Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Battles, our fan-made Stargate Game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Battera View Post
    That's the way the auto fire is supposed to work. It's going to make 'manual' seem more plausible. It's going to make the player's choice a little more difficult: Auto will go to where the ship was, while manual will let you shoot at where the ship is going.
    Nice. That should make for some interesting target practice.

Comment

Well... here's a link to my interesting attempt to make a myspace page for ITV productions:

Clicketty clakcers!
      You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Your 15. O-o

PS: Wheres them new demos.
        lol

Comment

I'm waiting for the new sprites befor I release the demo.
          You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Since the page is a little... bland right now, I was wondering if anyone would care to submit video clips of them playing one of the games (whichever, it doesn't matter)?

If you are interested, but do not know how to take video clips of what's appearing on your desktop, Wink is a great program to use.

http://www.debugmode.com/wink/

copy and paste that into your browser, to go to the Wink homepage.

-LGBT-

Comment

Coolio. I've done the polls, and when I get home I'll add you to my Myspace.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Battera are you certain that program is trustworthy?

Battera, what sprites exactly are you waiting for?

Battera, is there anyway you can make the shield bar more easy to see durring fights, I keep getting absorbed by the battle, that I lose track of the damage and get killed.

Battera, in the simulator, will we be able to choose where to put each ship?
                And will we be able to chose the size of the map?
                Last edited by An-Alteran; 28 February 2007, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Well, what's going to happen? I don't think there's any security worry with Myspace.

The enkyllian sprites that ltcolshepjumper offered to make.

Well, the shield par is prominantly framed, and placed at the top of the screen, next to the radar that you are supposed to be using often...

Yes. When you select what ship you want to put into teh level, i'll use a drag and drop system so you can put them wherever you want.
                  And yes, there will be different map sizes, though I don't know what they will be, or how many options I'll give you.

-LGBT-

Comment

Anyway, um, what will the second demo be?

Comment

Battera, I am taking tons of screenshots.
                      Want me to email them all to you when I am done?

Comment

...I didn't need screenshots, I needed Video Clips. I posted a link to a program called 'wink' which is easy to use. It records the activity on your desktop into a video file, so if you use it while playing the game, you can record a clip.

The second demo will be released withing a week after I get the sprites.

-LGBT-

Comment

Well, the game from now on, will be made in Game Maker 7! Not much more to say at this point...

...still waiting for those sprites...

-LGBT-

Comment

Oh, lol.
                            I took well over 200 nice clips already. bah.

I can't figure out how to "record" a battle.:/

What will the next demo be "about"?
                            Last edited by An-Alteran; 02 March 2007, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Nothing really, just a small level in a pleasent grassy field, where the player'll have to fight some Enkyllians.

The final Demo will feature the first mission of the game, named 'Survivor: Chulak', and chronicals the Enkyllians second attempt to take the famous Jaffa planet.

And each week, we'll add another poll to the myspace page, as well as change the one which asks you what you think is going to happen in the game.

-LGBT-

Comment

When do you think a demo for the simulator would be done?

Personally, I think that will be the absolute favcorite part of the game.

Another thing, the Asgard ships fire WAY WAY too fast.
                                We have never seen the canons fire at more than 1 or 2 shots per second.
                                And that was against the Replicators!

I hate maps with Asgard ships, they are like immpossible to beat.
                                The 3 Asgard ships in the III game in that Wraith level make the level extremely easy.
                                You CAN'T loose unless you are stupid with how you fly the Illiad.
                                You can just let the Asgard do all the work.
                                Their weapons just chew through everything because they are powerful to begin with, but also they are just insanely fast firing.

The turrets make sense at their speeds, except the illiad turrets. The blue blasts on the illiad turrets made them kinda wrong. Without the blue blasts, the Illiad turrets would have been likely not complaigned about.
                                Personally I think they should be re-added except as infinite firing, and without the blue blasts.
                                They are like energy versions of rail guns.
                                Last edited by An-Alteran; 02 March 2007, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X