Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Battles, our fan-made Stargate Game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've made them myself.
    The offer was for the creators of the stargate game though.

Comment

Well, if you have an Ancient Warship model, and can provide a top-view picture of it, that would be a great help.

Oh, and if everyone remembers a while back, about the controversy on whether or not MGM would shut us down, I think I realized why they haven't... yet. A stargate has never appeared, or truthfully been referenced significantly in the games. The closest we've come is the Supergate, which is in many ways distinct from the Stargate.
      You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

http://64digits.com/users/Fiender/Demopack.zip

There y'all go. Controls for the space fights are the same, and you use WASD to move the ground player around.
        You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by Battera View Post
          Well, if you have an Ancient Warship model, and can provide a top-view picture of it, that would be a great help.
          D'Oh haven't modelled that one yet. Sorry
          I have to make it eventually, I'll let you let you know when I do.

Comment

Oh, and if everyone remembers a while back, about the controversy on whether or not MGM would shut us down, I think I realized why they haven't... yet. A stargate has never appeared, or truthfully been referenced significantly in the games. The closest we've come is the Supergate, which is in many ways distinct from the Stargate.
            They can't shut you down, it is not legal to do so.
            You are not using copyrighted material for profit,
            you are not using it professionally (technically).
            You are merely using the ideas they have shown.

They con no more shut you down, than Gateworld itself, or Stargate: Horizon.

Comment

Links down.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

...whoops...

There, I fixed it. Here it is again:
                http://64digits.com/users/Fiender/Demopack.zip

-LGBT-

Comment

Well, anyway we are now looking for concepts for further installments of the SGB series. If you have a story plan, that you think is worthy of being put into an SGB game, then please post it!

P.S. The story must take place between 2080-2100, and still be compatible with our storyline.

-LGBT-

Comment

Not really liking this person shooter aspect. I find the controls pretty crap for such a section.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                      Not really liking this person shooter aspect. I find the controls pretty crap for such a section.
                      Well, any suggestions? I can't think of anything else to use. I tried the rotating thing and you all said that sucked, and then I tried the linear WASD movement, and you don't like that either.

-LGBT-

Comment

It's just the way you've set it up like the space-battle stuff. It just feels clumsy as a person shooter controls. Instead of following the mouse, just have like WASD working as normal, but without the mouse leading the controls, but just being the aim.

If that makes sense?
                        sigpic

Comment

instead of making it a top view make it from the shooters view, I'll help create graphic for it, if you need them.
                          sigpic
                          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                            It's just the way you've set it up like the space-battle stuff. It just feels clumsy as a person shooter controls. Instead of following the mouse, just have like WASD working as normal, but without the mouse leading the controls, but just being the aim.

If that makes sense?
                            I think you're describing the new system.
                            WASD actually moves the player, and all mouse does is aim.

Originally posted by boberth2o
                            instead of making it a top view make it from the shooters view, I'll help create graphic for it, if you need them.
                            You mean like a first person shooter? That would require experience with 3d... which I don't have.

-LGBT-

Comment

You mean like a first person shooter? That would require experience with 3d... which I don't have.
                              Not necessarily, you can make it the same way you do the current top view battles, or you could do the battle side view like the old Prince of Persia games.
                              sigpic
                              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                                Not necessarily, you can make it the same way you do the current top view battles, or you could do the battle side view like the old Prince of Persia games.
                                If we did a side-scroller then we wouldn't be able to put in all of the horizontal content that a large field demands.
                                Personally, with some adjustment the current method works fine.

-LGBT-

Comment

Working...
                                X