British qualifications, but he feels it would be better to get the Canadian one. So he's working on that now whilst working as a casual labourer for a contractor to earn some money.

Comment

Working...
                                X